Mumsnet #17 We've lost sight of anything normal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d NEVER ask for medical advice on there! There’s always some eejit says ‘I don’t want to alarm you OP, but I know someone who had the exact same symptoms and it was cancer, they died 6 weeks later’ They're such a bunch of drama llamas. I’ve never known such a bunch as know alls as the posters on there!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’ve hidden a thread already this morning as it’s full of people ranting on about the over diagnosis of ADHD and ASD. As someone who lives in a very neurodiverse family - which is frequently totally tit - I realise that it must seem like bad behaviour is being excused when posters like me suggest it might be a factor (and I’ll assume that many Tattlers think the same!) but trying to bring up a kid with undiagnosed issues if you have no ideas they might exist is something I’d like to save other parents from if I can.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve hidden a thread already this morning as it’s full of people ranting on about the over diagnosis of ADHD and ASD. As someone who lives in a very neurodiverse family - which is frequently totally tit - I realise that it must seem like bad behaviour is being excused when posters like me suggest it might be a factor (and I’ll assume that many Tattlers think the same!) but trying to bring up a kid with undiagnosed issues if you have no ideas they might exist is something I’d like to save other parents from if I can.
I think that’s natural and the right thing to do. Some MNers are just being nasty though, and in no way trying to help.

Reactions: 6
I've wondered this also but ruled it out because the writing style/presentation isn't the same. Always happy to be proved wrong though!
---
Not to sound like a sad monk doomed to chronicle the ins and outs of the MN S&B board, but they're definitely not the same person. CapaciousHag has a very identifiable writing style, you can pick her out easily under whichever of her 1000 usernames she's using. Usually boasting about how perfect she is in every way (other than areas where you can status signal for MN points, such as not having gel nails), but she sticks the odd grinning emoji and head tilty italics in there so comes across as slightly less unhinged than ProstituteHair and less humourless than NatashaDancing. The three of them have perfected the art of sneering at someone and then getting affronted when someone pulls them up on the sneering.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Has anyone seen the thread about the brother in law staying over and slamming a door? Something so off about the tone and the way the OP posts but I can’t put my finger on why it seems so strange!

Reactions: 1
Has anyone seen the thread about the brother in law staying over and slamming a door? Something so off about the tone and the way the OP posts but I can’t put my finger on why it seems so strange!
Agree that’s was odd as well. I get that people are obsessed with their dogs but she is extreme and then the door slamming thing, it’s like two different threads in one

Reactions: 1
“Hi guys I’ve got a big tear along my cl*t, anyone know what it is?”

Why tf would you ask that on mumsnet rather than seeking actual medical help?!
🤣🤣🤣 she’s answered her own question, it’s a tear across her clit

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I could make (non violent) mincemeat of Natasha Dancing given the chance. Not to mention Bluntness. No idea why more people don't just set verbal tripwires for them tbh.

I’d NEVER ask for medical advice on there! There’s always some eejit says ‘I don’t want to alarm you OP, but I know someone who had the exact same symptoms and it was cancer, they died 6 weeks later’ They're such a bunch of drama llamas. I’ve never known such a bunch as know alls as the posters on there!

Yep, IBS is always cancer on MN, no matter the actual diagnosis.
They are like ghouls, who eagerly await unexplained lumps&bumps/bloating/skin itch/twitch/fatigue posts so that they can pounce with a terminal prognosis. I read one in the weight loss section this week where someone was fed up of family members telling them they were overweight. In rushed the harpies of doom to tell her she was most likely going to die as one of them even had a sister who magically dropped dead as she turned size 20.

I liken them to the humourless anti carb crowd who conflate all weight gain with wheat and won't hear of it that some people can be slim and enjoy healthy carbohydrates.
A 77g serving of wholewheat linguine is not a jammy donut with pringles, karen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
One recent post (that went on for 1,000,000 pages) where the OP had a load of unrelated symptoms was very bluntly told ‘pancreatic cancer.’ and that was that….🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I have a very ND family too, and it triggers me SO MUCH when MN reminds me how bleeping ignorant, hateful and prejudiced the general population are.

