Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1698841515335.png

Surely this didn't really happen, they don't just go posting out adoption certificates left, right and centre?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
View attachment 2544531

Surely this didn't really happen, they don't just go posting out adoption certificates left, right and centre?
Nope, Id say that's rubbish here in the U.K. ( might be an Overseas poster though , so might be the case where they are....?) . I had to physically go to the County where I was born to the local offices to apply for a replacement copy of mine & take proof of I.D etc and form-fill on the day as well.
That was a good few years ago now but I wouldn't think it's changed?

Reactions: 6
View attachment 2544531

I’d say there’s a 0% chance the local authority would take it upon themselves to send out random adoption certificates to someone who’s details didn’t match up with what they requested 🤔

Reactions: 10
New addition to the adoption certificate thread, there are no photos of her until she was 2 years old.

Reactions: 2
View attachment 2544531

There's no such thing as an 'adoption certificate'. Even if she was dumped on a doorstep, she would have had her birth registered and been given a name, with the parents' details listed as unknown, but she would always get a birth certificate.

Adoption is a legal process, so you don't get a certificate, you get a court order. You might get notification that the court records were sealed, but nowadays you can apply to get them unsealed if you are the child (now adult) who is the subject of the order to get details, if any, of your birth parents.

So yeah, definitely didn't happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
View attachment 2544531

I dont know about adoption certs in the post, but I will say it's not entirely unbelievable.

I had DS in 1993. His father was a fuckwit. As such I walked out before he was born and have never seen him since. His name did not go on my sons birth certificate.
When he was 9 months old I met my now husband. We married a few years later and son and I both took his surname. At this point we decided to make things a bit more legal, I was concerned if anything happened to me the fuckwit might have a claim so we started the process for my husband to adopt him.
Now I don't know why, and as far as I know it doesn't work like this now, but back in the late 90's just my husband couldn't adopt him. I had to as well, despite being his birth Mum. It was a ridiculous drawn out process.
Anyway, when it was all over he was given an adoption certificate. Now he knew, we'd never made a secret of it, but I could see a scenario where one parent adopted a child and they weren't told which is why I don't necessarily disbelieve the OP.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm sad. We didn't get any trick or treaters at all. we had a lantern and a witch on a broomstick (tiny wooden one,, probaby hand carved by Peruvian fisherman) outside the door and loads of e number filled confectionary, and they all walked by.

I'm terrified they think we're the local mumsnetter home. (I mean we DO bring home 6 figures - pence is a figure yeah?) and have super high achieving young people .... but I'm MORTIFIED.

• Haha
I'm sad. We didn't get any trick or treaters at all. we had a lantern and a witch on a broomstick (tiny wooden one,, probaby hand carved by Peruvian fisherman) outside the door and loads of e number filled confectionary, and they all walked by.

I'm terrified they think we're the local mumsnetter home. (I mean we DO bring home 6 figures - pence is a figure yeah?) and have super high achieving young people .... but I'm MORTIFIED.
Go no contact with all of your neighbours and log it with 101 or better still get your 7ft rugby playing husband (or wife, I don't like to assume) to send them this text message.

Greetings local people
I am writing to you to express my righteous fury that you failed to visit my establishment on all hallows eve. I had gone to some considerable expense acquiring organic sweet treats for your offspring when they visited and sourcing the finest hand made decorations, but you failed to arrive.
Please be advised that you are no longer welcome upon my property and I have notified the authorities of my intention to snub you in the locality.
Sincerely,
The Nobotoxta family

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Our final trick or treaters last night were teenagers. One was dressed as the Joker and the other - well, at first glance she was a witch, then on looking closer, she had NO FACE. I threw the bags of Haribou at them, followed by a clove of garlic and some sage.

I think she was a demon.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I had to endure a church hall ‘farewell autumn’ party last night (I was there in a work capacity, as a nanny) and it was full to the BRIM of Mumsnet activity. There was a big hoo ha about how deep the bucket was for apple bobbing, because children can drown in a puddle you know. IN SECONDS. And worse, what if two children who weren’t siblings bit the same apple? It was also noted that they were ‘just those cheap gala ones’ and many of the children wouldn’t eat them and two definitely wouldn’t because they can only appreciate the taste of a sharp Braeburn from granny’s orchard in the ‘Cots’ (wolds?!!)

