Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not any more as it was the same boring group that kept stating the obvious and thinking they were geniuses for spotting it. I give that sub six months to limp on. Especially with that one who keeps name changing and setting up new accounts claiming to have lost her log in details. I get the feeling she keeps being banned.
I kept seeing the reddit group mentioned and found that one, it isn't up to much at all is it.

Reactions: 5
Fishfingers? Aren't you concerned about UPF? Also the carbs...I just couldn't. I've not looked at a fish finger since we cut off my abusive MIL for trying to feed them to our petite DD and strapping DS.
You don't have a mother in law problem, you have a DH problem. It's HIS mother so HE should be telling her that you're going NC.
Unless of course, she's old and leaving you a hefty sum in her will, then of course you can allow anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There’s a thread running at the moment from a mum who’s worried that her six year old is struggling to make friends. So far, so normal.

This response though? Peak Mumsnet.

My advice is to get her playing an orchestral instrument in a local conservatoire as quickly as possible

What the duck is a conservatoire? I just love the assumption that the OP is equally as upper class as her! She’s not suggesting setting up the odd play date, or befriending a couple of other mums to meet up in the local park… no, this child needs to start learning an instrument. But not a basic one, oh no, an orchestral instrument 😂

AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Peak MN right here on the Pee’d off at parents who drive their kids to our street to Trick or treat thread

Untitled.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Nuts? But what about the carb and fat content!? 😱

I'm amazed how many of them say they get involved with trick or treating considering most of them are allergic to opening their door

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They are all such joysuckers.

Halloween should be a fun Autumn evening, getting dressed up (my little boy was a zombie astronaut), knocking on neighbours' doors, getting sweeties handed out, seeing all the ghosts and werewolves and spider webs and beautifully carved pumpkin lanterns everywhere. Not in Mumsnetland though, think of the E numbers, think of the potential paedophiles waiting to entice your small child indoors, think of the riff raff from the big estate encroaching on your middle-class turf :eek:

It will be the same next weekend with Bonfire Night. We will be going to the local park to watch the firework display, and it will be a great evening out, with toffee apples and hot chocolate for the child and Irish coffees for us - but Mumsnetters will complain about the noise, the pollution, the crowds, the poor people enjoying themselves on a chilly November evening.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Halloween should be a fun Autumn evening, getting dressed up (my little boy was a zombie astronaut), knocking on neighbours' doors, getting sweeties handed out, seeing all the ghosts and werewolves and spider webs and beautifully carved pumpkin lanterns everywhere. Not in Mumsnetland though, think of the E numbers, think of the potential paedophiles waiting to entice your small child indoors, think of the riff raff from the big estate encroaching on your middle-class turf :eek:

It will be the same next weekend with Bonfire Night. We will be going to the local park to watch the firework display, and it will be a great evening out, with toffee apples and hot chocolate for the child and Irish coffees for us - but Mumsnetters will complain about the noise, the pollution, the crowds, the poor people enjoying themselves on a chilly November evening.
Irish coffees in the park? Do you think you could have a drink problem Serena? How many units do you consume a week? Do you know that Irish coffees are 47 units of alcohol? What will you tell the surgeon when they are replacing your exploded liver?

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Personally, I always over estimate at Halloween, because sweeties that have been bought for other people and remain uneaten dont count as they have to be eaten or it’s a waste (see also Christmas). One year, it was nice weather and we had loads round so even the back up sweeties went. Was not happy. Had to buy more to have some spare :cool: 😀

• Haha
Personally, I always over estimate at Halloween, because sweeties that have been bought for other people and remain uneaten dont count as they have to be eaten or it’s a waste (see also Christmas). One year, it was nice weather and we had loads round so even the back up sweeties went. Was not happy. Had to buy more to have some spare :cool: 😀
I had two trick or treaters last night. Two.
Other half thrilled as he's now spirited away the box of Hairbo into his office so I've undoubtedly seen the last of those. It's the same every year though, our house is back off the street up a drive and none of them can be arsed to walk up it. I've got smart lighting outside so can switch it to a theme so the house was lit up flashing green and orange with pumpkins all up the drive. I'd watch the kids in the street go to next door, look up out drive, think 'duck that' and head off.
Might not bother next year tbh.

Reactions: 6
Irish coffees in the park? Do you think you could have a drink problem Serena? How many units do you consume a week? Do you know that Irish coffees are 47 units of alcohol? What will you tell the surgeon when they are replacing your exploded liver?

