Mrs Meldrum #60 Edgy and Pat off to the sun, hurry up nana and take the feral one!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact that Lexus have now deleted their comment on Instagram says it all

I’d say this will be the first & last time the Meldrums get invited to work with Lexus....!

Can you imagine, everyone who is there - influencers & Lexus PR staff will now be talking about this Meldrum blunder! Awkward!!!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

You know I think it’s actually more Lexus at fault here.

Meldrums still total knobbers of course, but what car manufacturer in their right mind would match a day of driving with a trip to a booze factory.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
This whole Lexus weekend is like a nightmare episode of The Apprentice. Imagine Sir Alan talking to the PR guy: ‘You hired racist influencers the Meldrums, who can’t even label their ads correctly let alone give info on car specs, and then you took them wine tasting before a test drive. Then tried to justify your decisions on social media really badly.’
He would, most definitely, be fired.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
duck me, possibly the wankiest reply I've ever seen from a brand. :ROFLMAO:
Alcohol and cars should NOT be mentioned in the same sentence. Have Lexus any idea the devastation that can be caused by drink driving??? To show “influencers”/ buffoons necking back ( artisan) wines then driving???Even having them in the same ad campaign.... If anyone at Lexus would like to see the result of drink driving then I’d be more than happy to take them to work with me.... let them sit in when I’m telling someone their loved one has succumbed to devastating injuries..... dear god, they’ve just set the drink driving campaigns back about 30 years......

• Sad
Reactions: 33
This whole Lexus weekend is like a nightmare episode of The Apprentice. Imagine Sir Alan talking to the PR guy: ‘You hired racist influencers the Meldrums, who can’t even label their ads correctly let alone give info on car specs, and then you took them wine tasting before a test drive. Then tried to justify your decisions on social media really badly.’
He would, most definitely, be fired.
Think a lot of us had a feeling this would be a shitstorm. Even before the brand was known. 🙄

Reactions: 21
Lexus have deleted the whole conversation from their Instagram now
That says a hell of a lot.

Even without Poppy, I don't think they'll have a great night's sleep tonight. Stupid, stupid people. I take it the other influencers had not published stories like the Meldrum Dimwits?

Reactions: 13
Even without the Meldumbs: what the f is wrong with Lexus? Whoever is in charge of that press trip deserves to be fired 🤦🏼‍♀️ Or at least be forced to educate themself on all the horrible accidents that happen while drunk driving.
This has me fuming!!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Was it the unpaid intern on his/her last week and an axe to grind about not being offered a paid job at the end of it who organised this trip?!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Alcohol and cars should NOT be mentioned in the same sentence. Have Lexus any idea the devastation that can be caused by drink driving??? To show “influencers”/ buffoons necking back ( artisan) wines then driving???Even having them in the same ad campaign.... If anyone at Lexus would like to see the result of drink driving then I’d be more than happy to take them to work with me.... let them sit in when I’m telling someone their loved one has succumbed to devastating injuries..... dear god, they’ve just set the drink driving campaigns back about 30 years......
Exactly this 👆 Lexus are as bad if not worse than shady and her crew.

I know first hand how devastating drink driving can be on a family.

• Sad
  • Angry
Forget the Meldrum for a min. I am SO angry at the stupidity of Lexus!!! Absolute PR disaster....

Sooo I’ve finally been blocked from Mrs Meldrum insta and you know why you bunch of bastards .. because I asked “why are you labelling this trip as “press trip” and not “AD” like the rest of the influencers who are there?”

Now I have commented some questionable tit in my time, some bordering on insults but this is what gets me blocked?? ARE YOU bleeping KIDDING REBECCA??

I ask a normal question and you block me?? You absolute scum bag

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Exactly this 👆 Lexus are as bad if not worse than shady and her crew.

I know first hand how devastating drink driving can be on a family.
I am so sorry for you, I cannot believe someone at Lexus sat there thinking “oh I know let’s get some influencers , give them powerful cars then treat them to a wine tasting”...... absolute bunch of dickheads!!!

• Wow
Can I just ask

What the duck is she wearing today?!!!

White, 1 shoulder top - hellllooo 1999 called and wants it’s clothes back!

Which OAP did she rob those shorts from?!

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I don’t know why brands aren’t asking for more than media packs when they choose influencers. Her undisclosed ads and racism tit storm should be disclosed. The only way the ASA are going to stop the likes of her is if their channel or page is shut down. Any decent PR company wouldn’t be taking either of them on.

Sooo I’ve finally been blocked from Mrs Meldrum insta and you know why you bunch of bastards .. because I asked “why are you labelling this trip as “press trip” and not “AD” like the rest of the influencers who are there?”

