Mrs Meldrum #79 Let's have a re-cap, use a black pen for an instant thigh gap.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
HERE HERE!! And preach it for all the world to hear!

influencers could do a lot to INFLUENCE people to look after the vulnerable in their society but they have not 1 brain cell between them and it won’t benefit them in any way so of course they won’t.
What a horrible existence!
Most of them have said nothing at all. And when they do speak it’s usually just to defend their silence. “I’m not a healthcare professional, I’m just a mum, I don’t know what to say”. Yet they are all experts when it comes to flogging some sort of vitamin or face cream. I don’t think anyone is looking to them for up to the minute national health advice but it couldn’t hurt them to use their reach for some common good. Louise Pentland is the only one that I have seen encouraging people to look after each other. The term “influencer” is completely wasted on these women. They are shonky salespeople. Why people give them any more credit than that is beyond me.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Just for a bit of perspective, the rig my husband works on makes £7million a day due to the amount they produce. So even if oil prices go down hugely, the oil companies will still be making a huge amount daily. His rig has now gone to core crew due to coronavirus like many will be doing in the next few days/weeks, I’m sure. If Mr Meldrums rig does the same then depending on what his job role is he might/might not have to go. The vast majority of companies will be paying their workers if they aren’t allowed on the rig, but obviously depends on who he works for.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Well if that’s the case there will be more than him in the same bloody boat! What makes them so special to get the sympathy vote
Absolutely, my brother in law works for an operator and I work in oil services so very much aware of the impact this is already making on the oil industry. It’s also other industries - I have friends in hospitality that simply aren’t getting shifts because people aren’t coming out. Retail is the same. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 8
This sounds awful but I hope the insta bubble does burst through this. I’d never want to see anyone out of work BUT ‘influencing’ isn’t an honest days work for an honest days pay.

The decent, hardworking, honest ‘influencers’;

*respect (or pretend to) their followers - engaging, responding, taking on constructive criticism and not deleting or blocking anyone who disagrees

*do not rely financially on views or ads. They have maintained ‘normal’ careers or fully embraced new opportunities through social media fame ie Unmumsy Mums books

*realised long ago this is a new phenomenon which wouldn’t last forever
👏👏👏

HERE HERE!! And preach it for all the world to hear!

influencers could do a lot to INFLUENCE people to look after the vulnerable in their society but they have not 1 brain cell between them and it won’t benefit them in any way so of course they won’t.
What a horrible existence!
👏👍

Reactions: 2
theres loads of jobs she could do if she had to. Entry level jobs. She may not want to do them but if she HAD to, she could get a job.
She could get a job in a school kitchen, (I do feel that she would think this is beneath her) that’s what I did when my children were young, suited me fine for many many years.

Reactions: 12
Platforms are downmanning so that there is only 1 person per room. So down 50%, more for those who have 3 or 4 to a room. You my house we are really worried about the oil price and redundancies again! I’m sure many other industries have the same worries.
Worrying time for many I certainly hope this passes quickly so many families could suffer if they can’t work either because schools are closed or grandparents can’t look after Grandbairns, because of various illnesses and a suppressed immune I have been asked for my safety to self isolate which means I can’t help with childcare and many others are going to struggle financially it could mean people losing their homes if it goes on unless the government lets those quarantined be allowed not to have to pay rent/council tax etc , average rent us £220 per week Statuary sick pay is about £98 I am so worried for my family some of whom work 2 jobs and still struggle with mortgage payments very worrying , not terribly concerned about overpaid influencers especially those living in mansions and driving flashy cars they should have money in the bank to tide them over when they get thousands for Ads !! I hope that once this passes people will have learned lessons about what is important , not having a Hoover for every room and expensive decor etc if you can afford these things good for you , but many can’t and go into debt to be like those that they follow especially with baby equipment and clothes all mams want the best for their babies and they are being influenced and manipulated to buy all the latest gear , I know it’s a choice but obviously people are easily led by these devious and irresponsible selfish greedy people 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Worrying time for many I certainly hope this passes quickly so many families could suffer if they can’t work either because schools are closed or grandparents can’t look after Grandbairns, because of various illnesses and a suppressed immune I have been asked for my safety to self isolate which means I can’t help with childcare and many others are going to struggle financially it could mean people losing their homes if it goes on unless the government lets those quarantined be allowed not to have to pay rent/council tax etc , average rent us £220 per week Statuary sick pay is about £98 I am so worried for my family some of whom work 2 jobs and still struggle with mortgage payments very worrying , not terribly concerned about overpaid influencers especially those living in mansions and driving flashy cars they should have money in the bank to tide them over when they get thousands for Ads !! I hope that once this passes people will have learned lessons about what is important , not having a Hoover for every room and expensive decor etc if you can afford these things good for you , but many can’t and go into debt to be like those that they follow especially with baby equipment and clothes all mams want the best for their babies and they are being influenced and manipulated to buy all the latest gear , I know it’s a choice but obviously people are easily led by these devious and irresponsible selfish greedy people 😡
Love your sentence "I hope that when this has passed people will realise what is really important and not having a Hoover for every room of the house"

You have completely grasped what is actually going on in peoples minds..people are revaluating.

I come from an Astrological perspective. Its what I do on the side and people in the Astrology community could see this coming over the past 8 years or so - end to the old ways of exploitation.

It's going to be tough, theres so doubt about it. We have to reset our habits.. do we really want to buy cheap clothes from Primark that are purely cheap because it's on the back of someone else's suffering? Do we really want to eat that KFC burger when the chickens life was full of fear and misery? The revaluations will be never ending. And it is all for good. To create a less selfish more community orientated humanity.

Its already starting. The response to the ridiculous lock down of the over 70s is overwhelming. People acting from the heart and not from the pocket.

Some people are really going to struggle through the next 5 years......the ones who can only think of themselves. The unemphatic. Their path will be longer and with more obstacles but they might get there in the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Quiet in Meldrum Towers, making herself useful? Knitting her own toilet roll?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Yip, he's got stuff on insta so they're not completely awol. Maybe they've been setting up a community help rota in the retirement villaaaage? They're such kind and generous people aren't they?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
At the current oil price won't North sea rigs be shutting down in a matter of weeks?

Sorry I haven't read the thread recently, but surely the slowdown in the economy is a way bigger risk to the oil industry than a new virus?

Anybody in Aberdeenshire have insiders knowledge?
If you compare the industry to Norway it’s all shutting down due to corena virus. In the next few days/weeks 400.000> will be without work.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Ha ha ha get off of tattle Rebecca . People discussing Louise pentland being the only influencer to tell people to look after each other and right on cue Rebecca posts a Facebook post 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
And look what a shite care basket lady louise put together... Box of ritz crackers, yummy meal that!! Some chocolate, packets of porridge that need milk and 3 bog roll!!! No actual meal like tins of soup or tins of stew, packets of pasta n sauce . Beggy get some of your fish fingers and aunt bessies to the foodbank!!!!

• Haha
Sorry going to sound horrific here but....wow, that filter is truely aging her! Its a gorgeous photo of S but man, time is being harsh on mrs m!

Another SLOOOOW Sunday. When is it not a slow one? They never do anything! And she literally looks about 50 in that photo, could easily pass for Karen's lil sis.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It's a lovely photo of S. 😊

Puppet Pinnochio.... Easiest thing to do, post something that people will try and engage and have no intention of replying. Why even bother.

The Meldrums will be OK in lock down, they've rehearsed it for years.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Mrs M and her dodgy lip filler.....hellish photo of her.

Lovely photo of Safiyah- she’s going to grow into a beautiful young lady. Her hair is gorgeous!!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.