Mrs Meldrum #65 Rebecca did not write that message, she was in Pizza Express in Woking that day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont understand why they bought the house if she hates it so much? And lets face it the only thing she likes about it is the so called prestigious location and size. Why would you buy a house if none of the rooms work for you? The kitchen is a key part of the home IMO and Ive never bought a house if I hated the kitchen!
One minute she’s knocking down the wall between the kitchen and family room and next she’s blocking it up??!! Admittedly I fast forward a lot so may have missed her explanation.
Did they not think about being able to see the kids in the garden when they viewed the house??!
I suspect they rushed into this purchase and now have a bad case of buyers remorse.
I think it’s quite telling that she says “This house is so so so perfect for us and “if we didn’t have to we could never move”.
ie
they can’t really afford it and if they can’t afford to do all the totally crazy changes she wants she will want to move.

My dear old Dad would have called her a fur coat and no knickers girl and he’d be spot on!!
Many people would consider themselves very lucky to have a house that size and although its not my style etc I think it’s perfectly fine and with a bit of decent decor could be a lovely family home but she’s so spoiled she will never see that. ( although I could never buy a house where someone was murdered but that’s just me)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You mean the house they put a low ball offer on and got laughed away? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oh really? Tell us more?

I really cannot comprehend why they bought that house. It wasn't cheap. It has a very recent tragic history. The only redeeming feature is that Mummy and Daddy live a few doors down.

Reactions: 4
There's so many nicer houses locally
All less than what she paid.

So many mansions.
Being non Scottish do most of houses have low eaves and dorma style Windows is that planning laws?
Also noticed so many houses have wood overload.
So same floor door and Windows as the meldrums.
I love a bit of wood me but seems like so much Orange.

What's so special about inchmarlo?
Was their last house near there?
Is the gardens a new build estate?
Seems so much choice up there and so cheap compared to down south.
Wow. Those houses are amazing. Wouldn't need any work doing either.

Exactly. What is so special about the postcode? I thought all of that area around Banchory was desirable?

Reactions: 8
Some people are never happy with what they have. Mrs Meldrum is one of those people.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I really think she should work with what she’s got. Why buy a house like that when it’s clearly difficult to have an open plan kitchen! I don’t get this obsession with open plan kitchens. Aren’t they really noisy? I always have to have the kitchen door shut when the kettle is boiling or dishes are being done or the cooker hood is on as you can’t hear anything in the living room over it all.

She should make the play room into a proper dining room. It will be absolutely lovely for Christmas with a big table, side boards even a tv on wall if she wanted. Think of the lovely table setting you could have!

She just wants to fit in with all the other insta mums and have an open plan kitchen which is a bit boring now! They also don’t really cook much so I don’t see why the kitchen is very important. Like everything else it’s just keeping up with the Joneses.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The cannons aren’t old though - only late 50s so it could be 30 years before they go and leave the girls the property..... I don’t think Edgy can wait until she’s in her 60s for her bleeping bi-folding doors...!
And the girls and Tiggy could have their own families by then. More slices to that pie to be divided up.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yea i think so actually When they were in Edinburgh she said “the city centre flat” as if it were her own, as oppose to tourist Digs. I guess if you stand to inherit a share of property portfolio you probably really don’t ever need to worry about getting a normal job 🤷‍♀️
I wouldn’t go on that to say they own it, more Rebby just being a cocunt!!! I thought that was one of the reasons mouse couldn’t go because a it was in the city ( and he’s a country cat just like Rebby 🤪) and b because it was rented? However, I could be wrong,I usually am!🤣😂🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

And the girls and Tiggy could have their own families by then. More slices to that pie to be divided up.
Plus remember life isn’t that straight forward, people become ill and need care, people die/remarry, lots of life events can happen that you never see coming. Never ever a good idea relying on an inheritance that might come to you.

I really think she should work with what she’s got. Why buy a house like that when it’s clearly difficult to have an open plan kitchen! I don’t get this obsession with open plan kitchens. Aren’t they really noisy? I always have to have the kitchen door shut when the kettle is boiling or dishes are being done or the cooker hood is on as you can’t hear anything in the living room over it all.

