Mumsnet #23 Is this outfit okay for a hanging?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @PrincessCharming for the thread title and @Wackie Jeaver for pointing it out! Handholds and woolly hugs for you both🤝🏼

How do you recap a place that’s so batshit? Basically they all want to be French, they hate kids and god help you if you weigh over 8 stone

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
From now on, DH and I are only going to converse en Francais so mon petit garcon can become fluent before he starts primary school.
AIBU?

With regard to the screenshot above ⬆ they are utterly obsessed with body size, aren't they?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've put on around 3 stone since I met my husband. That's two children and the menopause for you...mind you I was an alcoholic wreck weighing about 7 stone then so healthy and happy is a little more preferable 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I genuinely don’t know how some of them are still married. Nowhere on my list was it “must stay 34inch waist” but you know “there for me in times of crisis” was fairly crucial

• Heart
Reactions: 22
B3602200-C8AF-41A9-9E52-14892CC6A67A.png

The replies to this one 😂😂 ‘we are renovating our 8 bedroom Victorian currently and you need to budget at least 192&37372 for the aga alone’

• Haha
Reactions: 26
From now on, DH and I are only going to converse en Francais so mon petit garcon can become fluent before he starts primary school.
AIBU?

With regard to the screenshot above ⬆ they are utterly obsessed with body size, aren't they?
So he’s not fluent already? <tinkly little laugh>
My little Delphine was fluent before she was out of the womb, but she is extremely advanced (and very tall and slim)

Yeah, you’re right, they’re obsessed with body size (but I know who I’d rather go out on the piss with and it ain’t that lot ❤)
---
Oh duck off.
She sounds like fun 👀👀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Even the part about eating it in the cafe. So either they are bored and posted again or I've got some weird dejavu going on.

Reactions: 1
Thanks to @PrincessCharming for the thread title and @Wackie Jeaver for pointing it out! Handholds and woolly hugs for you both🤝🏼

How do you recap a place that’s so batshit? Basically they all want to be French, they hate kids and god help you if you weigh over 8 stone
Gosh 8 stone? I can't believe people can reach that level of obesity. 7st 4 is perfect for me at 5ft 9, anymore and I'd be lardy of thigh.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
But of course I shrug, it's the most Gallic of all body language, n'est pas?
I can't remember the last time I shrugged but that's maybe because I only speak 5 languages. DD5 speaks 8 languages but she's tall and lean and very sporty so needs to. DH has a hobby so he speaks 12 languages but he only earns upwards of £100, 000 a year. The nanny isn't as skinny as me as she eats 1500 calories a day and she only speaks 3 languages but we let her go home to visit her family in the Philippines for 3 weeks every year.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.