Mumsnet #17 We've lost sight of anything normal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a crisp packet in my front garden the other day. Clearly a burglar was munching on ready salted as he tested my windows. It didn’t blow from anywhere oh no…
I once found a pack of sausages in my garden one morning

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My mother in law once had someone nick a bottle of milk off her step, drink it and return the bottle to her wall.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I once found a pack of sausages in my garden one morning
were they frozen and had you upset anyone from pistonheads forum? 😂

(if you’re not a user, hammering frozen sausages into neighbours lawns is the stock answer when they piss you off)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Someone got crappy on there with me earlier - I just raised an eyebrow and stepped away. I don't want to get into ding dongs!

Reactions: 2
I’m a speedy hider of threads when people turn on me. I’m a very reasonable person so anyone arguing with me is just picking a fight and I’m not up for that crap.

Reactions: 10
Someone got crappy on there with me earlier - I just raised an eyebrow and stepped away. I don't want to get into ding dongs!
And me. I was being very reasonable and balanced and someone honed in to start a fight. Naturally I bit but it only went a couple of posts deep when I realised I really could not be arsed one bit.

@dunhill please do some more sleuthing; I’m totally invested in both these posters because they sound like caricatures from a 90s comedy sketch show like Smack the Pony etc

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Clairindespair got busted pretty quickly, but not before she'd fleeced mumsnetters of a good few quid. People were sending her cash and baby items, which I expect she sold on as soon as they arrived.
Ugh. The username alone should have set alarm bells ringing that it was all finely crafted fiction. Complete bullshit. One minute she was estranged from her mother (please send cash!), the next minute they’d reconciled.

She was dropping heavy hints that she was going to kill her fictional baby, it was awful.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I thought it worth mentioning how many excellent, supportive women are on MN, they are not in the mainstream sections such as AIBU or S&B or chat, they're helping people with SN kids, mental health issues and abuse, and theyre bleeping amazing.
It's a pity the site in general is so messed up, because it will put people off seeking advice there.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What is a survival ball?

Also why do they equate troll threads with half term? Do they think it's kids? I have a family full of teenagers and doubt they'd even know MN, they've got plenty of more interesting social media channels to mess about in.

Reactions: 4
What is a survival ball?

Also why do they equate troll threads with half term? Do they think it's kids? I have a family full of teenagers and doubt they'd even know MN, they've got plenty of more interesting social media channels to mess about in.
A survival ball is similar to clostridium difficile, if you put it into hot water it curls up in a ball to survive!

Not sure about trolls, I don't mind the majority of them and some are funny, it's only the ones who tug on people's heartstrings or are outright offensive that I dislike

What is a survival ball?

I doubt most of them are teenagers, I know at least one 50 year old who trolls there. I think it’s mostly grown women (with a few men and TRA targeting the feminist sections).

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Geez, y'all find sausages and tissues in your yards, I find used syringes and empty liquor bottles. Living between a school and a Walmart is class af

• Sad
This is proper tickling me this morning as someone in the highlands and is always 🙄 when people want to move to Scotland because they watched all series (even the bad one) of Hamish Macbeth. Naw hen, you won’t see the same people just out walking, you’ll see them at the doctor when you’ve gone for your smear, when you’re trying on clothes 50 miles away and are in grey pants in the changing room and even when you’re in disguise and have driven 6 hours for anonymity - there they’ll be.

FE8AEBED-0AA6-4593-B83D-DAC4E0A23831.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m a speedy hider of threads when people turn on me. I’m a very reasonable person so anyone arguing with me is just picking a fight and I’m not up for that crap.
Ditto. It's been a real test to my self-control to not even return to a thread or notifications that tell me someone has quoted me, once I've posted anything vaguely controversial or provocative. In some instances, ignorance is bliss.

@dunhill please do some more sleuthing; I’m totally invested in both these posters because they sound like caricatures from a 90s comedy sketch show like Smack the Pony etc
Given their interest in fashion and clothing budgets, they're the kind of women I should be friends/acquainted with, but they're a reflection of everything that I loathe about the fashion crowd/a certain kind of woman. So yes, mission very much accepted!

Reactions: 6
“Hi guys I’ve got a big tear along my cl*t, anyone know what it is?”

Why tf would you ask that on mumsnet rather than seeking actual medical help?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
“Hi guys I’ve got a big tear along my cl*t, anyone know what it is?”

Why tf would you ask that on mumsnet rather than seeking actual medical help?!
I saw that earlier in the "Trending" panel and immediately thought of this thread. The other one was the "I've read my daughter's journal" which is 100% a middle-aged man out for some sexy tales from over-sharers unanimous aka MN.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.