She should make the play room into a proper dining room. It will be absolutely lovely for Christmas with a big table, side boards even a tv on wall if she wanted. Think of the lovely table setting you could have!

She just wants to fit in with all the other insta mums and have an open plan kitchen which is a bit boring now! They also don’t really cook much so I don’t see why the kitchen is very important. Like everything else it’s just keeping up with the Joneses.
Yes!! She likes traditional she said so why try and be modern? The playroom doesn’t get used so bin it! The family room can become part play room/ teenage room. As you said dining room could be lovely. Save and just put a new kitchen in with breakfast seating area! Seriously a new floor and new doors/sink and it would look lovely! She does have nice taste when she chooses stuff and isn’t limited to free crap! Her old house in the early days was lovely! ludicrous to get into spending that much on a house they already spent a lot of money on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
She only wants to rearrange her layout as all potential burglars know her floor plan inside out and she needs a new place to keep her passports!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She just wants an instagramable house like all the other middle class instamums she aspires to be like. That video was another poorly judged one considering her audience. My diamond shoes are too tight!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She just wants an instagramable house like all the other middle class instamums she aspires to be like. That video was another poorly judged one considering her audience. My diamond shoes are too tight!!
It certainly showed princess in her grabby entitled life ignorant to what most families have the comments were not all positive.
Lol at comment if you beleive in positive things then they will happen and manifest themselves.

Idea next title house plans delusions grandeur manifesting #no money £1.50 to my name# pointless engagement # never going to happen!

Attachments

Reactions: 6
On the back of her showing how charitable she is getting the sheep to donate to help people who can’t buy shoes/clothes etc! She’s bleating about not liking her kitchen in her 600k house!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 20
She only wants to rearrange her layout as all potential burglars know her floor plan inside out and she needs a new place to keep her passports!
She's ok because a company kindly gifted some security cameras.
Less showed the angle of most of them
We had pictures of house all directions
There s handy gate at back of garden the burglers can use.
Rami only lives down the road any trouble.
It's quite possible some organised gangs could disable cameras either by cutting power or jamming signal.
Influencers and celebs who show too much must be idea for them as gives them a shopping lost,layout, when they on holiday or out.

Reactions: 9
She's ok because a company kindly gifted some security cameras.
Less showed the angle of most of them
We had pictures of house all directions
There s handy gate at back of garden the burglers can use.
Rami only lives down the road any trouble.
It's quite possible some organised gangs could disable cameras either by cutting power or jamming signal.
Influencers and celebs who show too much must be idea for them as gives them a shopping lost,layout, when they on holiday or out.
Yes, but who would want to steal a load of mismatched furniture and a pile of dirty gym leggings. They don't seem to have much else that's worth the hassle of breaking in😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
For sure. 😊

I waited 11 years and only got a new kitchen cos insurance had to give me some cash as the bloody bathroom flooded above when a mains water pipe burst and the kitchen roof fell in.. I wouldn't recommend the experience. 🙄 I've still got stuff in storage. There was so much water on the ground floor, the cat food bowls were floating!

Someone send in United nations to save Matilda... 😂
Don’t give her any ideas about an insurance job...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I dont like the house, however, i do think the family room looks the nicest. She needs to admit, like unmumsy mum, that the blue was a mistake. Repaint a light colour and then it will start to flow a it better.

Reactions: 9
I dont like the house, however, i do think the family room looks the nicest. She needs to admit, like unmumsy mum, that the blue was a mistake. Repaint a light colour and then it will start to flow a it better.
Really enjoying sarahs (unmunmsy mum renovation account) her new kitchen living space looks fab.
Her house was much worse state and it's a challenge renovating whilst living in it.

Did she paint a room blue in old house.
It was massive trend.
Works if you just do 1 wall.
There was another blogger who regretted going dark Alice in scandiland.
I wonder why rebs gone off grown up living room?.
They rushed that front room and it shows.
I assume farrow and ball dident gift hence why she said they were not worth the money.
I prefer oval room blue or inchera.
We went dark green lounge but we have period house high ceilings we kept all othet rooms downstairs brilliant white.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.