Mumsnet #22 Are you strange generally?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're like the people who see eg a car crash on Facebook and tag their mate like omg we were on that road three weeks ago, that could've been us! I won't sleep tonight!
i used to work with a woman like that. Genuinely in Victorian times she would have hired herself out as a professional mourner. The dispatches part of the local paper was her ’to do list’. Her reading it was along the lines of ‘oooooh, they’ve gone, then. I only brushed past them in Tesco 6 months’ ago as well‘ Or ‘that name rings a bell. Think they used to live next door to my aunts window cleaners cousin in the 1980’s‘ <sad tut>

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Is there no tragic story that these grief athletes won't hitch their wagon to, wringing their hands and weeping dry eyed for how sad it makes them?
Newsflash you ghoulish cunts, it's not about you, stop trying to centre yourselves in someone else's tragedy.
It was the same when Nicola Bulley’s disappearance was the main headline.

There’s a subsection of humanity who are permanently on the lookout for the latest tragedy in order to showboat their performative empathy and outdo everyone else in terms of their projected trauma. It’s pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I am irritated by all the people wanging on about changing the law so people have to hear their sentences, and I include both Sunak and Starmer in that. Because what they really mean is that they want someone convicted of a crime to be confronted with the impact of what they’ve done and, huge though my sympathies are with victims’ families, no one can make a criminal sorry for what they’ve done simply by forcing them into a room and reading things to them. Maybe we should just cut to the chase and stick them in the stocks?

Meanwhile there are clearly massive systematic issues in the NHS around reporting and managing problems, so can politicians talk about that instead?
---
And the competitive crying and holding tight of children on MN is just eyerolling.

Mumsnet 1869: It's not right, giving the murdering witch a nice, cosy, clean hanging in the privacy of Newgate Prison when we want to see every moment of it.

Mumsnet 1839: It's not right, those Chartists were sentenced to be publicly hung, drawn and quartered, but they've been let off with merely imprisonment, likely disease, disability and death in the colonies - that woolly idiot Home Secretary Walpole is going on about making executions private and away from the public. They need to bring back at least the public hanging and beheading after death from twenty years ago.

Mumsnet 1790: They're only hanging women for treason now. Why can't we see them burned at the stake? It's the only way to be sure justice is seen to be done.

Mumsnet 1679: Can you believe it? They're not going to stick traitor's heads on pikes on London Bridge anymore. Our entire Easter Holiday is ruined, I can't stop shaking and crying. Whatever will Titus and Edmund do for their Art project now? - they'll never get into Cambridge without it and their entire lives are RUINED.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Mumsnet 1869: It's not right, giving the murdering witch a nice, cosy, clean hanging in the privacy of Newgate Prison when we want to see every moment of it.

Mumsnet 1839: It's not right, those Chartists were sentenced to be publicly hung, drawn and quartered, but they've been let off with merely imprisonment, likely disease, disability and death in the colonies - that woolly idiot Home Secretary Walpole is going on about making executions private and away from the public. They need to bring back at least the public hanging and beheading after death from twenty years ago.

Mumsnet 1790: They're only hanging women for treason now. Why can't we see them burned at the stake? It's the only way to be sure justice is seen to be done.

Mumsnet 1679: Can you believe it? They're not going to stick traitor's heads on pikes on London Bridge anymore. Our entire Easter Holiday is ruined, I can't stop shaking and crying. Whatever will Titus and Edmund do for their Art project now? - they'll never get into Cambridge without it and their entire lives are RUINED.
Mumsnet 1787: Oh, the French. They know how to do a Revolution and execution. So much better than boring old England. We were there in the summer and FitzHerbert and Henrietta had such fun. They were allowed to go right to the edge of platform. Fitzherbert says the legs twitched for a full minute. He hasn’t slept since for the excitement … and we came home with some lovely hand knitted scarves.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
S&B:

Is this outfit okay for a hanging?
It’s not clear from your post whether it’s you being hanged or you’re a guest at the event? If the latter, I wouldn’t wear that no. It’s quite unforgiving unless you are a size zero or smaller, like the model (do you have tuberculosis?) and I’d quite be put out if someone else was wearing white at my hanging. If it is you being hanged and you’ve got terribly thin whilst in the clink then I suppose you could get away with it if you accessorised with a belt. Not a rope one though, it’ll be too matchy matchy with the noose *tinkly laugh’

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
When we were watching the news earlier a story came on about the nurse and my 6yo was very pleased they had the same name. She obviously doesn't understand the story though.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It was the same when Nicola Bulley’s disappearance was the main headline.

There’s a subsection of humanity who are permanently on the lookout for the latest tragedy in order to showboat their performative empathy and outdo everyone else in terms of their projected trauma. It’s pathetic.
Did mumsnet ever figure out whether NB was suicide/accident/foul play? I remember a lot of holding forth on “the police are doing/have done it wrong, this is what they should be doing” from the I’ve seen all of ER and don’t understand why they won’t give me the A&E consultant post brigade…

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Mumsnet 1787: Oh, the French. They know how to do a Revolution and execution. So much better than boring old England. We were there in the summer and FitzHerbert and Henrietta had such fun. They were allowed to go right to the edge of platform. Fitzherbert says the legs twitched for a full minute. He hasn’t slept since for the excitement … and we came home with some lovely hand knitted scarves.
Never thought about it like that before but yes I suppose MN are like the modern day equivalent of tricoteuse!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There was a thread on there earlier I forget the exact title but basically she hasn't stopped crying. I just hid it without reading it. I don't know if I'm made of ice or mumsnetter are made of tears but I think they're ridiculous about this kod of thing, always arguing over who has cried the most, then ones crying and shaking and ones crying and shaking and had to wake her children up to hug them close 🙄 If my mum behaved like that I'd have gone NC as a toddler.
Have they been doing that for the whole ten months of the trial or just for the last 5 minutes since its been headline news? Twats.

Reactions: 5
When we were watching the news earlier a story came on about the nurse and my 6yo was very pleased they had the same name. She obviously doesn't understand the story though.
There was a thread yesterday from someone who has a daughter called Lucy, and the op was saying she was so distraught about it that she's now considering changing her daughters name because she thinks that the name will now be tainted forever🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Anyone noticed this insufferable user called MuddlerInLaw on the s&n threads?
that’s metadaughter/countrycousin/etc etc etc. i’m not a stalker! she just has a very particular condescending writing style and a penchant for recommending expensive crap under the guise of broadening the minds of s&b.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.