Mrs Meldrum #76 Be kind says Reb, be Kinder says Lee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That should say when lee's away... Kindl predictive... Grubby...tiday ... What was yr spelling excuse when it's your only ever job... Sorry hoppy??!!

Reactions: 5
All I'm going to say is this, I hope that door doesn't hit you too much on your ass on the way out ....Toodles Meldrums, and I hope a few other influencers follow you out that same door........It really is time to say Goodbye.........goodbye..........🙋‍♀️ (why am I hearing that vile woman's voice from a game show, she is English, no idea what she's called, or the show ...... Anne something I think :unsure:)
Ann Robinson? Rebecca, you are the weakest link, goodbye! 😉

These muppets of Flogall Rock have annoyed me immensely, this past week especially!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s clear the only person she cares about is herself. Husband doing 12 hour 7 days a week shifts on the rigs, wee one at private nursery 2 days a week and Grandparents ready at the click of a finger. Yet she sits on her arse snuggling a puppy moping around about her hard her life is. 🤦‍♀️ Adventurer 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I didn't watch grubby when she was pregnant... How was she???!!! Cant imagine how she coped tough the tiredness!!!
I have two memories of Doldrum’s pregnancy with Poppilicious:
1. Beggy milking her zika fears for P after they went to Florida
2. Pat GROANING with total disappoint when P’s gender was revealed 🙄🙄🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 12
What happened to the dream kitchen? Before the dog arrived she said an architect was coming round that weekend?
Also haven’t heard her friends mentioned on here lately? I don’t usually see much of her content.

She pisses me off. She’s healthy and could be at the very least committing to doing some volunteering. She has no limitations on her like myself and many other disabled people do. I would give almost anything to have my health and the chance at a normal life, instead of being mostly stuck in day in day out.
It’s crazy to think she chooses to spend her days similar to mine but she’s healthy!!
The kitchens never mentioned
Rami is no longer mentioned
She's saying she can't attend gym right now as she will yet she paid expensive membership in the blog how much crazy money go spent in a week .

She's talked numerous times over last few months especially since Lee returned to rigs that she struggles to cope.
That she reguarly cried if thats true she has to ask herself if that's worth it and Lee needs some other type of job on shore.
She always says she accepts all help takes a village.
I don't think her mum was that hands on but since lees mum's moved she's babysitting, feeding them, picking older 2 up from school or trampoline club/ swimming, dog sitting and feeding them .
Some weeks Its like Lee and her mum are like her carer/minder.
Lee does all the finances and bills even her tax returns.
Lee does majority shopping/ cooking and cleaning.
She says her circle of freinds has shrunk I can believe it cath seems be only constant.
I think most of her freinds were just wives of lees freinds anyway.
When she went to aviemore she took a freind beginning with l and treated them like skivvies saw them washing up.
I think she thinks if she offers then discounts/ publicity and cast off press samples they will be freinds for life.
There's quite a few we don't see anymore she used to meet chums all the time.
She's talked about 1 new freind.
She's not freinds with any local bloggers at all which I find odd.
I think after racist thing people distanced themselves especially the person who made the ill fated remark.

She doesn't seem to ever go far alone even to the shops she needs mummy.
She's incapable doing basic things like take prescribed medication or book a doctors appointment.
She dident realise the oil was low.
She leads a sort of childlike insular life where onky thing she finds joy in is dressing herself up/ walks in woods/ the dog and shopping online making Wish lists so brands will manifest what she wants.
They have no long term goals.
Impossible over pay the mortage now.
They have no savings goals anyone normal say no abroad holiday this year but next year and we will save.
She could even do savings challenges show how much she's saving towards kitchen/ holiday like normal people.
But she won't it's all smoke and mirrors surprised she's saving anything as shes compulsive spender.
The art of delayed gratification is lost on her.
The ability be happy with what she's got she always wants something else.
I just don't get impression shed happy.
Her manic moods, blatent neglect and putting out worrying videos is even more worrying she's defiantly got worse.
She use anything attention helath scare hospital visit, celeb death dog you name it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So much things you've said are right on the button @fireflies. One thing you mentioned yesterday and we have touched on before is how with having Lee home, she's become really dependent and far less able to cope with the family, running a home. If she really is crying everytime Lee goes away, she needs to get a grip. It's pretty immature as she should be more concerned for how her girls adapt to that change, but it's always about her. Looking ahead when the girls are more independent and starting to find their own feet, that change in pace and her role in the family will have a far bigger impact than anything she's seen so far in life. By that time her parents will be older, maybe requiring more support themselves. From looking at her now I can't see how she would cope tbh.

