Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is someone asking if it is ok to eat spaghetti bolognaise a day after it was cooked and has been in the fridge? How do these people live?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Anyone read 'how to dress like a frazzled English woman' in S&B?

They are all falling over themselves to say that they dress like that, don't give a tit about their appearance etc. But then they are describing exactly the kind of women that they normally rip apart on mumsnetfor being unstylish

• Haha
Reactions: 11

They are all falling over themselves to say that they dress like that, don't give a tit about their appearance etc. But then they are describing exactly the kind of women that they normally rip apart on mumsnetfor being unstylish
Don't give a tit about their appearance but don't think twice about spending £300 on a frumpy sister wife sack dress? Or posting selfies on a daily basis of what they are wearing?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There's a hen do one unfolding atm and obviously they're all in there bragging about how cheap and unspecial their hen dos were. They're so averse to doing anything nice or joyous I don't know why they didn't just get a meal deal and eat it in a car park next to some bins.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
There's a hen do one unfolding atm and obviously they're all in there bragging about how cheap and unspecial their hen dos were. They're so averse to doing anything nice or joyous I don't know why they didn't just get a meal deal and eat it in a car park next to some bins.
It's so weird how they're usually competing over who has the most money and is the most middle class, but when it comes to weddings and hen dos, the shitter the better. Not that there's anything wrong with a low key wedding or hen, those can be really lovely, but just so weird that those are the only things where it suddenly becomes a race to the bottom.

Reactions: 10
I never participate in those threads, but if I did I would win them by virtue of not having had a hen do at all. Beat that ya cheap fuckers 😝

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
It's so weird how they're usually competing over who has the most money and is the most middle class, but when it comes to weddings and hen dos, the shitter the better. Not that there's anything wrong with a low key wedding or hen, those can be really lovely, but just so weird that those are the only things where it suddenly becomes a race to the bottom.
Maybe weddings are one of those new money things and upper class people have soup stains on their wedding dress.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I do love a good wedding or hen do thread! Bonus points for a "Well I got married in a portaloo in a layby of the A3. We served bbq rat on a stick and we drank pond water and everyone still says it was the best wedding they have ever been to"

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Maybe weddings are one of those new money things and upper class people have soup stains on their wedding dress.
Kate Middleton had a big posh do for her wedding though and I don't think she had soup stains on her wedding dress. :D :D

Every single life event is divided into class issues. A hen party in Barcelona/Butlins with everyone wearing bikini tops and glittery stetsons, or matching t-shirts with silly slogans on like 'Slutty Sally' and 'Blow Job Bella' = chavtastic. A gathering of women wearing crumpled designer sacks, drinking Earl Gray tea and discussing the meaning of life, the night before one's wedding = middle class and the right way to conduct oneself.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I never participate in those threads, but if I did I would win them by virtue of not having had a hen do at all. Beat that ya cheap fuckers 😝
I‘ll raise ya…
I never had a hen do and I’ve never been to one either! 😝 (had invitations before you think I’m Billy no mates, just not my thing).

Ahh but now it's a trend on tiktok with Gen Z so it's suddenly the height of style and of course they've been like that all along! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
Haha the Frazzled thread, has anyone shyly announced how many rich people they know yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
there's a rather good thread about the MIL giving the grandchildren gold coloured spoons...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I do love a good wedding or hen do thread! Bonus points for a "Well I got married in a portaloo in a layby of the A3. We served bbq rat on a stick and we drank pond water and everyone still says it was the best wedding they have ever been to"
Well we didn’t eat or drink at all at ours, we don’t tend to at home really and none of our guests would have expected any different. We don’t know any morbidly obese people. The majority of us are alarmingly sedentary these days, food and drink just aren’t needed unless you are burning large numbers of calories through exercise. People have lost sight of what an active lifestyle should look like. Most people can get by simply on the water content of the air they breathe, and the subsistence from spiders accidentally swallowed in one’s sleep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Also, no matter how tit their wedding sounds, apparently the guests told them it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to.

• Haha
There was a thread the other day about a couple that apparently couldn’t get their weekly shop under £100, even though they don’t buy booze or fags, (WTF are they buying if there’s only TWO of them and it’s costing £100? Sides of trout and boxes of Ferreo Rocher?!)

Anyway, one of the ‘helpful’ suggestions was to reuse foil. Apparently it’s a game changer, because then you hardly ever have to buy it. HOW are you saving significant amounts on your weekly shop by smoothing out scrunched bits of foil 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.