Mrs Meldrum #86 Cycling around with our chummies, flaunting lockdown like Dominic Cummings

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually deleted my own square after reading a lot of BAME commentary yesterday that it can be interpreted as an empty gesture, a silencing and a void and I didn’t want to virtue signal. I think meldrum’s handling of anything in this space is going to be bungled because the massive elephant (and all thanks to Alexandra Burke for bringing that phrase to Britain!) in the room is that what she should be saying is ‘I fucked up and I never apologised and I owe CB an apology’ and that’s all she should ever be saying on the matter. Don’t try and signpost other people to resources when you aren’t doing the work yourself. She should know that she can’t share photos of middle fingers up because of what she did when liftgate happened, she should KNOW

Reactions: 15
Earlier today I was in a zoom meeting with some friends / business colleagues / fellow volunteers and after our meeting ended we stayed around for a general chat. We touched on how our respective businesses and organisations were moving forward and the difficulties many will face regarding adaptation of workplaces in older buildings, phasing the return of staff to accommodate their continuing childcare needs and given the financial uncertainty many families are facing, whether a couple of the more 'luxury' businesses would survive.

I have permission to share the conversation but cannot identify the business incase either of the directors of Mrs Meldrum Limited decide to dox / harass

This Scottish business is concerned in high end bespoke jewellery and rely on word of mouth recommendation as each commission is unique to the client and images of those commissions are never used for advertising as they feel that those images belong solely to the client. They also make several pieces each year which are donated to charities close to their hearts for fundraising purposes. In times of recession / financial hardship, luxury items are the first to go, so as a company they had considered (amongst other options) approaching a Scottish influencer and offer them the opportunity to work on a project over a period of a few weeks documenting the process of a client collaborating in the design of a piece of jewellery, choosing stones, metal to be used, through to manufacture of the final piece(s). I use the plural as they had thought that small inexpensive pieces could have been made in silver with gold detail for the girls and a significant piece of jewellery for the 'influencer' which they would have been able to keep. The fee to the influencer would have been small as the final piece of diamond set jewellery could have had a retail value of several thousand pounds. The project would have showcased their work and that a commission could be as small or as large as you want it to be but personal and unique.

Mrs Meldrum had been mentioned to them as an influencer in this area with a large following as well as couple of others, so a few family members and friends of the business either followed or checked in on the instagram accounts to gauge engagement / content etc and feedback their views. On one post someone had left a comment to Rebecca, not disagreeing with her but putting across a point of view to which Rebecca replied. The comment was liked by several people, one of which was one of the family members, as it related to something she is passionate about and the following day when going on to check what was new on Instagram she found that Rebecca had blocked her. This person had never commented but had 'liked' a couple of Rebecca's posts she had put up previously and this one comment, which resulted in being blocked. No engagement, just blocked.
Following on from this, the company decided to look into the online presence of Rebecca further, and of course Lees account and decided that to be associated with them could only harm their business. I listened quietly to the conversation today and 'smug' 'brash' 'entitled' 'uneducated' 'childish' and 'exploitative of their children' were all terms used to describe the Meldrums and their accounts. All these descriptive terms totally at odds with the ethos of the company that were looking to potentially collaborate with them.

A decision has been made that they will instead put that budget towards making and donating five pieces of jewellery for charitable purposes and those charities today were identified and contacted.

In so many of the threads on here, we read about or discuss brands and products that Rebecca or Lee have promoted / advertised / affiliate linked and the fallout / tantrums when sometimes they make a complete balls up through ill thought out posts, inconsistent information and inappropriate behaviour such as the two finger, middle finger, no f*cks given attitude. What we do not know about are those companies and individuals who do their research and decide against even making contact. Rebecca rails about the 'trolls' 'losers' and 'jealous' individuals who have caused contracts to potentially be ended prematurely but does she ever think about the business she has never gained because of her attitude, poor judgement and behaviour. This is the second 'bespoke' collaboration that I know of that did not proceed any further than the investigative stage, surely there must be dozens more.

• Heart
Reactions: 87
Earlier today I was in a zoom meeting with some friends / business colleagues / fellow volunteers and after our meeting ended we stayed around for a general chat. We touched on how our respective businesses and organisations were moving forward and the difficulties many will face regarding adaptation of workplaces in older buildings, phasing the return of staff to accommodate their continuing childcare needs and given the financial uncertainty many families are facing, whether a couple of the more 'luxury' businesses would survive.

