Mrs Meldrum #90 Most Haunted (playhouse)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys may have missed it... what happened to her Mum now selling her tropic? Did they find out at all?

Reactions: 1
That doesn’t mean it is only 2% down though. If they tried to sell now they would struggle to find a buyer in a position to fork out for a hosue that price when the market will unfortunately be flooded with people trying to get out of their own massive mortgages (such is a large percentage of Aberdeen & surrounding lets me honest) I doubt they could re mortgage on one income considering it was probably under written on two. I don’t think they will downsize but it would be a worry how to keep affording it as the recesssion kicks on. Very risky business especially with jobs that are in volatile industries and when one has flung their toys out the pram. I couldn’t sleep at night in those circumstances

Not sure how accurate zoopla and the like are on house prices as they usually take all the houses that sold i the street to create a average.
Zoopla seems massivly out on ours compared to prices on right move.

The real test be 2021 with furlough ending, redundancies and mortgage breaks thats when people will decide to try and sell if they really need to.
Issue is their house is such a unique bracket no free stamp duty its not a 1st time buyers house and its not a modern house with things families look for.
For that price tag i woukd expect it painted new bathrooms and kitchens.

I am sure if said thread long time ago they have mortgage same bank as us and both lee and rebs name down.
They moved couple months before us qe moved new years eve they moved Halloween.
We took out 5 year fixed deal when that ends unless we move providers our monthly payment goes up nearly 300.
I have freinds with same bank as us too.
They have had a few financial issues last few years and they took 2 years fixed they had to stay with and not shop around for better deal.
I expect meldrums have stay put with same bank if shes not bringing in much income.
If lee gets laid off daddy cannon i guess sub them short term.
Maybe she thinks grandad will leave a big inheritance for her.
They dont seem to be cutting back their spending at all.
I just dont buy they well off the play house was discounted and family helped fit it on the cheap.
The kitchen of dreams wont happen this year.

In another random note watched Katie Ellison house updates and her haugue blue wall is gone.
Also on insta so many people got rid of the blue.
It much more sensible do dark feature wall as then its a cheap easy update.
I really dislike her blue room.

Reactions: 4
The bathroom and the ensuite are so dated, plus they have lived there 18 months, and still dont have curtains to match the blue dungeon. Bet she actually hates the blue and wants it repainted but MIL has told her to jog on and do it herself😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The bathroom and the ensuite are so dated, plus they have lived there 18 months, and still dont have curtains to match the blue dungeon. Bet she actually hates the blue and wants it repainted but MIL has told her to jog on and do it herself😂
Because she's too bloody tight to buy new curtains. I actually think they brought this house because she thought it would all renovated for free

• Heart
Reactions: 18
the whole house is dated. you can tell it was originally designed for and decorated by an older couple.... it screams of pensioner!!!!!!

the garden is just as bad.

there nothing remotely appealing at all
About that house, it’s horrible.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Why can’t she spend her Tropic scam money on the new curtains surely it won’t cost more than a few thousands? Most people would have done sth to the house having lived there for 2 years- although if I were her the first thing I do is re-render the outside did you see the pink colours even have different shades it’s disgusting

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Because she's too bloody tight to buy new curtains. I actually think they brought this house because she thought it would all renovated for free
Totally agree with you there. They wouldn’t have thought twice as they signed the papers as it was a given they’d get the whole house tarted up for nowt.
Poor lambs didn’t have a clue that DLP would be such a duck up for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not sure how accurate zoopla and the like are on house prices as they usually take all the houses that sold i the street to create a average.
Zoopla seems massivly out on ours compared to prices on right move.

The real test be 2021 with furlough ending, redundancies and mortgage breaks thats when people will decide to try and sell if they really need to.
Issue is their house is such a unique bracket no free stamp duty its not a 1st time buyers house and its not a modern house with things families look for.
For that price tag i woukd expect it painted new bathrooms and kitchens.

I am sure if said thread long time ago they have mortgage same bank as us and both lee and rebs name down.
They moved couple months before us qe moved new years eve they moved Halloween.
We took out 5 year fixed deal when that ends unless we move providers our monthly payment goes up nearly 300.
I have freinds with same bank as us too.
They have had a few financial issues last few years and they took 2 years fixed they had to stay with and not shop around for better deal.
I expect meldrums have stay put with same bank if shes not bringing in much income.
If lee gets laid off daddy cannon i guess sub them short term.
Maybe she thinks grandad will leave a big inheritance for her.
They dont seem to be cutting back their spending at all.
I just dont buy they well off the play house was discounted and family helped fit it on the cheap.
The kitchen of dreams wont happen this year.

