MrsMakeUp #2 is it a He or a She? Swipe up and you’ll see!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had her for my sisters wedding in Cork in 2019.

trial for bride was €150

bride, 3 bridesmaids and then mother of the bride it was €1000 for the 5 of us. Plus we had to pay for her fuel she charged 50c a KM at the time. The make up was lovely, but it still wore off the same way make up does if you do it yourself!
What the duck, so 1150 PLUS fuel? That's actually extortionate

• Wow
Reactions: 10

trial for bride was €150

bride, 3 bridesmaids and then mother of the bride it was €1000 for the 5 of us. Plus we had to pay for her fuel she charged 50c a KM at the time. The make up was lovely, but it still wore off the same way make up does if you do it yourself!
Wow !! That’s some price for make up

Reactions: 1
She has done my make up twice now for weddings I was bridesmaid at, and honestly it was absolutely gorgeous. Not as heavy as it looks on instagram - I told her that I didn't like heavy foundation. The whole bridal party was thrilled with how it turned out. She is really lovely too - chatty and gave loads of tips that I still use now.

Reactions: 4
Then some brides buy her a present!
exactly! Because she greedily shows them online on the beg for more! And for others she demands a hotel stay too. When she was doing 2-4 weddings a week before
Covid, that was €2-4K a week earnings. He built the house, so I would doubt there’s even a mortgage on it, or too much of one. Her make up would be a high cash business I imagine

Reactions: 2
exactly! Because she greedily shows them online on the beg for more! And for others she demands a hotel stay too. When she was doing 2-4 weddings a week before
Covid, that was €2-4K a week earnings. He built the house, so I would doubt there’s even a mortgage on it, or too much of one. Her make up would be a high cash business I imagine
Yea I think if it’s so many miles away she says she needs the bride to cover the cost of a hotel stay the night before etc… mad!
Also cos of her white label make up she would be making even more profit! She would be using all her products instead of the higher end stuff she would have been getting before… not great when your paying big money for it!

trial for bride was €150

I'd want Charlotte Tilbury herself for that price 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Wouldn’t judge her for limiting what she does heavily pregnant or with a newborn.

As for cost if the bride wasn’t happy to pay it they would have someone else, I actually think the majority of the brides she shows look beautiful it does sound expensive to me though but a friend that was a beautician did mine

I know a hairdresser that charged £1000 to do Day 2 hair. And she got it! Literally took the hair down from the updo and left it curly! More fool the bride that paid it!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Why would she charge the bride fuel costs?? She is self employed, so would be claiming her mileage costs through expenses? She is prob doing it on the double if that’s the case. Robbery.

Reactions: 14
Absoloute ridiculous money she charges and fuel costs surely that's her job if its too far away don't take the booking

Reactions: 6
I’d assume the brides want her and economics of supply and demand means she can name her price. The whole wedding industry is guilty of inflated prices because it’s a wedding.

Reactions: 3
What tips did she give?
She really took time with each of us and chatted about what she was doing and what products she was using. She showed how to blend eyeshadow properly - I used to always go in very heavy handed with loads of product but she showed how to hold brushes to give a lighter finish etc. She also went through what shades to use to make eyes appear brighter.
The make up was really gorgeous and lasted all day. The NARS foundation she used on me on the day is now a staple in my make up bag.

She really took time with each of us and chatted about what she was doing and what products she was using. She showed how to blend eyeshadow properly - I used to always go in very heavy handed with loads of product but she showed how to hold brushes to give a lighter finish etc. She also went through what shades to use to make eyes appear brighter.
The make up was really gorgeous and lasted all day. The NARS foundation she used on me on the day is now a staple in my make up bag.
I presume now though she uses her white label tat?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.