I have permission to share the conversation but cannot identify the business incase either of the directors of Mrs Meldrum Limited decide to dox / harass

This Scottish business is concerned in high end bespoke jewellery and rely on word of mouth recommendation as each commission is unique to the client and images of those commissions are never used for advertising as they feel that those images belong solely to the client. They also make several pieces each year which are donated to charities close to their hearts for fundraising purposes. In times of recession / financial hardship, luxury items are the first to go, so as a company they had considered (amongst other options) approaching a Scottish influencer and offer them the opportunity to work on a project over a period of a few weeks documenting the process of a client collaborating in the design of a piece of jewellery, choosing stones, metal to be used, through to manufacture of the final piece(s). I use the plural as they had thought that small inexpensive pieces could have been made in silver with gold detail for the girls and a significant piece of jewellery for the 'influencer' which they would have been able to keep. The fee to the influencer would have been small as the final piece of diamond set jewellery could have had a retail value of several thousand pounds. The project would have showcased their work and that a commission could be as small or as large as you want it to be but personal and unique.

Mrs Meldrum had been mentioned to them as an influencer in this area with a large following as well as couple of others, so a few family members and friends of the business either followed or checked in on the instagram accounts to gauge engagement / content etc and feedback their views. On one post someone had left a comment to Rebecca, not disagreeing with her but putting across a point of view to which Rebecca replied. The comment was liked by several people, one of which was one of the family members, as it related to something she is passionate about and the following day when going on to check what was new on Instagram she found that Rebecca had blocked her. This person had never commented but had 'liked' a couple of Rebecca's posts she had put up previously and this one comment, which resulted in being blocked. No engagement, just blocked.
Following on from this, the company decided to look into the online presence of Rebecca further, and of course Lees account and decided that to be associated with them could only harm their business. I listened quietly to the conversation today and 'smug' 'brash' 'entitled' 'uneducated' 'childish' and 'exploitative of their children' were all terms used to describe the Meldrums and their accounts. All these descriptive terms totally at odds with the ethos of the company that were looking to potentially collaborate with them.

A decision has been made that they will instead put that budget towards making and donating five pieces of jewellery for charitable purposes and those charities today were identified and contacted.

In so many of the threads on here, we read about or discuss brands and products that Rebecca or Lee have promoted / advertised / affiliate linked and the fallout / tantrums when sometimes they make a complete balls up through ill thought out posts, inconsistent information and inappropriate behaviour such as the two finger, middle finger, no f*cks given attitude. What we do not know about are those companies and individuals who do their research and decide against even making contact. Rebecca rails about the 'trolls' 'losers' and 'jealous' individuals who have caused contracts to potentially be ended prematurely but does she ever think about the business she has never gained because of her attitude, poor judgement and behaviour. This is the second 'bespoke' collaboration that I know of that did not proceed any further than the investigative stage, surely there must be dozens more.
I wish for her own sake Rebecca would listen to your advice (in your posts over the last few months)

Reactions: 12
What I really don’t understand, is what motivates her to keep putting herself and her family through this? She’s already sold her children’s privacy, given away something of theirs that can never be taken back. Surely her own mental health must have taken a battering.. she’s not up to the job at all, so why carry on? Is the money really worth it? Because it can’t buy happiness, for her or her children.
One word... narcissism.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Mummy’s got a cheek having that up as well. I mean Rebecca clearly gets her racist ways from someone in the family. Speaking from experience racism is normally inbred. Also it wasn’t the first time Rebecca had been caught out making racist jokes let’s not forget the ghandi joke on twitter that she found hilarious and “harmless”. Imitating the Indian BT woman when Lee was sorting their broadband, making accents when they were going for a curry the list goes on. No matter how much they think that’s not racist it is blatant casual racism.
You forgot Jamaican accent during Florence birth.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8

With all of this coming out of the woodworks anyone who is standing by her should be questioning their own racist tendencies.

It’s not enough to not be racist, it’s important to be anti racist.

I’m actually surprised she’s not getting more of a grilling like MOD and Susie Verril.

Reactions: 11
I just can’t see how she can come back and start posting as normal after this

With all of this coming out of the woodworks anyone who is standing by her should be questioning their own racist tendencies.

It’s not enough to not be racist, it’s important to be anti racist.

I’m actually surprised she’s not getting more of a grilling like MOD and Susie Verril.
She has blocked everyone who has dared to speak against her or even like a comment from someone which she didn’t like so other than publicly calling her out they wouldn’t be able to!
As for all the other insta mummies who haven’t spoken up, shame on them indeed.
A black square for one day alongside radio silence to then come back and post life as normal with no discussion on the subject is not helpful at all

Reactions: 7
Ooh. Sorry, skipping to the end. Thread title

“Tropics matters more to me than real Topics like Black Lives Matter”

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I just can’t see how she can come back and start posting as normal after this

She has blocked everyone who has dared to speak against her or even like a comment from someone which she didn’t like so other than publicly calling her out they wouldn’t be able to!
As for all the other insta mummies who haven’t spoken up, shame on them indeed.
A black square for one day alongside radio silence to then come back and post life as normal with no discussion on the subject is not helpful at all
Has she blocked many other infleunecrs though.
I can only think if 4 maybe 5 that have small following and been vocal and 4 actually live in Scotland abm, I'm, pb and possibly I guess she may have blocked foodie yesterday.
It's been said I here that many use the meldrums to increase popularity but many have had horrible messages from meldrum sheep and even been shadow banned by Insta so long term not sure many gained that many by mentioning the meldrums.
The meldrums themselves think they big players but on Instagram they an embarrassment.

