Mumsnet #18 Only a calamity away from being an armadillo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You have to remember that lots of people don't want to eat salad, vegetable based meals, avocados, lean protein, 'treat themselves' with a couple of squares of dark chocolate and they don't want to spend ages planning meals and cooking from scratch all the time.

Finally someone on a weight loss thread speaks some sense

• Heart
Reactions: 27
View attachment 2262352

Common sense prevailing for once on AIBU.

Context: it's the thread about whether a MN should cancel her daughter's birthday sleepover because the neighbour's husband has sadly passed away.

The BIB is a ridiculous suggestion though.
Yes you can just imagine a bunch of young girls would love nothing more than going through old photo albums and hearing funny stories of the dead neighbour on their sleepover 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
So I’m pretty new to this thread but have often lurked, I just went and read the I would step on/over my stepkids thread and all I can say is WOW. Some people are bleeping vile

• Sad
Reactions: 9
So I’m pretty new to this thread but have often lurked, I just went and read the I would step on/over my stepkids thread and all I can say is WOW. Some people are bleeping vile
What's the thread title? I want to read it. Is it in the step=parenting section?

it's in aibu, called aibu to think there is rarely anything good about being a step parent. It makes for some horrible reading
That oodlesofpotnoodles character is an absolute bleep. Talking about using her stepson as a human shield to protect her own children, saying in her list of priorities, he is firmly at the bottom. :eek:

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
This dress they are raving on…i mean i do like but I know i would look like a cult member in it 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This dress they are raving on…i mean i do like but I know i would look like a cult member in it 🤷‍♀️
Do they advocate wearing it with white trainers and a short denim jacket though?

I agree with you, it has a sister wife vibe.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There is another vile step parent thread where a poor pampered princess who is struggling with life yet shacked up with a man with kids and had her own with him now needs space from them when they come round and just wants to watch a film in bed or have a day out with HER KIDS

• Wow
Reactions: 6
There is another vile step parent thread where a poor pampered princess who is struggling with life yet shacked up with a man with kids and had her own with him now needs space from them when they come round and just wants to watch a film in bed or have a day out with HER KIDS
Oh I read that, the step kids are both pretty young too so sad. I don't know how these men stay with them.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I can't believe that they would hate their stepkids so much and I'm just appalled at it as I've never seen anything like it before. I'm not a parent in any form but I know that I would never use a stepchild as a human shield in favour of biological children . A step child is my child and part of the family as far as I'm concerned and I'd be using myself as the shield to save.

The fact that they can write something like that makes me wonder how totally vile they are in person and makes me wonder if they are mistreating the step child.

Reactions: 12
I can't believe that they would hate their stepkids so much and I'm just appalled at it as I've never seen anything like it before. I'm not a parent in any form but I know that I would never use a stepchild as a human shield in favour of biological children . A step child is my child and part of the family as far as I'm concerned and I'd be using myself as the shield to save.

The fact that they can write something like that makes me wonder how totally vile they are in person and makes me wonder if they are mistreating the step child.
The fact they are such narcissistic old trouts they see their step kids as competition

Reactions: 9
Oh God the elderflower pressé thread. The OP says ‘elderflower pressé’ an unnecessary number of times and I cannot help but read it with a Catherine Tate middle-class mum ‘gooseberry and cinnamon yogurt’ voice in my head.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

They talk like that about their own kids on different threads. And the kids of family and friends. It just depends on the topic as to which kids they hate in that moment!

Reactions: 4
The ages of the kids involved in a lot of these threads are shocking. Kids barely started primary school already with step-parents and half siblings on both sides and the adults wonder why they are acting up. Of course being Mumsnet kids they are merely part of perfectly meshed blended families it’s not like when those council estate types do it 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 15
It's no wonder that they don't get on with their mum in law if that's how they treat that mum in law's grandkids, whether it's the stepkids or their own.
I've concluded that they're all a load of unhinged loons who see everyone, regardless of their family position, as a threat who must be eliminated, and their other halves are complete saps.

Reactions: 7
Oh I read that, the step kids are both pretty young too so sad. I don't know how these men stay with them.

Usually because she was the first woman he saw that he could outsource the boring parenting bit to - naturally, they all go for 50:50 residence, as it saves having to pay maintenance, but they don't actually want to be potentially inconveniencing themselves or their careers and hobbies by actually picking the children up from school, buying uniform, cooking tea and making sure that they've done their spellings or brushed their teeth; that's Women's Work.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.