Mumsnet #17 We've lost sight of anything normal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a few piss trolls on Mumsnet tonight.

One is a tale of a 3 year old in a car, who deliberately pissed all over the driver's seat, including the dashboard.

The other is a crazy person saying you shouldn't let kids get up in the night to pee.

I'll never understand the fetish. :sick: :sick: :sick:

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
A lot of weird threads tonigh.

Husband wanking in front of baby, kids not being let use the toilet in the night, general piss trolls.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Someone started a thread asking for advice about wanting to leave their marriage but feeling financially trapped. Is this a troll or has her husband found the thread 🤣
Screenshot_20230514_213423_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I howled at that thread about the 28 year old wanting a tea party and pottery painting for his birthday! That was exactly what we done for my nieces 4th birthday!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Perfect title!

Has anyone seen the ridiculousness of the thread about being vegetarian in France? Several posters claim it’s impossible to buy good meat and fresh produce in French supermarkets and one simply must go to the boulangerie, boucherie et épicière. Presumably while wearing one’s Breton top, cigarette trousers and ballet flats with a huge French market basket slung casually across one’s arm pour les legumes.

Les twateurs.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
French supermarkets are the same as UK ones in my experience. You can buy premium meat or cheap stuff. Probably more choice of the better stuff at a butcher but there’s choice if you’re in a big one.

Loads of good fruit and veg in the supermarkets. Cakes are definitely better in a bakery though.

Reactions: 9
I hated the thread about a 14yo looking at violent “corn”. Hope to god it’s fake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Place marking.

Oops. This isn't Mumsnet.

*starts shaking uncontrollably due to making such an error*

• Haha
Reactions: 33
IMG_4887.jpeg

"dropping into a survival ball".... Are they a hedgehog?!

They're all so bloody over the top dramatic. Prats

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I'm enjoying the one about the poster who's got her knickers in a twist because the farmer, whose land her garden backs onto, has the temerity to shoot vermin (quite legally...) on his own land.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I would never do it in a million years but if you’re going to ask guests to chip in for food, you do it ahead of the dinner party.

Reactions: 17
I'm enjoying the one about the poster who's got her knickers in a twist because the farmer, whose land her garden backs onto, has the temerity to shoot vermin (quite legally...) on his own land.
I bet she lives in my village. Literally surrounded by farmers fields and every year without fail a newcomer comes onto the Facebook group causing chaos saying she’s seen a man with a gun walking around the village and called the police. Loads of people start panicking until someone sensible comes and asks if he was actually in the fields. “Yes”. Cue multiple people explaining they’re fully licensed and just shooting pigeons to protect the crops, there’s no issue. “Oh my god that’s disgusting/ poor innocent birds/ I’ve reported them to the rspca” 🙄 if you want the benefits of living around open fields you have to appreciate that farmers have their ways- I love ours they’re brilliant. I do have to laugh when someone less diplomatic inevitably comes along and says “just duck back off into the city you townie twit😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
literally just come here to laugh about this 😂 wtaf!! Imagine being so desperate to be seen as middle class that you question what to eat for breakfast…ridiculous
Imagine being so insecure (fake insecure, it's just a brag thread isn't it?) that you think other people eating their breakfast in a café give two fucks what anyone else is munching down on.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Mumsnet is the only place I know where people talk about what class they are. No one I know refers to themselves as working/middle/upper class, we’re either skint or minted. I’m the latter, obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.