Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a new HAND HOLD PLEASE in trending. Usually guarantees a 50 page misery wank at the very least.

I also predict the thread about wearing a poppy will go south, too.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
As we come to the end of the Halloween posts (AMERICANISMS!!!!!) its reassuring to see the start of the ‘Furious about fireworks’ threads, complete with women babies, terrified animals and people with PTSD.

It’s like it just appears unexpectedly isn’t it? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Where would I find the thread on the woman who keeps posting those ‘interesting’ charity shop outfits please and thank you?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’m spending £48 on a silver cabin (chalet?) at Butlins next week 😆 and I need that like a hole in the head to be honest. But my toddler is going to have the time of his life and we’re poor 😅

If I posted that on Mumsnet they’d probably say ‘is there NO way you could at least stretch to a chalet at the VERY back of the woods at Centre Parcs? It would be £475 but at least you’d not expose your child to crackheads and contract diphtheria from the restaurant’
We did Butlins in the summer and it was bloody brilliant! Hope you have a fab time

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Good grief!

Flounciest flounce (with extra ruffled flounces) on the Dan Wootton thread on the RF boards (tried to do a link but apparently I can't).
The RF boards can be some of the car crashiest because some people are obsessed with H&M Vs W&K and seem to spend most of their time posting there (the rest is spent watching The Crown and looking for links on Twitter and the tabloids, despite hating the tabloids), so I can never resist a fascinated once-over every now and then.

This poster is so cross that she's had a post deleted that she's never going to post again.
What's more, MN hasn't changed how they run MN despite her telling them they should.
So she's going to write a book about it all.
And has informed another MNer that she's left her the (obviously very valuable indeed) details of her account in her will!
I'd prefer some sherry glasses (a la Clockwise) but there you go.

It's a very weird little corner of MN.
---
Where would I find the thread on the woman who keeps posting those ‘interesting’ charity shop outfits please and thank you?
It's on Style & Beauty and is called "WAYWT Autumn/Winter 23".
Stands for "What are you wearing today" I assume.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
'Husband won't call grandchild by his name' in aibu is a good one. OP has used Starry-Skye and Misty-Bridge as examples, then says it can't be shortened as the shortened version sounds like a rude word. The only example I could come up with is Cunty-Mccuntchops, I can see why you wouldn't want to shorten that

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
As we come to the end of the Halloween posts (AMERICANISMS!!!!!) its reassuring to see the start of the ‘Furious about fireworks’ threads, complete with women babies, terrified animals and people with PTSD.

It’s like it just appears unexpectedly isn’t it? 😂
To be honest, as someone who is owned by a couple of extremely nervous rescue cats, it is annoying when people randomly pre-empt and just decide to rogue with a box of Standard fireworks. We’ve had them here on and off for a week now. The cat flap is shunned in favour of a comedy cat shape cut out through the door in the haste to get back inside and the air is thick with Feliway. We do have tablets from the vet but you can’t give them retrospectively. So, i’m not furious about them, but my heart does sink a bit when I hear an unexpected fizz bang.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Anyone remember the op who was asking why younger partners of older men always get a raw deal, then flounced by saying she was going for a passionate encounter with him? She seems to be back again but this time bragging about them having sex 3 times a day and that they even had sex 4 hours before her waters broke. Think she's after a medal or something

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Which one of you started the "I really hate my dog" thread in AIBU?

The opener is a cavalcade of anti-doggie delights.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Which one of you started the "I really hate my dog" thread in AIBU?

The opener is a cavalcade of anti-doggie delights.
If this one is true it made me really sad. Pretty much all the things listed can be sorted with some decent training. Hopefully it's just a troll trying to get all the haters frothing, otherwise I feel a bit sorry for the dog

Reactions: 10
I’m spending £48 on a silver cabin (chalet?) at Butlins next week 😆 and I need that like a hole in the head to be honest. But my toddler is going to have the time of his life and we’re poor 😅

If I posted that on Mumsnet they’d probably say ‘is there NO way you could at least stretch to a chalet at the VERY back of the woods at Centre Parcs? It would be £475 but at least you’d not expose your child to crackheads and contract diphtheria from the restaurant’
Do you want your children to catch poor? *tilts head*

• Haha
Reactions: 13
We did Butlins in the summer and it was bloody brilliant! Hope you have a fab time

Butlins is a rite of passage. It's changed a fair bit for the better.
I remember taking DS, he was about 2 at the time and Noddy obsessed. Butlins in Skeg had some Noddy thing on so we went. Now I'm going back 27 years here...
Got there quite late as it was a trek from our home, and February time so pitch black. We were directed to a chalet in a block that kind of looked like it had been built in 1950, rickety steps, broken windows boarded etc and half the path lights out. Let myself in, turned on the light switch, nothing, just a crunch. Mobile phones then were bricks with no torches so much fumbling to find another light. Eventually got one turned it on to see the main light bulb shattered on the floor and the one in the bathroom in a similar position.
So far so good, could deal with it in the morning. Child was tired and grumpy, pulled back bedding, blood spatter all up the mattress. Whole place was filthy and grim.
By now reception is shut so we sleep on top of bed under coats and decide to deal with it in the morning. 3am we are rudely awoken to drunk lads hammering on all the windows as they walk along the block.

9am and DH was first at reception. Much apology and they gave us a 'silver standard' caravan. Opened the door, still smelled funky, still not 'clean' clean, but figured it would do. They'd left a VIP Hamper, by way of apology and it contained some nice tea bags. Decided to make a pot of tea, teapot lid already raised. On closer inspection this was due to the four mouldy tea bags that remained within it and had grown so much they'd opened the lid... Laughed at this point, bought sleeping bags from Argos and just used it as a base for the week. DS absolutely loved every second of it.

I believe it's a different thing altogether now, but back then I can absolutely see why it had such an awful reputation. The flat/chalet things have been knocked down and its a bit less Hi De Hi. I would never go back without kids, but I'd probably take a grand kid for a few days (if I had any!)

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Anyone remember the op who was asking why younger partners of older men always get a raw deal, then flounced by saying she was going for a passionate encounter with him? She seems to be back again but this time bragging about them having sex 3 times a day and that they even had sex 4 hours before her waters broke. Think she's after a medal or something
Which one is this?? Fair play though, my sex drive has said sayonara!

Reactions: 2
What the flip is happening on the royals and dan wootten thread. It's pure madness!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.