Now I have commented some questionable tit in my time, some bordering on insults but this is what gets me blocked?? ARE YOU bleeping KIDDING REBECCA??

I ask a normal question and you block me?? You absolute scum bag
i guess she feels she isn't partnering with the brand because it's lee's thing, therefore she isn't advertising it, she's just on a jolly as she said.

what a miserable existence for them, they can't even enjoy a free holiday (it's so clear they're not enjoying life, and who would when you have to watch your insta all the time to delete and block)

Reactions: 9
Apologies for essay feel like i have to get a few things off my chest.
Been out for few hours so just catching up.
I saw the tit show that was the comments section of Lexus UK I see sheep are in attack mode like organix food and neilsons before that.

I would like to point out to any flying monkeys that may visit here.
I haven't commented on Lexus insta page or facebook.
I haven't private messaged them.
I am not on lee or rebbecas Instagram
I have not direct messaged them.
All I have done is make factual commentary on here about stories they put out.
Therefore I am not a TROLL as noticed they copied and pasted a post from here and added it to Lexus comments.

For all their desire to control their insta limiting comments block and delete.
Anyone can veiw stories elsewhere its all public.
They share a lot of same posts in facebook group which is open and public.
If I go you tube channel and see all about them I can click on her insta and see grid pics but not all comments without signing in.
I haven't gone to effort create a fake troll account.

Lexus god where do I start.
I assume the given each of the UK infleunecers discretion over what they post. Might be agreement how many grid posts perhaps.
However stories really do vary
They don't seem to have any control over frequency of stories or content.
The prideux have hardly uploaded any stories all day.
Chloe has storied all day and done a wonderful job.
Her kids genuinally seem to be having a lovely time and they acting like grown up responsible professional parents on a work trip they haven't done anything to shame themselves or the brand.
They have labelled correctly and been honest.
Greatful. They haven't acted like meldrum teenagers.
I get impression restaurant was very spread out and she wandered round showed it all said how lovely it all was.
Her son's super cute and dare say he's had more fun with Lexus than safaya had on the piste basher. He made me laugh on stories mentioning now.
The difference in quality is night and day.
I reckon liza sat different part of restaurant as shes been really careful not to pose with them or mention them in comments.
She being channel mum knows what they all about and has done well create distance.

The statement Lexus put out is odd.
Surely hiring infleunecers to represent their brand involved a business contract and you would assume element of faith or trust that thet would do a good job.
But that statement makes it sound like they don't trust their infleunecers to be restrained not drink or manage their drink or why breath test guests ie influencers
It's most peculiar.

Other infleunecers events I seen mostly been central London whwre infleunecers taken public transport or had car pick them up.
I would expect alchol be available at say influencer award lunch or dinner and I assume other brands dont breath test their infleunecers.
They really missing the context driving cars plus wine testing is not great idea.

Back to the meldrum
They haven't deleted their boozy pics or stories.
I'm doubtful they were had breath test this morning before they got in car after drinking last night.
I don't know what limit is of 1 sangria
I don't know if rebecca had more than 1 sangria yesterday.
All I know is this morning she said she drove the car they dident get it until 4pm and the meal i guess started around 8 or 9.
So i don't know for sure she was over the limit when she had a drink yesterday then drove.

I assume lee dident drink silly amount alchol last night and was still over the limit this morning all depends on so many factors if they are with it, their tiny size, the number of hours passed it takes to process it.

He quite rightfully said before he went in wine place he wasent drinking and driving.
But the stories I think he wasent drinking he was doing this to create drama here and they were laughing at us.
But their fans may have assumed they were drinking.

We will never know for sure but their stories have been reckless even if was non alcoholic apple juice it made them look like unprofessional reckless and I doubt Lexus are happy with negative publicity they wouldent have got if they were not being idiots on stories.
I'm embarrassed for them!

They made it clear on insta and vlogs that they quite a boozy family.
They never miss a opportunity to have a drink or get free booze.
Always product placing Bollinger gin and boomerang eveb when at rock bottom of drinking booze.
He's always got a beer or gin in the go at home yet living really they must drive frequently.
I assume he always drives as reb likes a drink like girls weekend away where she got drunk and started goading tattle and giggling how edgy she was.
It's beyond sad.

I guess as shes over 30k shes a celebrity.
Is there any laws around responsible advertising? Promoting or joking about drink driving is poor taste.
Ironically twice they said stories you can't drink and drive yet their actions after that and timeline of many photos implies they possibly did.
Or is the loophole its happening outside of UK so outside asa remit.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.