Mumsnet #22 Are you strange generally?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ…
Have to say, I feel similar...

However, I will also say that after witnessing a traumatic death while still in primary school I’m fairly sure I have some sort of attachment disorder…

We’ve just discovered bil has been taking and spending pil’s money for at least the last 5 years. Basically planned to spend all the inheritance before they were even dead.

• Wow
Reactions: 10

However, I will also say that after witnessing a traumatic death while still in primary school I’m fairly sure I have some sort of attachment disorder…

We’ve just discovered bil has been taking and spending pil’s money for at least the last 5 years. Basically planned to spend all the inheritance before they were even dead.
This would make a great Mumsnet thread.
But seeing as this is Tattle, have a supportive arm link and a Kitkat. Stuff that happens that young has a huge impact on our Love Map so don’t be too hard on yourself; if you want to try counselling etc it really does help. But also axe throwing.

Edited because what I wrote made no sense 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Why would I give anything to a man who wouldn't even let me eat at the same table as him; content to watch me hoover his crumbs off the floor whilst gazing up at him doe -eyed, as he sat on his gilded pedestal made from the broken backbones of the people he’d steamrolled to get there.
Ngl I’m feeling that a gilded pedestal made from the broken backbones of all the people I’ve steamrolled sounds a vibe 👑

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This would make a great Mumsnet thread.
But seeing as this is Tattle, have a supportive arm link and a Kitkat. Stuff that happens that young has a huge impact on our Love Map so don’t be too hard on yourself; if you want to try counselling etc it really does help. But also axe throwing.

Edited because what I wrote made no sense 😂
Thank you. I have had some chocolate marzipan rather than a kit Kat 😂. I do like the sound of axe throwing, but my hand eye coordination is tit 😂

I was told children are resilient and get over stuff quickly. Even when I did the whole behavioural problems thing in my teens it was put down to “hormones”. In hindsight I can’t believe not one person, not even me, put two and two together and suggested trauma counselling. Ah, the 80’s 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I feel similar as well but a lot of my family died over the years including one of my parents when I was a child. But especially if someone dies at old age I find it strange that people would be completely devastated with grief. But everyone feels this differently I guess. God I should maybe move to Mumsnet 😅

Like this.

I *think* it means taking care of yourself health and beauty wise. It's so twee and childish it makes me cringe.
Absolutely awful

Reactions: 5

Same, almost ashamed to admit. Like, I understand the pain but my way of dealing with it has always been "accept, act, move on". But I'm autistic so also a bit of an attachment issue. When my dad was in hospital before dying, I just went through the motions of "get insurance info, get copies of advanced directives and power of attorney, choose hospice, make sure everyone is updated, coordinate with nurses, talk to funeral home, talk to Veterans' Affairs to set up funeral, get death certs, close accounts, clean out apartment". Think I cried twice. It doesn't make us less human, just have cause to react differently.

Your BIL is a dick though, sorry but also not sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you. I have had some chocolate marzipan rather than a kit Kat 😂. I do like the sound of axe throwing, but my hand eye coordination is tit 😂

I was told children are resilient and get over stuff quickly. Even when I did the whole behavioural problems thing in my teens it was put down to “hormones”. In hindsight I can’t believe not one person, not even me, put two and two together and suggested trauma counselling. Ah, the 80’s 🙄
Yeah the 2000s weren’t much better. I’m one of the MN lot who find death really impossible to cope with, regardless of the age of the person, but was just told to stop being hysterical and repress my feelings.
I thoroughly recommend the ace throwing, the whole room is designed for the purpose so you can be as crap as you like 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
bleeping hell. So many threads about the new edit button, it's like they've just discovered their clitoris for the first time 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Does Capricious Hag have any fame on here. She pops up in Style & Beauty, always condescending.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Everyone is loving the bag. Is it just me or is it bleeping hideous?
I'm pretty sure any of us could find something similar in a charity shop nearby. Glittery clutch bags, bought for an occasion, used once because you need more than a lipstick and a credit card most nights out, no room for your phone or an emergency tampax/condom either.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.