Mrs Meldrum #8 Belter Hobbits & Bad Boy Mushrooms Unite, Rebby's On Tattle And Looking For A Fight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doubtful they been reported to tax office as it would be vague.
They claim they have a mortgage.
They never said how much down payment is or ltv.
I think they have been. Any suspicion to how a company can suddenly afford high end items on such low profit reporting makes ears stand up and listen and start sniffing Even if vague they look. All the info they need is crap set of last years acocunts and a house the cost of what they purchased and even all of the holidays and freebies to see if declared as gifts in Lieu of money. That’s how they can check for money laundering too as high priced jewels or vehicles can be purchased to get rid of the cash

Reactions: 4
You don’t just have to have a standard income to have a mortgage, or 2 years tax returns.
You can have a contractor mortgage which relies on proof of contract and can use a day rate for example.

Also, if he had equity in a property because he bought it cheaply, there is nothing stopping him releasing that equity and gifting it to either or his daughters as long as it’s written as a gift in the mortgage declaration.

To understand more, I need to know what her dads business is really [emoji23]

Reactions: 3
You don’t just have to have a standard income to have a mortgage, or 2 years tax returns.
You can have a contractor mortgage which relies on proof of contract and can use a day rate for example.

Also, if he had equity in a property because he bought it cheaply, there is nothing stopping him releasing that equity and gifting it to either or his daughters as long as it’s written as a gift in the mortgage declaration.

To understand more, I need to know what her dads business is really [emoji23]
We didn’t get to do that being self employed and owning own business. Even when fixing mortgage for next term had to provide earnings as terms changed for lending criteria

I think they have been. Any suspicion to how a company can suddenly afford high end items on such low profit reporting makes ears stand up and listen and start sniffing Even if vague they look. All the info they need is crap set of last years acocunts and a house the cost of what they purchased and even all of the holidays and freebies to see if declared as gifts in Lieu of money. That’s how they can check for money laundering too as high priced jewels or vehicles can be purchased to get rid of the cash
It’s not about profit, it’s about turnover, wages and earnings vs income.
A company earning £150k a year can have profits of only 20k but the directors can earn salaries of 60k. The 60k would be used for affordability not the profit.

Reactions: 6
Ah, but there the catch. Because he could still use her PAYE allowance (roughly 12k now) and she could still have her own business and not take a wage, only taking dividends thus forgoing her tax allowance as it’s used elsewhere.
You can pay yourself as many dividends as you like (although it’s frowned upon) but you can still take lump sums from those earnings and only pay VAT and corp tax.

Thanks for all this info

This kind thing makes me mad
I have freinds paying over paid tax credits.
As an employee my husband can't fiddle his tax so easily.

Yet in UK those who are self employed or own company with a good accountant constantly fiddling things to pay less tax.

Forget Starbucks Apple and offshore.

If only tax office look closer to home
So much lost revenue

Reactions: 2
We didn’t get to do that being self employed and owning own business. Even when fixing mortgage for next term had to provide earnings as terms changed for lending criteria
If you PM I can recommend some providers for you if you need them. There aren’t many on the market, but more are cropping up now, and they are with high street banks through brokers. Happy to help [emoji4]

We did. Only needed one years tax return and showed my husband's contract with the contractors he works with that shows his day rate.

Reactions: 2
Kermit, it’s actually really hard to fiddle it unless you are talking about businesses over the 500k mark. So please don’t be too mad at your friends, they could just be taking advantage of paying less tax, but, I bet they have decent size Corp and VAT bills which will cancel it out. It’s the big earners who benefit, very rarely your local business or family contractors.

Reactions: 7
We did. Only needed one years tax return and showed my husband's contract with the contractors he works with that shows his day rate.
It’s good isn’t? It helps the people who were previously PAYE and broke away to keep the money themselves benefit. The Halifax had a really contractor mortgage earlier in the year.

