Mumsnet #18 Only a calamity away from being an armadillo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That nude leggings thread has taken the typical turn of mumsnetters all commenting on how horrific it is to see fat women wearing cycling shorts and things like that

I keep seeing very overweight women wearing chub rub shorts longer than their --- dresses! Awful.

Horrific sight during the week. Won’t say where just in case but young-ish very overweight woman carrying a baby and wearing nude, almost see through tight top and shorts. It was utterly awful. She had a bf with her. How’s he let her go out like that??

Leggings were launched for a laugh. Only the terminally dim have failed to get the joke and wear them in public.

I think they were created to make larger people feel better as a usual size 20 can shoehorn themselves into a 12 and feel better about themselves because they're in a smaller size. Testing the elasticity of fabrics to the point they're transparent isn't cute

And these posters wonder why people think mumsetters are a load of cunts.
Thread shortly to appear … my DBF sighed when I put on my new summer outfit (I’m a new mum and a bit conscious I still haven’t lost all the baby weight) and said I shouldn’t go out looking like that.

with the standard replies to follow of … he sounds very controlling to Me, no man should tell you what to wear. If you feel good thats the main thing.
🦆🦆🦆🦆

Reactions: 12
I’ve recently bought a new pair of leggings which I wear at home mostly but I have also worn them under a dress at work. Luckily my colleagues aren’t bitchy arseholes and I was told I looked lovely.

I’m so glad I don’t know any of these witches/hags 🧙‍♀️ in real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
There seems to be a lot of reminiscing going on on Mumsnet at the moment. Threads saying how marvellous it was back then and old names taking a break from being massive dicks on Twitter/ shagging about etc to come back and wave at their fans.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There seems to be a lot of reminiscing going on on Mumsnet at the moment. Threads saying how marvellous it was back then and old names taking a break from being massive dicks on Twitter/ shagging about etc to come back and wave at their fans.
The good old days, when it was supposedly verry cliquey, and posters were ignored unless they were Mumsnet Names? It's all a bit pathetic, really. Those reminiscing have no idea whether the posters they worshipped were real people, sock puppets or the figments of someone's imagination. I found Mumsnet when I was researching Munchausen's by Internet and discovered how overrun with factitious illness disorder Mumsnet is.

Reactions: 11
Everyone knows that about pressure from about primary school science, why do they have to shoehorn in a brag "my DP is a pilot"

Screenshot 2023-06-25 4.48.09 PM.png

• Haha
This is the worst comment on the Nude Leggings thread, in my opinion:

The problem is that when these women stand in front of a mirror they think they look good because they are not moving and the light in their bedroom is flattering.

In reality when walking along in broad daylight and in motion every part of them jiggles and if they are even the tiniest bit overweight or not toned, every dimple and saggy bit is emphasised.

Camel toe is enlarged by the tight fit and breasts are squashed.

The material is cheap and the flesh colours are horribly unflattering.

Usually accompanied by massive eyebrows, over the top false eyelashes, over drawn or filled lips, orange foundation or bad fake tan, coffin shaped false nails, Turkey teeth and carrying a fake designer brand handbag and print Baku wouldn't be able to name who is the current Prime Minister, work out a percentage and think Love Island is the be all in life.
What is it that they think “these women” should wear instead I wonder? Strappy dresses so they can be mocked for their bingo wings? Shorts so they can be mocked for cellulite or jiggly thighs?

If it was a thread with someone complaining they feel judged they’d be quick to tell them not to be so self important and why would anyone give a tit about them *snigger snigger* they must be a narcissist. 🙄

This is what gets me about mumsnetters, they’d say tattlers are the absolute lowest of the low and they say things like this and think it’s okay. The step-child comments are horrendous.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.