Mumsnet #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just thinking about the nutters over there when I used a rotisserie chicken in a curry. They would get through to New Years with it where as I ate some and put the rest in my curry. Didnt even make 70 gallons of soup with the bones.
Like it’s a chicken not Jesus’s banquet of fish and bread. There’s only so much you can do with it.

Idk how little portions they actually give if they’re getting more than 2 meals out of an ordinary chicken

• Haha
Reactions: 9
None of the MNers drink. But everyone else they know seems incapable of drinking without pissing and shitting themselves!

Also have you seen the thread about worst behaved adult at Christmas. Soon descended into a misery contest about all kinds of abuse.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
None of the MNers drink. But everyone else they know seems incapable of drinking without pissing and shitting themselves!

Also have you seen the thread about worst behaved adult at Christmas. Soon descended into a misery contest about all kinds of abuse.
That was awful- a misery fest of who had been the worst abused. Any thread that could be light hearted gets mobbed like that.

Same as the can you tell if someone is wealthy thread, potential to be funny but no, the po faced crew turn up and spread their glumness around.

Plus the posters who profess not ever to notice class or care but be sure to always rush to post on class/wealth topics and shoehorn in that their offspring are at a ‘prestigious’ prep school. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10

OMG. I thought it was going to be funny but it wasn’t. And if half of the misery posts went exactly as described, I’ve lived a really sheltered life because I had no idea there were quite so many adults abusing their kids, smashing their toys, taking to their beds, getting drunk and storming out etc etc.

And then all the holier than thou posts about the evils of alcohol and they’re so glad they’re teetotal!

Reactions: 4
I swear there were multitudes of Mumsnetters at my children's junior school. You know the ones I mean. Skinny to the point of scrawny. Vast thigh gap. Long straight hair that looks brittle because they've haven't eaten dairy since 1997. Survive on a daily single dose of black coffee and dust. Deeply, deeply uptight and unhappy.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Omg hate the misery hijacker’s.

someone will start a thread and literally say in their first post- LIGHTHEARTED and a few have lighthearted stories and then 4th/5th comes misery guts

Eg: so whats the worst thing that has happened to you when you’ve gone to the coffee shop

Misery guts poster: well My mum punched my dog and then pissed in my coffee and Then shot me and that’s not the worst thing that she has done

🙄 bore off

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Omg hate the misery hijacker’s.

someone will start a thread and literally say in their first post- LIGHTHEARTED and a few have lighthearted stories and then 4th/5th comes misery guts

Eg: so whats the worst thing that has happened to you when you’ve gone to the coffee shop

Misery guts poster: well My mum punched my dog and then pissed in my coffee and Then shot me and that’s not the worst thing that she has done

🙄 bore off
Consider yourself lucky to have a mum at all, I'd give anything to have mine punch my dog again

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I knew Mumsnet was going to the dogs when people started putting 'lighthearted' in the title. I mean WTAF?

Reactions: 9
I lived in London for a while and I think I was also surrounded by mumsnetters. So skinny with a uniform of a blue and white stripe joules top and skinny jeans with converse. Huge CD or Chanel sunglasses. None of those fugly boots like earlier in the thread though 😂 they must save those for the night out! Would chaste everything but do it themselves on the sly. Like must walk the school run to save the environment when they actually drove and just parked on a side street to make it look as though they walked. Or never fast food but would get overly embarrassed when you’d see them in MacDonalds for the second time that week and they can’t use the “after dance class treat” excuse again. Well hello I’m here because I can’t be fucked to cook 👋
so hypocritical it’s amusing! Miss them! Australian mums just don’t seem to have that class ranking so schoolruns here are boring compared to England! Makes me want to move back tbh!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The thread on the MIL and social media photo is ridiculous, they are a bunch of banshee’s as soon as MIL is mentioned.

also now all of a sudden everyone either works in cyber security or their neighbours giraffe works in cyber security so they ‘get it’ 🙄

The thread on the MIL and social media photo is ridiculous, they are a bunch of banshee’s as soon as MIL is mentioned.

also now all of a sudden everyone either works in cyber security or their neighbours giraffe works in cyber security so they ‘get it’ 🙄
That thread is a great example of how the posters in aibu egg each other on

Reactions: 5
So funny as the one person I know who works in cyber security for the Australian government is the one person I know who has had his bank account hacked three times just in 2021. And has multiple daily pictures of his children posted online almost daily! So probably not the greatest example 😆

• Wow
Reactions: 3
One of DH's friends from school has worked at GCHQ for the last 25 years. He happily uses loads of SM. He's always said that if someone with the expertise wants to hack you then there's really sweet FA you can do about it.

Reactions: 4
One of DH's friends from school has worked at GCHQ for the last 25 years. He happily uses loads of SM. He's always said that if someone with the expertise wants to hack you then there's really sweet FA you can do about it.
Agree. My DSis and DBIL ( see what I did there 😂) both work in cyber security.

Reactions: 1
That thread is a great example of how the posters in aibu egg each other on
I agree. I don't know if they're still going but there used to be quite a few Mumsnet secret splinter groups on FB. You could always tell when someone had hit the Bat(tit) Sign and within minutes they'd descend on a thread to give some poor soul a good kicking.

• Wow
  • Haha
I want to post on there about how I'm skint for Christmas but then I'll get the classic response "at least your not homeless" etc etc.😅😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I want to post on there about how I'm skint for Christmas but then I'll get the classic response "at least your not homeless" etc etc.😅😅
Also

Take in some ironing
Sell stuff on Facebook
Are you single any family and friends
Any necter points

• Haha
What’s with them all pretending they can’t read? Someone will write a perfectly coherent post/thread and you’ll get the dickheads come out.

Op: my dog died.
head: sorry, I don’t understand. What does that mean?
Op: my dog is dead.
head: ...
Op: my dog passed away.
head: oh I see, your dog died. You should really be clearer next time so that people can help you.

So annoying! And totally done on purpose.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What’s with them all pretending they can’t read? Someone will write a perfectly coherent post/thread and you’ll get the dickheads come out.

head: oh I see, your dog died. You should really be clearer next time so that people can help you.

I love when people use a phrase that other posters might not use but know perfectly well what it means but they pretend they don't and make themselves look thick.

Eg AIBU to let 9 year old drink coke at a sleepover - but rather than coke they say pop/fizzy juice and get loads of posts asking what pop is.

The same happens with things like roll/barm/bun/cob.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

If someone made that OP, I'm sure some clever dick would post 'I heard Ken Dodd's Dad's Dog's dead.'

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.