Mumsnet #15 The looks seems to be 'Clinical Depression at Boarding School'.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My minor boast is that I was told by more than one guest at my wedding that it was the best they’d been to for years because we invited kids but provided entertainment for them in a separate room. So they didn’t have to worry about childcare or having the kids to think about. That was accidental though - I hadn’t realised it would hit the spot like that.
I once attended a wedding with the same set up. It was brilliant. The kids loved it as did the adults.
I didn't have mine with me because they were adults by then, but I remember thinking what a great idea.

Reactions: 5
I got married last year, my 5 year old the only child in attendance at the ceremony. When the guy asked “if anyone knows a reason these two shouldn’t be married,” my little one put his hand up to ask a question. I’ve never been so embarrassed
My son did this at my cousin's wedding (his godmother) ... "does anyone here know of any lawful cause why these two people should not be married?"
My son answering innocently: "No?!"
Vicar: "I'll have to ask that again"
🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
My son did this at my cousin's wedding (his godmother) ... "does anyone here know of any lawful cause why these two people should not be married?"
My son answering innocently: "No?!"
Vicar: "I'll have to ask that again"
🤦🏼‍♀️
My son went “how did they paint the ceiling?” 🤦‍♀️ and I said “not now darling!” At the same time as the officiating man said “carefully!”

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Well you can imagine how well the ‘11stone isn’t that heavy’ thread is going. Mostly all frothing at the mouth at how bloody huge and obese it is! They would be huge and disgusting. Not that body types, height, hormones, age, genetics and carrying weight/muscle all differently

Funny how when they share photos of themselves on other threads they don’t all look 7st wet through though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
On a thread about a Y5 kid not being allowed to do a Bikeability course
That's a bit rude. I had mine pierced as an infant because that's customary in my culture. I have no longstanding trauma (about that, other things are fair game), and I was a very well behaved child. Well behaved adult, not so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That's a bit rude. I had mine pierced as an infant because that's customary in my culture. I have no longstanding trauma (about that, other things are fair game), and I was a very well behaved child. Well behaved adult, not so much.

They aspire to be rude. 90% of them are just total fantasists/ loons. I’d pay no attention because if you held yourself to their bizarre are standards you’d never eat a slice of bread/ open the front door/ wear crumpled up purple stripped fleeces etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Had mine done at 8. And I was privately educated from 11+ (on a scholarship so probably doesn’t count to them)

I must be as common as clarts and as rough as a badgers arse then because I had mine pierced when I was ten, went to a local comp school and........gasp, was dragged up in a council house.
Now awaiting a load of Boden clad MN moon howlers to turn up at mine brandishing pitchforks and burning torches.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
They aspire to be rude. 90% of them are just total fantasists/ loons. I’d pay no attention because if you held yourself to their bizarre are standards you’d never eat a slice of bread/ open the front door/ wear crumpled up purple stripped fleeces etc.
Well, I avoid answering the door but luckily it is rarely knocked upon, but like duck am I giving up carbs and living off of air and sanctimony like those twats LOL

• Haha
Well you can imagine how well the ‘11stone isn’t that heavy’ thread is going. Mostly all frothing at the mouth at how bloody huge and obese it is! They would be huge and disgusting. Not that body types, height, hormones, age, genetics and carrying weight/muscle all differently

Funny how when they share photos of themselves on other threads they don’t all look 7st wet through though.
Which thread is that?

:D :D :D
Those swimming costumes are brilliant!!! I am going to get one of each.
At least they take care of the pubic hair topiary worries, am going to order for my holidays as will save me the cost of the hair removal and the weeks of itchy spotty madness in the lady garden area when it grew back. I'm rocking a ZZTop vibe and I'm sticking with it

• Haha
The school say her child cannot do it with pierced ears even though Bikeability says it’s fine
Hahaha that's ridiculous! Surely the school must have a vendetta against the individual child.

I've got pierced ears (several) and I rode my bike on the school run with my kid yesterday just fine, didn't fall off once.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hahaha that's ridiculous! Surely the school must have a vendetta against the individual child.

I've got pierced ears (several) and I rode my bike on the school run with my kid yesterday just fine, didn't fall off once.
That’s great for you *head tilt*. I have more piercings in my right ear and I find it makes me ride in circles so I’m with the school

• Haha
Reactions: 22
All the diet stuff is definitely bullshit. The eating advice sounds like how people thing you need to eat to be skinny.

I am thin, have been my whole life apart from when I put weight on after my kids which I've lost now. And I eat bread. Ok not very often, but I have carbs with my dinner every night. The longest fast is 24 hours and that's because I've forgotten to eat. I do drink Bovril though. And I never eat salad, pointless food, there's much more satisfying food you can eat that won't make you fat.

All that week long fasting tit was total bullshit. Either aanorexic looking for and getting affirmation or a fantasist that thinks that's what life's like if you're in control of your appetite.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.