Speaking of which, whenever someone posts saying they’re struggling with their child (ND or possibly ND) some head turns up saying they just need to stop giving their kid ready meals or processed food 😩🤦‍♀️

Like this sanctimonious (joyless, orthorexic) knobhead:

60BA1228-D860-435E-885E-958D866C6DF5.jpeg

Imagine being so scared of processed food you lie to your children and tell them that all processed foods “aren’t vegetarian” and even make your own vegetarian sausages? Live a little, holy tit.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Not to sound like a sad monk doomed to chronicle the ins and outs of the MN S&B board, but they're definitely not the same person. CapaciousHag has a very identifiable writing style, you can pick her out easily under whichever of her 1000 usernames she's using. Usually boasting about how perfect she is in every way (other than areas where you can status signal for MN points, such as not having gel nails), but she sticks the odd grinning emoji and head tilty italics in there so comes across as slightly less unhinged than ProstituteHair and less humourless than NatashaDancing. The three of them have perfected the art of sneering at someone and then getting affronted when someone pulls them up on the sneering.
It pains me to say this but NatashaDancing but she's posted a few things recently that I have agreed with. She was also quite funny in one post.

Shall see myself out.

➡

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
How is she making fresh bread with enough sugar in it to make a difference, when I make bread … which I do occasionally, mainly for the therapeutic bashing it to kingdom come as stress relief kneading … even with fresh yeast, it’s none or barely any, dried yeast none at all. If she’s making soda bread, does she mean no yeast?

Reactions: 4
I have a very ND family too, and it triggers me SO MUCH when MN reminds me how bleeping ignorant, hateful and prejudiced the general population are.

Speaking of which, whenever someone posts saying they’re struggling with their child (ND or possibly ND) some head turns up saying they just need to stop giving their kid ready meals or processed food 😩🤦‍♀️

View attachment 2216655

Imagine being so scared of processed food you lie to your children and tell them that all processed foods “aren’t vegetarian” and even make your own vegetarian sausages? Live a little, holy tit.
I am not vegetarian so I don’t know much about it but I can’t understand why you would put energy and effort into making meat-free sausages if you were vegetarian and always had been. There are many places in the world where vegetarianism is the cultural norm and they don’t make or eat food that looks like meat. They don’t miss it because they’ve never had it. I always thought vegetarian sausages, burgers, etc were the sort of thing busy parents would buy if one of their children had decided to become vegetarian so that didn’t have to cook a whole separate meal for the one child and could just substitute the meat part with the vegetarian sausages and keep the other elements the same for time and money purposes. I can’t imagine children who’ve never eaten meat (as the MNer with her 17th century hippie lifestyle implies) wanting to eat vegetarian sausages so badly that it’s worth making your own. They manage without Haribos. They can manage without sausages.
---
How is she making fresh bread with enough sugar in it to make a difference, when I make bread … which I do occasionally, mainly for the therapeutic bashing it to kingdom come as stress relief kneading … even with fresh yeast, it’s none or barely any, dried yeast none at all. If she’s making soda bread, does she mean no yeast?
I make all our bread. Our family has a bakery and I’ve never eaten store-bought bread. The method I use the most often calls for 4 g of sugar. 4g in a whole loaf. Actually it’s not a loaf it’s a large boule if we are going to be exact, but it’s only 4g sugar for the whole thing. It’s something like a quarter gram of sugar per slice. No wonder we have an obesity crisis!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

View attachment 2216655

Her kids will be mainlining KFC as soon as they have their own money.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Anyone been reading the yoghurt and blueberries thread? It’s at 11 pages now. Over nothing.

Edited to add…OP had now suggested divorce. Over a yoghurt and some blueberries. WTAF?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is that the one with the OP who was asked to buy two things from the shop and got neither? I would be so irritated by that. I might divorce her myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is that the one with the OP who was asked to buy two things from the shop and got neither? I would be so irritated by that. I might divorce her myself.
She irked the tit out of me too!

‘Oh, yeah, I got neither of the two things I was asked to get, received no thanks for buying the wrong stuff, but everything’s groovy cos I just totes go with the flow and always do my own thang anyway’.

My MIL is a complete flake and goes on like that poster - always does something different to what was planned, then makes out we’re uptight weirdos who are completely unimaginative we have to stick to social ‘roolz’, and if we were more artistic like her we could totally make use of the jar of curry sauce and packet of dried macaroni she brought to our bbq in lieu of the sausages and buns she said she’d bring.

I may be projecting somewhat … 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.