I doubt she was ever invited to the bloggers retreat.
Apart from Sarah this mama life and Lucy and the bump hardly any comment anymore. She made some really blatant digs towards Emily Norris.
Channel mum sources say the meldrums were a nightmare.
She never really interacted with many.

It's been over a year maybe longer since she did a collab video or met up with anyone in the industry that speaks volumes.
Can anyone remember last brand event other than ibiza.
I wonder if her and chloe love to shop remained firm freinds.
Even her own group chums got a lot smaller she never mention s a few of them.
She tried to befriend muddy mummy at the gym but think that may have been short lived as well as couple others.
From what locals say here the meldrums are very unpopukar in their local area.

Their photos are often poor quality. Filtered to death and bare no relation to text.
Often there's mess in the background
Lots spelling mistakes. Same old repetative language and desparate to show us they living their best life.

I mean think about how many daft things she's done

Next ad combined with cancer scare
Food bank no donations combined with meal out and shopping blog.
Olay ambasssor whilst mentioning trolls.
Readily lock your kids in their rooms.
Disneyland biggest lie of them all
So so many vitamins and always ill.
Boden cures anxiety.
Mr Kipling ad filmed at a gifted cottage that vlog never got released.
Let's not forget Gleneagles she they harrases Lisa kudrow for a photo she said no and they filmed her anyway then Lee said she looked old and haggered.
Filming thier child's sports day for a zoom baby ad.

We already suspect they broken data protection rules but ico did nothing.
Lee extends dodgy intimidating messages to women .
Lee makes comments on other female influencers pages so creepy.
Lee films his kids in swimwear , naked and in the bath also they both run the girls when they unaware of clearly said no they don't consent to being filmed.

They reguarly break or push cma/ ASA rules.

They think they untouchable.

Wonder when we get grand garden reveal

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Mrs Meldrum
“Tropics matters more to me than real life topics. What’s Black Lives Matter?”

Reactions: 9
I actually deleted my own square after reading a lot of BAME commentary yesterday that it can be interpreted as an empty gesture, a silencing and a void and I didn’t want to virtue signal. I think meldrum’s handling of anything in this space is going to be bungled because the massive elephant (and all thanks to Alexandra Burke for bringing that phrase to Britain!) in the room is that what she should be saying is ‘I fucked up and I never apologised and I owe CB an apology’ and that’s all she should ever be saying on the matter. Don’t try and signpost other people to resources when you aren’t doing the work yourself. She should know that she can’t share photos of middle fingers up because of what she did when liftgate happened, she should KNOW

Thanks for the Alexandra Burke reminder ...:D

I too deleted my black square and replaced it with something educational, something I had learnt, something I understood. All the influencers are doing is sharing everyone else's work. That is wrong and lazy and not anti racist.

Mrs Meldrum
“Tropics matters more to me than real life topics. What’s Black Lives Matter?”
My dewy (Tropics) brown skin is more important than reality. What's BLM?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh aye I did forget how she had to reiterate to everyone that the gas and air made her sound Jamaican. She needs to grow the duck up 🙄 I’ll be honest what annoying me is all the middle class yummy mummy instahuns now bombarding is with all the “educatory” tools they’ve now decided to use. I mean is it a shock that there is racism because the way the likes of Kerry Conway is acting it’s like this is actually news to her!! What grinds my gears is tattle was all the bad bastards when we all pointed out to her that joke was racist. We were just jealous, nasty “dedicated trolls” I think was what she called us last week who needed to “get a life”. Fast forward 14 months later and this happens and suddenly all these influencers who stayed silent suddenly pipe up and duck me sideways overnight they are quoting Desmond Tutu, Malcolm X and searching for black themed shows on Netflix 🙄 We don’t wear our colour like a badge and know what if those instahuns were really anti or not racist they would have spoke up a year ago but they didn’t they closed ranks and stayed silent along with Channel Mum. As far as I’m concerned they can take their platitudes and stick them as the whole lot of them are overpaid, self entitled little witches the whole lot of them! People on here are the kind of people you want in your side. We have integrity and morals something they lost years ago when they sold themselves and their kids out for money. I wouldn’t piss on that lot if they were on fire. Sorry for the expletive rant.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.