They pricked about and wasted an amazing opportunity when he stopped work. Again, just showing how immature and inexperienced they are.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
@Peeltheavocado I'm sorry you have limitations on your life, watching someone healthy & fit basically waste most of their days must be so frustrating.

If I had 2 child free days my house would be immaculate, meals for the week cooked and then I’d enjoy every other precious minute with my babies without having the monotony of those jobs hanging over me.
My husband works a lot and I love looking for different things to do with the kids, meeting up with friends & their kids that I wouldn’t do when my husband is home.

can I ask.....homework club?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So much things you've said are right on the button @fireflies. One thing you mentioned yesterday and we have touched on before is how with having Lee home, she's become really dependent and far less able to cope with the family, running a home. If she really is crying everytime Lee goes away, she needs to get a grip. It's pretty immature as she should be more concerned for how her girls adapt to that change, but it's always about her. Looking ahead when the girls are more independent and starting to find their own feet, that change in pace and her role in the family will have a far bigger impact than anything she's seen so far in life. By that time her parents will be older, maybe requiring more support themselves. From looking at her now I can't see how she would cope tbh.
The dependency is the key issue.
Clearly she could cope with 2 kids and her old house.
She went places. She had lots of freinds. They probably had more spare cash.
She cooked/ cleaned and filmed 2 to 3 videos a week.
Lee quit his job just before poppy was born
The new house would overwhelm me a little
Via her own actions some friendships have gone by the way side.
They created their own bubble which shrank even more when they moved house.
Lee and her mum act as enablers.
I don't think they can say no to her.
That video if s telling her name you just want to make her happy was telling.
So many times in vlogs you sense tension.
She says she's better than ever these days that anxiety all gone that she's won against the trolls.
She's created her very own prison/ bubble and disconnected real life connections.
The only thing that makes her happy is me time , materialistic things and her dog.
She doesn't come across as she loves parenting it's a chore.
The dog restricts their movements even more as so many places you can't take the dog.
She probably is thinking mummy and daddy will bail me out and grandad will leave me inheritance.
She has no drive or ambition.
She never wants to learn a new skill or do a course.
The gym and the leggings will disappear it's all about the dog now.

Reactions: 9
I agree with the 'it takes a village' I have a small family but we all raised the children, my sister and I could easily swap kids about and everyone would fit in well, but it involves both taking and giving. So no one else has children in her family but the wider community could use some hands on volunteering. Build your villaaaaaage give back, become involved. I think she likes her echo chamber too much.

Also, both her and Rebecca lamb have referred to it as 'this little app' is that this week's bingo phrase?

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm going to say my ten pence to Rebecca before I bail out for a while.

Rebecca. We've all had jobs were we just couldn't hack it. I trained to be a Police officer in a former life and I simply wasn't tough enough mentally to cope with it. I do not blame the people I worked with. I just wasnt the right ilk to be a successful officer . So I left, retrained and went down another path.

You've had a few good years doing a job that no longer brings you happiness. You haven't the creativity and stamina to sustain working in such a cut throat industry. That's not a criticism, it's a fact. Do not blame the people you "work with" or the online community as they are potential customers. You cannot deliver the goods so you need to cease trading.

You have a degree in retail management. Use the contacts you've made, the computer skills you've obtained, the knowledge you've gained over the past few years to carve another direction.

Abderdeen must be packed full of farm shops, garden centres, gift shops, home ware shops etc. Go for a position behind the scenes as a buyer for instance. These positions are part time and partly working from home.

No one will and should not contact any future employer about your online past. That would be really below the belt as this would be a new chapter for you. If you feel that the locals and their scrutiny is stopping you from moving forward, seriously think about selling up and moving away. I know it's the onshore thing with Lee but.....anything is really possible.

You are only 30. There is so much more to this world other comparing yourself to what others have and what you don't. By doing so and staying in the industry, you will never be happy. Start the girls "tween " years by removing them from the public eye. They will thank you if you and Lee decide to cease Meldrum Ltd now.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
If it is that bad for her mental health... stop! Why would you put yourself through that. No amount of freebies would warrant feeling that way.