What will I tell the coroner when my son dies of a hyperglycaemic attack after eating a toffee apple AND drinking a hot chocolate on the same evening?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She said "Shaggy Bear" and "Teddy Bear" were very close, so I'm almost convinced the child's name is Pooh Bear. It fits the "rude shortening" criteria and it actually would be difficult to keep a straight face.

This may not be popular but I actually think it's a form of child abuse to give a child an utterly ridiculous name. The OP and her husband are being slated but they seem like the only sensible poeople around the baby at the minute.

But of course, they're all wringing their hands and talking about racist grandparents and asking if everyone is neurodiverse to care about that.
Update: the name as been revealed as Dixie-Moon-Beam.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
There’s a thread running at the moment from a mum who’s worried that her six year old is struggling to make friends. So far, so normal.

My advice is to get her playing an orchestral instrument in a local conservatoire as quickly as possible

What the duck is a conservatoire? I just love the assumption that the OP is equally as upper class as her! She’s not suggesting setting up the odd play date, or befriending a couple of other mums to meet up in the local park… no, this child needs to start learning an instrument. But not a basic one, oh no, an orchestral instrument 😂

AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.
As the child that found it hard to make friends, learned an instrument and joined a prestigious youth orchestra - being the orchestral school nerd definitely didn't help me make friends. I did get made the subject of a lot of "this one time, at band camp" jokes. And I don't speak to anyone else I did music stuff with. Thankfully I made all my uncool hobby decisions myself rather than being pushed into them by my parents.

Reactions: 9
And the surname is Stream:LOL: so it's Dixie-Moon-Beam Stream?
Hmmm, I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that hahah
---
'Not used soap for more than half his life'

The op has gone to the effort of changing their username to WTAFSHOCKEDANDMORTIFIED. Nothing like a good old shocked AND mortified. Just one of them isn't enough

• Haha
  • Wow

AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.
giphy-1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And the surname is Stream:LOL: so it's Dixie-Moon-Beam Stream?
Hmmm, I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that hahah
---
'Not used soap for more than half his life'

The op has gone to the effort of changing their username to WTAFSHOCKEDANDMORTIFIED. Nothing like a good old shocked AND mortified. Just one of them isn't enough
And the thread turned on a sixpence.
A lad I was at school with had a traditional family name of Richard … most of the usual nicknames were taken by the time it got down to him, so he was called Dixie.

Reactions: 2
I found another thread last night from last year.
This time called AIBU to love Margo Leadbetter? (from the Good Life)
They were falling over each other to praise Margo's social climbing and lifestyle, whilst making snippy comments about Tom and Barbara, poking fun at them for being self sufficient and environmentally aware (sooo borrringi!!!). Some of them even boasted people mistaking them for Margo!
"Oh, people call me Margo AAAAALLLLL the time, must be my boarding school, cut glass accent!!"
"We are just like Margo and Jerry, OMG!"
"Uggh, their neighbours were exploiting them like benefits scroungers!"

Funny that this same crowd of hyenas are the first to use 'environmental concerns' as an excuse to buy tons of expensive clothing, organic meat and not mowing their garden. I am convinced that this crowd are 100% obsessed with an idealised, outdated representation of the dolt-stupid, self serving, mythical upper class.

(I am pro rewilding, just loathe MN!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Why are they all losing their tit over the clock change?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
" we waste nothing in this house. We are so privileged living here when so many are starving. DH and I are often in tears at the evening news on the television receiver ( tuned to bbc2 only, all other channels are blanked out ) at the strife in the World.
Son no 1 has a healthy appetite but Son no 2 eats like a bird. The pan of stew on the Solar Halogen Hob has been on the heat for a Fortnight now , simply being topped up with recyclable paper bag fulls of lentil beans and free-range potatoes. "

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
" we waste nothing in this house. We are so privileged living here when so many are starving. DH and I are often in tears at the evening news on the television receiver ( tuned to bbc2 only, all other channels are blanked out ) at the strife in the World.
Son no 1 has a healthy appetite but Son no 2 eats like a bird. The pan of stew on the Solar Halogen Hob has been on the heat for a Fortnight now , simply being topped up with recyclable paper bag fulls of lentil beans and free-range potatoes. "
Today on BBC2 in Things That Never Happened…..

Nothing against a good warmed up stew, I’m the first to admit the taste better after reheating, but yikes.

Reactions: 1
'Has your DH turned into a grumpy old man?'

Given that most of mumsnet seem to absolutely hate men and moan about them at any opportunity, I wonder if any of them have ever considered that maybe they've become grumpy because they have to live with miserable mumsnetters?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.