If you PM I can recommend some providers for you if you need them. There aren’t many on the market, but more are cropping up now, and they are with high street banks through brokers. Happy to help [emoji4]
It’s not about profit, it’s about turnover, wages and earnings vs income.
A company earning £150k a year can have profits of only 20k but the directors can earn salaries of 60k. The 60k would be used for affordability not the profit.
If you PM I can recommend some providers for you if you need them. There aren’t many on the market, but more are cropping up now, and they are with high street banks through brokers. Happy to help
We don’t shift from agri business banking in Edinburgh as got an agricultural tie and no main stream lender touches those or self builds. House only approved for planning as long as if ever sold the whole farm went with it. Just the joys of having younger generations moving up and requiring houses of their own. You’ve to jump through so many hoops with the government to get them approved to build....£20,000 later in planning fees and so much stress. Never again!! Not that would ever sell, but if did can only be sold to someone in agri profession along with farms. It would have been rejected for joe bloggs from town

Last edited:
Anyway, this isn’t me defending them btw, not at all. This is just purely from a post above asking if anyone knew how it worked.
As we were [emoji23]

Reactions: 5
Also I very much doubt there will be anything dodgy in relation to the house if her dad is involved and a broker and financial advisor likely.

If her dad's wise enough to have her as a shareholder in some sort of tax loophole or to pay her dividends, he's not going to be stupid enough to leave themselves wide open to being found to of done anything dodgy.

I think the speculation on the house is pointless. We don't know what their salary was last year as they are a limited company so the profits are after their salary is deducted. They very possibly could of got it themselves but the fact she was a shareholder in that business could mean they were getting dividends monthly too.

Reactions: 8
Also I very much doubt there will be anything dodgy in relation to the house if her dad is involved and a broker and financial advisor likely.

If her dad's wise enough to have her as a shareholder in some sort of tax loophole or to pay her dividends, he's not going to be stupid enough to leave themselves wide open to being found to of done anything dodgy.

I think the speculation on the house is pointless. We don't know what their salary was last year as they are a limited company so the profits are after their salary is deducted. They very possibly could of got it themselves but the fact she was a shareholder in that business could mean they were getting dividends monthly too.

True we will never know full story.

She sold her kids privacy childhood to get to that point.

The amount of stress she must be under trying cover up everything.

I'm not at all jealous

True we will never know full story.

She sold her kids privacy childhood to get to that point.

The amount of stress she must be under trying cover up everything.

I'm not at all jealous
Imagine having to keep track of your stories each day.....thing is the majority of them seem to manage ok.

Reactions: 1
Me either. Scrounging off parents and brands and whoring your children's childhood out is not appealing to me. Neither is pretending I'm people's "friends" to try get them to buy things they they likely can't afford or need.

I have worked in cosmetics as an Account Manager and the companies are ruthless. We are made to build up rapport with customers and then act like a shoulder to cry on. They come back to you over and over and spill their life to you and you listen and console whilst selling them as much as possible whilst their defences are down because they trust you and feel they can't say no when you have listened to them. They are often vulnerable and trust you and believe what you are selling will make them feel better and resolve their issues. Its horrific but it's very similar to what influencers are doing. They looked up to us with our perfect, hair make up and "bubbly personalitys" (which is all fake) and they want a piece of it. So when we tell them this new products amazing I LOVE it. They buy into the bullshit. Its why I left the industry as I wanted to do something worthwhile and it was all so fake and meaningless selling people tit they didn't need.

Reactions: 10
Off out on a school night! Except you’ve probably shipped the kids off to your parents and you don’t actually have a job do you? ?

Reactions: 9
More "me time" does she have anything but? Your kids are off school ill but screw it lets dump them with babysitters and bugger off out, because sitting on our arses all day is so exhausting and we deserve time off...bore off you pair of lazy gimps!

Reactions: 9
Top self care tip on tonight’s vid - Brush your hair.

I admit, I don’t watch her videos usually (never in full anyway) but thought I’d try that one. 12 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.