Mumsnet #15 The looks seems to be 'Clinical Depression at Boarding School'.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the diet stuff is definitely bullshit. The eating advice sounds like how people thing you need to eat to be skinny.

I am thin, have been my whole life apart from when I put weight on after my kids which I've lost now. And I eat bread. Ok not very often, but I have carbs with my dinner every night. The longest fast is 24 hours and that's because I've forgotten to eat. I do drink Bovril though. And I never eat salad, pointless food, there's much more satisfying food you can eat that won't make you fat.

All that week long fasting tit was total bullshit. Either aanorexic looking for and getting affirmation or a fantasist that thinks that's what life's like if you're in control of your appetite.
Yeah I'm thin too. I don't like criticism of weight, big or small.

The only 'diet' I pay attention to is if I'm getting enough fruit and vegetables/not overdoing it on alcohol/getting enough water

Reactions: 6
That’s great for you *head tilt*. I have more piercings in my right ear and I find it makes me ride in circles so I’m with the school
I have more in my left so we could make a display team! ... but then I also got a set done when I was 7ish, live up north and have a couple of small tattoos so there's no hope for me tbf 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I used to be what my mother described as ' like a twiglet with tits......then the middle aged spread found me. Unfortunately it decided that it was having so much fun pissing me off that it didn't know when to stop!
So now I've gone from a twiglet with tits to a Michelin woman, with tyres to spare!
I contemplate dieting when I'm eating a cream cake. You can tell I contemplate dieting a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I used to be what my mother described as ' like a twiglet with tits......then the middle aged spread found me. Unfortunately it decided that it was having so much fun pissing me off that it didn't know when to stop!
So now I've gone from a twiglet with tits to a Michelin woman, with tyres to spare!
I contemplate dieting when I'm eating a cream cake. You can tell I contemplate dieting a lot.
Twiglet with tits, brilliant :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
All the diet stuff is definitely bullshit. The eating advice sounds like how people thing you need to eat to be skinny.

I am thin, have been my whole life apart from when I put weight on after my kids which I've lost now. And I eat bread. Ok not very often, but I have carbs with my dinner every night. The longest fast is 24 hours and that's because I've forgotten to eat. I do drink Bovril though. And I never eat salad, pointless food, there's much more satisfying food you can eat that won't make you fat.

All that week long fasting tit was total bullshit. Either aanorexic looking for and getting affirmation or a fantasist that thinks that's what life's like if you're in control of your appetite.
I am thin too, but it’s quite hard work. I stick at it because I have literally no shape so any weight gain and I become a sort of lumpy potato. I track calories and exercise, but I don’t starve myself and I don’t fast. I also don’t think being thin makes me any more attractive than anyone else. However, thin me is more attractive than lumpy potato me 😂 Fasting seems like pseudo science bullshit to me. I can see the benefit to giving your digestive system a bit of a rest though - like if I eat a massive kebab on a Saturday, I’ll skip breakfast the following day because I’m still full 😂 mmmmmmmm kebabs

Reactions: 7
To think 11 stone isn't that heavy unless you're really short. It's in aibu, was started last month I think but someone resurrected it yesterday
11stone isn’t overweight for a tall woman. They are obsessed with having their weight in single figures. It’s so damaging. Grown women with children, inflicting their disordered eating on another generation.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
11stone isn’t overweight for a tall woman. They are obsessed with having their weight in single figures. It’s so damaging. Grown women with children, inflicting their disordered eating on another generation.
11 stone is my goal weight. I'm tall so it's a healthy BMI for me. I was 20 stone, I've lost over 5st now and still going. To them I'm probably a size 16 enormous fatty but I've worked really hard, without starving or avoiding carbs, and I feel so much better. I'm bloody proud of myself 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Back when I was 11 stone I used to think I was SO FAT I was mentally beating myself up about it all the time. Now I'm actually fat and I look back and think duck me I actually looked amazing:ROFLMAO: I would love to look like that now, I wish I'd just enjoyed it more!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That's so true. I'm 5'8" so not even that tall and 11 stone would put my BMI at 23 🤷‍♀️ and a size 10-12 in most shops.

Reactions: 4
11 stone is my goal weight. I'm tall so it's a healthy BMI for me. I was 20 stone, I've lost over 5st now and still going. To them I'm probably a size 16 enormous fatty but I've worked really hard, without starving or avoiding carbs, and I feel so much better. I'm bloody proud of myself 😊
Well done, that’s a fantastic achievement.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just opened that anti-Chanel thread, thought the writing style was really bleeping weird and then realised of course it was ProstituteHair

• Haha
Just opened that anti-Chanel thread, thought the writing style was really bleeping weird and then realised of course it was ProstituteHair
God she’s smug, isn’t she. Sorry not all of us had mothers who could afford YSL in the 70s and haven’t bequeathed us a legacy big enough to necessitate taking out wardrobe insurance 🙄 Pity she didn’t also bequeath her some tact.

On a thread about a Y5 kid not being allowed to do a Bikeability course
I’m pretty sure this poster is the fragrant Cod in another guise. She may have been funny at one point (maybe when there were only four posters on the entire site) but now you can pick her out despite the name changes because she posts like a toddler trying to get its mum’s attention (until she name changes back for the ‘OOO REMEMBERS THE OLD DAYS’ threads).

Reactions: 2
God she’s smug, isn’t she. Sorry not all of us had mothers who could afford YSL in the 70s and haven’t bequeathed us a legacy big enough to necessitate taking out wardrobe insurance 🙄 Pity she didn’t also bequeath her some tact.
Or better hair.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.