In another random note watched Katie Ellison house updates and her haugue blue wall is gone.
Also on insta so many people got rid of the blue.
It much more sensible do dark feature wall as then its a cheap easy update.
I really dislike her blue room.
Louise Pentland repainted as well, all these influencers copied each other, probably trying to keep up with Zoe Sugg, unfortunately they have to live in that space, having your entire room such a dark colour would make me feel depressed, I can see why so many are repainting.

Reactions: 5
I honestly think she would really suit a short choppy bob, it would be such a breath of fresh air and if she would have it professionally coloured again to a nice warm brown colour and then just leave it alone it would look so much better. The over bleached blonde is too stark against her skin, it just washes her out. The brunette colour she went before really brought out the colour of her eyes and was warm against her skin.
Agree 100%!, trouble is I think lee likes blonde and Begs is trying to recreate herself when she had long blonde hair ( it was in better condition). She’s older, had another baby and bleached it to death. Chop it of, go warm tones and leave it alone.

Reactions: 12
There's no October intake in Scotland, only after summer, Xmas and Easter hols. Kids born up until 31st August get to start after the summer hols. Unless that's changed in the last couple years of course since my youngest got her funded place.
new guidelines state that children are entitled to their funded hours immediately after their third birthday; no longer have to wait until the following term.
the entitlement was supposed to double, but due to covid it is now up to individual local authorities if they want/can offer it 🙄
Funded places have still not been announced in my council. As a teacher, I also have to say that the back to school issue is a bit confusing..although we’re going back earlier there has been absolutely no guidance about what this ‘full time’ will look like. England and Wales have both published guidelines, and they’re not back until sept! There will have to be some mitigation’s in place (bubbles etc) but I’m secondary, so who knows!

Reactions: 2
Louise Pentland repainted as well, all these influencers copied each other, probably trying to keep up with Zoe Sugg, unfortunately they have to live in that space, having your entire room such a dark colour would make me feel depressed, I can see why so many are repainting.
She was desperately trying to copy Zoe Sugg. Forgetting that a) Zoe’s room has lots of light b) Zoe is actually interested in her home and designed the interior with what she liked c) Zoe paid for her interiors so she had what she wanted. This is the reason why the likes of Katie Ellison, Charlotte Taylor, Kate Murnane and Mummy in the Know have all got or are getting the interiors they like. They didn’t buy at the top of their budget and they remortgaged or used savings to pay for it all. Her problem is she doesn’t know her taste so she follows whoever she wants to be at the time then accepts handouts that don’t fit the style because she doesn’t actually know the style. A normal person doesn’t buy a house that they don’t really like on the basis freebies will come She hates cooking so no need for a kitchen family room she just wants it because it’s all over the gram. She looks after nothing she has. The car, the house, her clothes are all treated with no care at all. Charlotte Taylor May not be to all tastes but she has always valued what she has and looks after it. She’s stayed in her modest home and made it to what they need. Rebs didn’t need to move she just wanted to play at being rich influencer!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She was desperately trying to copy Zoe Sugg. Forgetting that a) Zoe’s room has lots of light b) Zoe is actually interested in her home and designed the interior with what she liked c) Zoe paid for her interiors so she had what she wanted. This is the reason why the likes of Katie Ellison, Charlotte Taylor, Kate Murnane and Mummy in the Know have all got or are getting the interiors they like. They didn’t buy at the top of their budget and they remortgaged or used savings to pay for it all. Her problem is she doesn’t know her taste so she follows whoever she wants to be at the time then accepts handouts that don’t fit the style because she doesn’t actually know the style. A normal person doesn’t buy a house that they don’t really like on the basis freebies will come She hates cooking so no need for a kitchen family room she just wants it because it’s all over the gram. She looks after nothing she has. The car, the house, her clothes are all treated with no care at all. Charlotte Taylor May not be to all tastes but she has always valued what she has and looks after it. She’s stayed in her modest home and made it to what they need. Rebs didn’t need to move she just wanted to play at being rich influencer!
We all know her style is boho coastal lol.
Her mum's freinds business told her that was her style.
Shes always been obsessed with grey that was theme at last house.
Their gifted bed is grey.
Their sofas are grey i reckon dfs gifted them the set in the blue room.
She now dislikes all the gifted grey Oakland furniture.
She thinks ikea kallax with garish boxes are stylish.
Even the paint they painted the kitchen with was gifted.
Im struggling think what they have brought for that house the 2 6 quid metal tables from Ikea and a few kallax boxes.
Their garden furniture was gifted
The play equipment and trampoline feel sure that gifted.
Really weird accept fancy 2k Samsung fridge from ao and not keep in the kitchen.
How can they not afford curtains or blinds.
Next official kindly girls room bedding and curtains she really milked the next official partnership.
I wonder if poppy cot was gifted feel sure all the prams were.
Most of her makeup and skincare free.
Lots free or cheap clothes.

