Mrs Meldrum #71 Asda, Amazon, children, dog: smashed it...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god my little boy is due to start school nursery after the summer and I’m going to miss him 😥
Last baby and all that 😂 but I love having him around and so do his siblings. I am a SAHM and he’s with me all the time.
I don’t u derstand Reb and Lee’s parenting approach at all 🤷🏻‍♀️
same! I don’t plan on sending my two year old to nursery at all. School gets enough years with them. The baby years are mine!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Why does she (or anyone) *have* to get a job though if they’re self sustainable? I think it’s safe to say they’re not claiming any state benefits (or shouldn’t be!) so they’re self sufficient within their family unit between his wage and what’s left of her earnings. They’ll pay tax. What reason is there for one of them to work more unless they want to earn more for themselves? Meldrum’s aside, I disagree with the increased focus on getting every eligible adult to work more and more hours and every child into childcare for longer and longer days. Who is actually happy in that arrangement? Not the parents usually who’d like to see more of their kids* - and certainly not the children. Some SCHOOL nurseries will have kids in 10 hour days come August. Is this what we’re doing to our children now? Is this living? It’s all to benefit the government in increased taxes, not families. I’m not bashing working families or stay at home families just bashing the politicians who want us all working until we die and having zero family time. We don’t have to accept this message that we should all be working every hour - we should be fighting back for more balance and flexibility <gets off soap box, sorry>

*please note I’m not thinking of Rebecca in this instance 😝
FULLY agree!
Also a family member is a head teacher, all this funding has to come from somewhere...... its coming out of the budget for PE, Home Economics etc etc. It has enraged me.
Ridiculous.

In effort not to derail thread I should add something about El Beggo - Rebecca you need to let the dog be alone in an area of the house for various time increments to get him used to being on his own whilst you're getting your nails done/at the hairdresser/at the gym/out for coffee with 'friends'. Oh goodness you just have so so so much on, no wonder you collapsed. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 15
After broadcasting her apparent “seizure-like” symptoms to all and sundry, I bloody hope she had informed the DVLA and isn’t driving anywhere! And I quote “I was violently shaking.... and my hands had clamped into claws....and was just violently shaking... and the same with my legs, there was like muscle spasms....” She said herself the word “seizure” in her stories and has clearly described what could be tonic-clonic movements on her latest YouTube video. She’d better not be driving anywhere until she’s been properly investigated. And if she does, she won’t have a leg to stand on with the clear evidence deeming she shouldn’t freely available on the internet if someone should report her to the DVLA. Got all the attention she wanted from her dramatics, but didn’t think of the consequences eh?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Why does she (or anyone) *have* to get a job though if they’re self sustainable? I think it’s safe to say they’re not claiming any state benefits (or shouldn’t be!) so they’re self sufficient within their family unit between his wage and what’s left of her earnings. They’ll pay tax. What reason is there for one of them to work more unless they want to earn more for themselves? Meldrum’s aside, I disagree with the increased focus on getting every eligible adult to work more and more hours and every child into childcare for longer and longer days. Who is actually happy in that arrangement? Not the parents usually who’d like to see more of their kids* - and certainly not the children. Some SCHOOL nurseries will have kids in 10 hour days come August. Is this what we’re doing to our children now? Is this living? It’s all to benefit the government in increased taxes, not families. I’m not bashing working families or stay at home families just bashing the politicians who want us all working until we die and having zero family time. We don’t have to accept this message that we should all be working every hour - we should be fighting back for more balance and flexibility <gets off soap box, sorry>

Meldrum’s specifically
😁

they constantly plead poverty - claiming they don’t have any money to buy curtains or to go on holiday etc - if there’s a fully functioning adult who CAN work and if they claim that they are short on cash then surely that’s why she should get a job? She whinged on & on about being the “sole earner” when Lee was at home and yet now she’s just transferred that all over to him while she fannys around at home doing nothing. You’d have thought that between them they would have considered that they both work to give more balance between one who’s the “sole earner” and the other - because for them it seems to be an issue. They clearly have money to send Poppy to nursery. it seems odd to me that she’s happy to just doss around like she does - I’d think differently if she was doing something productive with her time ar
I think it would do her the world of good to go out and work - even if she doesn’t need the money - she sure as all hell is in desperate need of the adult interaction that comes from being in a work environment. For her own self development and to grow as a person, going to do an honest days work and being held accountable would do her the power of good.

