Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god, people are nearly dying of shock when this mumsnetter reveals her real age.
Dying of shock 😲
duck's sake. So if she joined a group of early to mid 30s people, nobody would be able to pick her out as older than they are?

We all think we look younger because we see our own faces every day and so we don't notice the change because it's so gradual to us. Also that wall
mirror close up is deceptive.
db2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I ventured into Mumsnet today to find out that if I eat more than two fish fingers I am a gross monster who will have to be removed from the house by crane.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I always doubt sad posts now, even though I privately acknowledge they might be true, so simply don't join in.
They are often a breeding ground for the MN Death Eaters, drama llamas, doom mongers. If the poster is new, I feel truly sorry for her. That frothing of support can be cut off at the jugular within seconds.

I always believe most of the popular threads are started intentionally by either MN staff or their press 'partners'. Since many popular threads find their way into the gutter press within a week of posting suggests a reciprocal link between both MNHQ and the press, to me.

Reactions: 19
Strange thread currently running atm, woman saying she's being blackmailed by a TV famous religious man, capabilityfrowns is in her element.
People are saying its been posted before.
I bet it gets pulled soon

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Strange thread currently running atm, woman saying she's being blackmailed by a TV famous religious man, capabilityfrowns is in her element.
People are saying its been posted before.
I bet it gets pulled soon
It's that the one where she's been sniffing coke and he accused her of raping him?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I ventured into Mumsnet today to find out that if I eat more than two fish fingers I am a gross monster who will have to be removed from the house by crane.
If my last meal was a fish finger sandwich with lashings of salad cream, I would die happy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I got my comeuppance for pointing and laughing at the Mumsnet calendar in asda the other day. The alternative calendar I bought was missing a December page 👀🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Another recent dress thread, both natasha and that awful metadaughter (or whatever it is) are dominating all chat and practically taking over as if awaiting the word 'dress' to appear on the site. I am beginning to doubt their sanity tbh. Metadaughter recommended this to a dress newbie asking for practical solutions to winter dressing - - -

WTF!!!! I mean at this point I think they are trolling. The only detail that links both of their posts is the astonishing pricetags. Natasha has admitted to being 'short. old and fat' in a few previous posts, so I strongly doubt she would wear anything she posts.
What is sad is that it is littering up the S&B section, quite heavily, not to mention obsessively. No way is any of this sincere.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 21.34.28.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Surely this article of clothing is what you wear *underneath* your actual winter dress. And the addition of a proper bra and knickers wouldn't go amiss either.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think Aled Jones.
Or its totally made up.
---
Another recent dress thread, both natasha and that awful metadaughter (or whatever it is) are dominating all chat and practically taking over as if awaiting the word 'dress' to appear on the site. I am beginning to doubt their sanity tbh. Metadaughter recommended this to a dress newbie asking for practical solutions to winter dressing - - -

WTF!!!! I mean at this point I think they are trolling. The only detail that links both of their posts is the astonishing pricetags. Natasha has admitted to being 'short. old and fat' in a few previous posts, so I strongly doubt she would wear anything she posts.
What is sad is that it is littering up the S&B section, quite heavily, not to mention obsessively. No way is any of this sincere.

View attachment 2543574
Good god.
What thread is that 🤣?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
2 fish fingers serves my family of 4 and that includes by 6ft 5 rugby playing husband and 2 teenage boys who are both 6ft, very skinny and have hollow legs. If we have them with a MASSIVE salad, there’s even leftovers to make a nice fish finger soup for dinner the next day.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Does anyone read the MN subreddit? It used to be pretty good (the Crumbs Christmas calendar still makes me laugh), but now it's literally just the same thing over and over again, posted by the same five or so incredibly humourless and angry people. I don't see the value in pointing out an obvious troll thread that will be deleted in five minutes.
Not any more as it was the same boring group that kept stating the obvious and thinking they were geniuses for spotting it. I give that sub six months to limp on. Especially with that one who keeps name changing and setting up new accounts claiming to have lost her log in details. I get the feeling she keeps being banned.

Reactions: 3
I think Aled Jones.
Or its totally made up.
---

Good god.
What thread is that 🤣?
Not sure if we are allowed to post direct links here but it is called Winter dresses and boots - what style? from 18 July this year.
---
2 fish fingers serves my family of 4 and that includes by 6ft 5 rugby playing husband and 2 teenage boys who are both 6ft, very skinny and have hollow legs. If we have them with a MASSIVE salad, there’s even leftovers to make a nice fish finger soup for dinner the next day.
Pppffft, we not only have 4 strapping rugger boys who topple a good 7ft tall but 20 black labs who ALL despise those horrid little fish finger products.
I will order a few hundred boxes every time I do a Waitrose shop though as we keep a large, tattooed, working class man in the cellar for amusement. He literally drools as I carry them in on a large plastic tray from B&M's.

• Haha
  • Heart
Are registrations closed at the moment? I got banned three weeks ago for posting a real scenario thag was happening to me on AIBU? And despite having been on there for years I got banned 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
We've almost got a mumsnet tattoo thread bingo full house

Tacky✅
Ick✅
No class✅
Awful✅
Dump him✅
Make you look aggressive✅
Common✅

I'm just waiting for someone to come along and mention chavvy and then it's complete

Neck and face tattoos make people look instantly aggressive.

Why you haven't told him what a stupid, ridiculous idea this is is mind boggling. He will look like a daft thug.

Goodness me, neck tattoos are dreadful (and I say that as a man with a couple of colleagues sporting them). You can see high-end clients physically double-take when they meet these staff members! Not for me, but each to their own. If my DW got one I'd get a massive dose of ick.

I always associate neck and face tattoos with drug dealers

If it were my husband, I'd tell him to go find a cool wife like you because he would be getting a neck tattoo over my dead body. They are bleeping dreadful.

If this were my husband, I would 100% be controlling and I would lever be seen with him ever again. Honestly, I would probably leave him. One life and all that, don't want to spend it with someone looking like a thug/criminal. Ditto for hands. Just gross.

I know I'll get shot down for this, but tattoos ('tats') look so common
No man I know has ever said ‘my goodness’. Or ‘a massive dose of ick’.

Reactions: 10
Fishfingers? Aren't you concerned about UPF? Also the carbs...I just couldn't. I've not looked at a fish finger since we cut off my abusive MIL for trying to feed them to our petite DD and strapping DS.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.