Like i say before they moved 3months before we did.
We accepted ours was a doer upper brought at bargain price and we would have to do up and extend over time.
Was totting up all the work we done to the house in 1.5 years we lived here.
We did fencing and guttering straight away 2k the month we moved in.
This year focus been on landcaping garden new lawn decking furniture play equipment and plants so by autumn be like 4k spent on garden.
House inside lots paint , hardware electrics lighting plumbing flooring easily another 4k.
We are average couple on less salary than lee.
We had no holiday last year. We seldom eat out or go on big spending sprees.
We could easily spend another 8 to 10k to complete everything that needs doing ie all rooms lighting flooring fires boiler new doors and windows..
Thats without getting new kitchen or bathroom.
Myv sister spent 12k on her new wren kitchen with quartz worktop .
I assume that's sort kitchen meldrum want gifted shaker grey style.
Its weird as she hates cooking.
All gone quiet on the architect and kitchen plans which she hinted would be autumn.
I feel sure they off abroad soon after lees next rotation.

Reactions: 3
We all know her style is boho coastal lol.
Her mum's freinds business told her that was her style.
Shes always been obsessed with grey that was theme at last house.
Their gifted bed is grey.
Their sofas are grey i reckon dfs gifted them the set in the blue room.
She now dislikes all the gifted grey Oakland furniture.
She thinks ikea kallax with garish boxes are stylish.
Even the paint they painted the kitchen with was gifted.
Im struggling think what they have brought for that house the 2 6 quid metal tables from Ikea and a few kallax boxes.
Their garden furniture was gifted
The play equipment and trampoline feel sure that gifted.
Really weird accept fancy 2k Samsung fridge from ao and not keep in the kitchen.
How can they not afford curtains or blinds.
Next official kindly girls room bedding and curtains she really milked the next official partnership.
I wonder if poppy cot was gifted feel sure all the prams were.
Most of her makeup and skincare free.
Lots free or cheap clothes.

Like i say before they moved 3months before we did.
We accepted ours was a doer upper brought at bargain price and we would have to do up and extend over time.
Was totting up all the work we done to the house in 1.5 years we lived here.
We did fencing and guttering straight away 2k the month we moved in.
This year focus been on landcaping garden new lawn decking furniture play equipment and plants so by autumn be like 4k spent on garden.
House inside lots paint , hardware electrics lighting plumbing flooring easily another 4k.
We are average couple on less salary than lee.
We had no holiday last year. We seldom eat out or go on big spending sprees.
We could easily spend another 8 to 10k to complete everything that needs doing ie all rooms lighting flooring fires boiler new doors and windows..
Thats without getting new kitchen or bathroom.
Myv sister spent 12k on her new wren kitchen with quartz worktop .
I assume that's sort kitchen meldrum want gifted shaker grey style.
Its weird as she hates cooking.
All gone quiet on the architect and kitchen plans which she hinted would be autumn.
I feel sure they off abroad soon after lees next rotation.
Is boho coastal aka leave your dirty clothes all over the house?!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That’s all so true. The car when ever I’ve seen it on photos w mess inside and in need of good clean. Her dubarrys are wrecked. I’ve had mine for years and still like new. Her style what is it? She’s a mismatch of what ever takes her fancy that day. What’s her real interest apart from pottering and slow days Even with the kids clothes and the stains on them. It’s not that difficult to keep kids clothes stain free by washing them properly.

Reactions: 7
Her "style" is a mix of a 60 year old woman that wants to be middle class, and JoJo siwa with the bloody hoodies and stupid headbands 😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Tbf my 3 year old goes in one when we’re out for the day if she gets tired but walks a hell of a lot till she gets to that point
My nearly 3 year old would still go in the pushchair if tired or on a long walk. Even if she didn't fall asleep she'd just sit and enjoy the ride if she was tired. Poppy isn't 3 til next month.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.