I fully agree that as a country, there is a massive imbalance between work and home life and for sure don’t agree with working for the sake of if - my comment above is solely related to the Meldrums. 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The logic is, Lee clearly wont have a breakdown managing 3 kids plus one dog so surely Beggy should work instead and let Lee stay home

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I wouldn’t ever take an unvaccinated puppy into Ride cafe, it’s a nice dog friendly friendly space, one reason why I wouldn’t eat there! But you can’t guarantee that unvaccinated dogs haven’t been in there. She can’t possible hold it all of the time, what does she do when it needs a pee? 🤔it’s not worth the risk🐶
just had a thought 💡 she recently got very upset because Poppy wouldn’t sit nicely so that she could spend hours nattering to chums over coffee and cake remember ? so she is training puppy to sit nicely so she can resume coffee, cake chat n chums whilst she puts the now unwanted feral child in nursery , now she can be truly happy again doing what she loves ... ...

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Maybe Louise Pentland could give her a job in her soft office, that might work :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Betty has said everything I was going to. The nursery time is great for working parents but I do agree there is a bigger issue to be discussed there.

However I think Rebecca would benefit massively from some life experience, interaction with people from different walks of life and just a sense of normality. It is very unusual for a 30 year old to have NO work experience and it shows in her lack of ability to empathise, take any form of criticism or cope with the most basic tasks.
I’m a couple of years older than her and I would be bored to tears if 2 of my children were at school all day and I spent my days the way she does.

Reactions: 19
Betty has said everything I was going to. The nursery time is great for working parents but I do agree there is a bigger issue to be discussed there.

However I think Rebecca would benefit massively from some life experience, interaction with people from different walks of life and just a sense of normality. It is very unusual for a 30 year old to have NO work experience and it shows in her lack of ability to empathise, take any form of criticism or cope with the most basic tasks.
I’m a couple of years older than her and I would be bored to tears if 2 of my children were at school all day and I spent my days the way she does.
Agree. I suppose I could rephrase to say “do
Something with all that child care time (which let’s face it she will take) an do
Something other than make boomerangs”, it doesn’t have to be a job but if she had any self respect she would do something other than piss about. She’s not going to be at home with the wee one so why not. Job, volunteer, education , whatever it may be she’s basically getting 30
Hours a week to do something productive .

Reactions: 9

I would be very surprised if they weren’t claiming child benefit! The income for her company is always strangely low and Lee is self employed so should be able to be creative with his declared earnings:eek::m

Reactions: 7
In aberdeen and shire, from August 2020, every single 3 and 4 year old will be eligible for 30 free hours of childcare no matter what income or circumstances are

Reactions: 3

I agree with this wholeheartedly- you are my favourite bastard today 🥇

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why is a dog being "comfortable" in a cafe a thing? I didnt realise u could actually take dogs into most cafes🤷‍♀️. That would put me off😂. Poor poppy, unless her behaviour is absolutely wild which they dont show, they are setting themselves up for some real bonding issues with that wee girl.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So ultimately she had a bad panic attack? Probably from the realisation hitting of the amount of work required in raising the girls, the dog and the house when lee is away. No tit sherlock, maybe she might start to think her rash decisions through a little more??!
Maybe it's the realisation of all the debt she's incurred, now the Meldrum empire's crumbling.I'm sure she'd soon offload the kids and dog on somebody,so don't think that would faze her tbh.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.