At a craft table you could decorate a little mask with glitter etc, and that was quite awful because the glitter would travel back with them in their costumes like bedbugs from Paris and remain in the carpets for 68 years, no matter how hard Dora the housekeeper tried to Hoover it out. Also there was no FOCUS on the activity due to the consumption of sweets and there’s just NO POINT doing an artistic activity if you’re just going to shove glue and feathers at it without a CARE.

I was assured there would be wine but when I went to look it was just sicky mulled stuff and the lady trilled at me that the alcohol would all be burned off so I didn’t need to worry about getting tipsy, although I might want to watch the sugar.

I bought a bottle of actual wine on the way home and consumed it all along with all the trick or treat sweets that my charges aren’t allowed to eat. If I have to go to that again I’ll bloody drown myself in the apple bobbing bucket.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Someone in chat asked 'shag/marry/avoid Cbeebies presenters' and the first 2 responses were so typical of mumsnet:LOL:

None. Just cos I have kids doesn't mean I have to base my sexual desires around boring childrens TV.

Would you feel happy if dads joined in here and wrote about which female presenters they'd rather objectify?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Someone in chat asked 'shag/marry/avoid Cbeebies presenters' and the first 2 responses were so typical of mumsnet:LOL:

None. Just cos I have kids doesn't mean I have to base my sexual desires around boring childrens TV.

Would you feel happy if dads joined in here and wrote about which female presenters they'd rather objectify?
Did they put 'light-hearted' in the title though? Because Mumsnetters are simply unable to find any humour in anything unless instructions are given.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Go no contact with all of your neighbours and log it with 101 or better still get your 7ft rugby playing husband (or wife, I don't like to assume) to send them this text message.

Greetings local people
I am writing to you to express my righteous fury that you failed to visit my establishment on all hallows eve. I had gone to some considerable expense acquiring organic sweet treats for your offspring when they visited and sourcing the finest hand made decorations, but you failed to arrive.
Please be advised that you are no longer welcome upon my property and I have notified the authorities of my intention to snub you in the locality.
Sincerely,
The Nobotoxta family
Perfect. I am devastated. They will NVER ENTER MY HOME AGAIN (not that they ever did, obvs, because, some of them are probably trade)

• Haha
The Dixie moon beam stream post has been shared on MN Facebook so I’m sure I’m thinking that the resulting cut off of the grandparents is going to solve the problem 🤣 it’s so unique that somebody who knows them will see it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There can't really be a kid called Dixie Moon Beam Stream out there, a kid that doesn't have at least one debauched rockstar as a parent?

• Haha
Reactions: 9

But are you shaking and sobbing?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The Dixie moon beam stream post has been shared on MN Facebook so I’m sure I’m thinking that the resulting cut off of the grandparents is going to solve the problem 🤣 it’s so unique that somebody who knows them will see it.
]
If, and it is a big if that thread is for real, that is a real cunts trick by MN to put that out on FB where it will likely reach a bigger audience. Now obviously, if it is true the gran is a bleeping moron putting it out there on MN in the 1st place but it doesn't sit right with me for MN to broadcast it further.
Good job it isn't real because what kind of mentalist would call their kid Dixie Moonbeam Stream? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 8
I had to endure a church hall ‘farewell autumn’ party last night (I was there in a work capacity, as a nanny) and it was full to the BRIM of Mumsnet activity. There was a big hoo ha about how deep the bucket was for apple bobbing, because children can drown in a puddle you know. IN SECONDS. And worse, what if two children who weren’t siblings bit the same apple? It was also noted that they were ‘just those cheap gala ones’ and many of the children wouldn’t eat them and two definitely wouldn’t because they can only appreciate the taste of a sharp Braeburn from granny’s orchard in the ‘Cots’ (wolds?!!)

At a craft table you could decorate a little mask with glitter etc, and that was quite awful because the glitter would travel back with them in their costumes like bedbugs from Paris and remain in the carpets for 68 years, no matter how hard Dora the housekeeper tried to Hoover it out. Also there was no FOCUS on the activity due to the consumption of sweets and there’s just NO POINT doing an artistic activity if you’re just going to shove glue and feathers at it without a CARE.

I was assured there would be wine but when I went to look it was just sicky mulled stuff and the lady trilled at me that the alcohol would all be burned off so I didn’t need to worry about getting tipsy, although I might want to watch the sugar.

I bought a bottle of actual wine on the way home and consumed it all along with all the trick or treat sweets that my charges aren’t allowed to eat. If I have to go to that again I’ll bloody drown myself in the apple bobbing bucket.
Oh I LOVE it when church halls don’t allow themselves to be hired out for Halloween parties, because Satan worshipping or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.