Mumsnet #17 We've lost sight of anything normal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She irked the tit out of me too!

‘Oh, yeah, I got neither of the two things I was asked to get, received no thanks for buying the wrong stuff, but everything’s groovy cos I just totes go with the flow and always do my own thang anyway’.

My MIL is a complete flake and goes on like that poster - always does something different to what was planned, then makes out we’re uptight weirdos who are completely unimaginative we have to stick to social ‘roolz’, and if we were more artistic like her we could totally make use of the jar of curry sauce and packet of dried macaroni she brought to our bbq in lieu of the sausages and buns she said she’d bring.

I may be projecting somewhat … 😳
🤣
And obviously it’s not the OP’s fault for being a twit, it’s the husband’s fault for wanting stuff, not writing a list and being an ungrateful bastard for not appreciating that she tried.
Honestly, imagine if it had been the other way around. He has no respect for his wife because he couldn’t be bothered to remember what she wanted. Why should she have to write a list. He did it on purpose so that she’d never ask him to go to the shop again. He’s shagging the shop assistant and was distracted by her boobs.
Ducks in a row and LTB. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I liken them to the humourless anti carb crowd who conflate all weight gain with wheat and won't hear of it that some people can be slim and enjoy healthy carbohydrates.
A 77g serving of wholewheat linguine is not a jammy donut with pringles, karen.
Plus it'd probably shock them to realise that you can eat a jammy donut with pringles and not balloon the minute it passes your lips or even at all. It's like they've never heard of moderation or that a little bit of what you fancy is good for you. Such joyless joyless people.

Reactions: 5
So, this is a steaming pile of shite that absolutely did not happen 🙄

A school full of criminal offspring next door to an outstanding school of elite kids, a woman who has simultaneously just moved to the area and knows nothing and no one, yet also is ‘highly regarded and had good connections to attract funding and other things to the school as she had set up a successful business during COVID. She is quite high profile in the city.’

Worra loada crap 💩

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I wish that ‘only a calamity away from being an armadillo‘ could be the next title. I properly lolled.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I really hope I don’t offend any Atitlans but what sort of name is that?? I just see it as a tit lan.

Reactions: 2
I wish that ‘only a calamity away from being an armadillo‘ could be the next title. I properly lolled.
I think it might just have got enough likes to do so, although I think they're across a number of posts, rather than just one, so hopefully this is taken into account

🤞🏻

Reactions: 3
I've started the last couple of threads, and tbh I just go by the 'most liked' post in the whole thread, which isnt necessarily a thread title so I just paraphrase it. Feel free to to start the next one!

Reactions: 2
Lol i just read today's posts and thought 'ND' meant natasha dancing.
Now I will see myself out... :D

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.