Mumsnet #22 Are you strange generally?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's with the house seller who keeps allowing marathon viewings from the purchasers.... do these people simply not know how to say no to anything.

It's like tattooing doormat on your forehead and wondering why people are standing on it :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does Natasha Dancing ever respond to anyone who has a dig at her? There has been a few people now but I’ve never seen her respond. Although her fan club (f*king weirdos) seem to. She just breezily and tinkly ignores and moves on to her next groundbreaking fashionista post. I’d love to know who she is in real life. The image she portrays of herself is one who I would imagine wouldn’t ever be seen dead on mumsnet…which leads me to believe she’s a massive blagger!
I had a dig at her and my post was deleted. Several people posted in support of her and her weird clothing choices.
---
I always imagine her to look like the Natasha in Bridget Jones - that witch Lawyer Mark Darcy works with 😂😂
In one post she said she was in her mid sixties.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
There’s a thread in S&B right now from a poster asking if she can wear a favourite summer dress to an autumn wedding and make it less “summery”.

Proceeds to link to a dull looking dress in burgundy.

Lots of replies saying it’ll be fine as it isn’t very summery in the first place. Then the slagging started. It’s boring. It looks like work wear (to be fair, it does!). It’s not very weddingy.

ND suggests getting some costume jewellery from an art gallery gift shop “like the V&A or the Royal Academy”.

Enter MudderInLaw:

It’s a day dress, OP. The entire jewellery stock of all the royal palaces couldn’t make it evening wear. Combination of shape, print, non-luxury fabric - it’s perfectly nice but there’s not a single thing about it that indicates celebration.

No one’s going to turn you away at the door - but if you can find or afford something else …

🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I had a dig at her and my post was deleted. Several people posted in support of her and her weird clothing choices.
---

In one post she said she was in her mid sixties.

She's going to be a 74 year old, size 18-20, with thinning bubble perm hair, saggy kneed leggings from Primark, Ecco shoes, a puce vest, grey fleece jacket selling vaguely of mildew and a Butler & Wilson bag to make a change from the Kiplings with the oh-so-amusing monkey tat dangling from the zips.

• Haha
  • Heart
Just been reading a really boring bog standard thread about whether someone should buy a switch for her kids, went onto the next page and it disappeared with a message saying they have concerns about the op. Why would someone troll about that:cautious:

• Haha
  • Wow
Just been reading a really boring bog standard thread about whether someone should buy a switch for her kids, went onto the next page and it disappeared with a message saying they have concerns about the op. Why would someone troll about that:cautious:
Because everyone knows that the Switch is a gateway drug to…
Gaming (shhhh)

• Haha
Such a place of solidarity to all women that place….someone’s concerned about raising their hours to full time will affect family life and asks how to make it work and just gets ripped to shreds for not having worked every minute she popped out her kids. They’d hate me as a SAHM to school age kids

• Angry
Reactions: 6
She's going to be a 74 year old, size 18-20, with thinning bubble perm hair, saggy kneed leggings from Primark, Ecco shoes, a puce vest, grey fleece jacket selling vaguely of mildew and a Butler & Wilson bag to make a change from the Kiplings with the oh-so-amusing monkey tat dangling from the zips.
Has the grey fleece got a wolf on it?

• Haha
I’m loving the Daughter is a Disappointment And Throwing Her Life Away Thread.
Personally, I’d have thought she would be a Mumsnet role model.
I think it didn’t take until page 2 for someone to pop up and say, at least she’s getting amrried so when he dumps her for another woman, shes sorted.
Activating the Duck 🦆🦆🦆🦆protocol a year before the wedding is kind of peak Mumsnet, really.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m going to start a thread in Style and Beauty asking if Wolf & Badger make fleeces with animals on.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think it didn’t take until page 2 for someone to pop up and say, at least she’s getting amrried so when he dumps her for another woman, shes sorted.
Activating the Duck 🦆🦆🦆🦆protocol a year before the wedding is kind of peak Mumsnet, really.

again as a quite an intelligent woman who threw her life away to be a SAHM to her disabled kids I was loving so much of that thread

Reactions: 2
I kind of think that is spot on Tbf.

Getting duck protocols in order before the wedding saves a lot of grief way down the line.

Personally I have no issue with sahm, pt, full time, whatever works for you. What does annoy me is women, and men to an extent, who pop out kids and promptly give up work for some tenuous reason like “my salary doesn’t cover childcare”. With absolutely no thought to long term issues like pension, income later in life, what if dh disappears or dies, long term affordability, or any other eventuality.

Get those duck sorted first, so if he leaves, or a child needs care, or something happens and dh loses his job, so that you can provide for yourself and any dependents long term.

Don’t whinge when he runs off with his secretary that you gave up everything and now what do you? Now kids are grown, you have no pension, haven’t worked for 30 years. Much easier if you’ve already planned. Even if it’s continued with pension contributions, or savings, or bought a btl flat you can move in to. Don’t just abdicate all financial responsibility to a man and expect him to support you until you die.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I kind of think that is spot on Tbf.

Getting duck protocols in order before the wedding saves a lot of grief way down the line.

Personally I have no issue with sahm, pt, full time, whatever works for you. What does annoy me is women, and men to an extent, who pop out kids and promptly give up work for some tenuous reason like “my salary doesn’t cover childcare”. With absolutely no thought to long term issues like pension, income later in life, what if dh disappears or dies, long term affordability, or any other eventuality.

Get those duck sorted first, so if he leaves, or a child needs care, or something happens and dh loses his job, so that you can provide for yourself and any dependents long term.

Don’t whinge when he runs off with his secretary that you gave up everything and now what do you? Now kids are grown, you have no pension, haven’t worked for 30 years. Much easier if you’ve already planned. Even if it’s continued with pension contributions, or savings, or bought a btl flat you can move in to. Don’t just abdicate all financial responsibility to a man and expect him to support you until you die.
Hey Nadine, it’s almost the bank holiday weekend, have a gin and chill 😎 💙

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I’ve done the necessary but I don’t know how to lock this one? Anyone?

Reactions: 1

I’ve done the necessary but I don’t know how to lock this one? Anyone?
Report your post and ask for it to be locked I think x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.