• Heart
Interesting that so many of the comments on her grid post about not loving Instagram anymore echo what’s being said here. Lots of folk saying that it’s become obvious she isn’t really interested in it anymore and that she should just step away and do something else. Not “trolls” but actual genuine followers just being honest with her. It’s the end of the road for sure, I’m guessing she’s worried about what she will do next, if she’s not doing this. My advice would be just to embrace it - go out and find something fun, new, exiting and something different. Go out and get a real job, earn some real money, meet some new people and start living a real life in the real world without a phone glued to your hand. I 100% believe that if she makes this change, everything will improve for her & the whole family. Social media is having nothing but a negative effect on them, it’s time to stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
As others have said unless it’s a cleaning video of her house or walking in the woods she can’t be bothered.
Why can’t she just have a random day somewhere by herself and vlog it.
Show us some parts of Scotland.
Even Banchory for gods sake.
Go back to the old faithful home bargains shop with me/haul
Primark haul etc
They get the views

Reactions: 7
As others have said unless it’s a cleaning video of her house or walking in the woods she can’t be bothered.
Why can’t she just have a random day somewhere by herself and vlog it.
Show us some parts of Scotland.
Even Banchory for gods sake.
Go back to the old faithful home bargains shop with me/haul
Primark haul etc
They get the views
Going back to doing that kind of content would be so Boring. It’s been absolutely done to death and back again.

Reactions: 11
They both just need to grow up and accept that they have long since come to the end of the influencer road. They are never going to get back to where they were at a few years ago, not just because of their hideous behaviour but because the world of influencer marketing has moved on. There are new, more exiting people on the scene now who have taken their place. They have naturally come to the end of the road with it. Just in the same way that most of us naturally outgrow places of employment and move on to the next new thing, so to have the Meldrums. It’s just tragic that they can’t seem to accept it and just move the duck on with their lives.
I mean, really. What are they expecting to happen here? Are they expecting some miraculous turn around? It just isn’t going to happen. Her social media offering was never particularly strong, she had no real selling point and no real passion or creativity in the industry; she coasted along off the back of channel mum. It’s just over, I don’t know what more they need to see it? Is getting continually dropped by brands not enough?????

Give.it.up.
I have been thinking the same thing. It’s such a fickle industry and Lee quitting his day job was a huge mistake. Thinking that this was the type of career that could support their whole family for any sustained period of time was just plain bonkers. Even if they had a smooth ride it was still a huge risk. Many of them say it could all end tomorrow. But she wasn’t even playing things safely. They got greedy, the ads increased as the quality of their content decreased. She was rude to her followers and blocked and deleted people without a second thought. Many people who came here did so after they were swiftly booted from her community. She has been dishonest about ads, gifts and sponsorship and was caught out being particularly deceitful about DLP. There was the breast cancer scare come #ad and that time she turned up empty handed to the food bank because #paidpromotion. And then there was that little faux pas of publishing a vlog which included a racist joke and then burning her channel to the ground sooner than she would put her hands up and wholeheartedly apologise for her mistake. Yet she takes no responsibility for how things have turned out and instead of some self reflection and development, she prefers to lament about the 15 jealous head trolls that have ruined her life.

• Heart
I think she has gotton herself into this bubble she cant get out of! She puts thoughts into her own head, thinking the world is against her. I do notice she is very abrupt to her followers/subs and comes across rude but i think it’s because she simply cant be arsed anymore. Shes done so much in so many years that its now repetitive and boring! There are so much more ‘new’ youtubers out there who are actually putting the effort in!

Reactions: 9
My five year prediction for them ..
I have often thought she would fit right in with certain types of expats in the middle east.
The ones that get there, complain that they can’t find marmite, that the locals are stupid etc etc but love having a maid, shopping etc. it would be the so so so perfect life for her and I bet they would spend ever last dirham Patderella earned.

Reactions: 10
The thing is, insta is over as a full time career, she just can’t accept it as she can’t do anything else.

Honestly I think she is skint, and feeling very lost.
Trapped with a large mortgage, no spare cash other than bits and pieces she can justify as expense for vlogs/posts, even petrol costs would be too much for getting out further than the woods and local gym etc.
Getting the dog would have been a ‘speculate for accumulate’ exercise but as noted with previous comments on grooming, equipment etc I think they underestimated the additional expenses involved.
Any day to day job isn’t going to be seen as appealing or easy as her current gig but for her own mental health I think she needs to look at other options.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.