Mrs Meldrum #59 Meld, Meld, Meld...can you link those leggings hun’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don’t get is that how she isn’t putting 2 and 2 together that living a constant charade is also making her knackered , and how they have the energy to keep it up indefinitely rather than just make sacrifices and down size/ change their set up. I know there are days when I struggle with it all (day job, mothering, child care , home the usual) and I think Christ, I’d rather be skint and have less to do, less responsibilities than carry this on for years. I don’t have the luxury of that choice because my job pays well and is really flexible, I can’t give that up.. but they do as if they just need to drop the off shore gig (and allowances ) and both work on shore . They will age themselves prematurely for the sake of keeping up with the Jones’s. I know i know, what would has do and who would have her but if she really tried she could get into something especially with school / childcare in place. Like instead of using day off to
Film a sit down video she could do a course, or work shadow . Never gonna happen is it.

Reactions: 17
I honestly think she should go get a job in the real world, just so she can begin to understand how easy she has it. The daft cow has never even had a job and has absolutely no idea. I would love to see how long she lasts having to do nursery drop offs every morning before work and pick ups after, THEN come home to cook and clean.

I have had to unfollow so many of these mum instagrammers for the constant bloody moaning on stories. The other day one mum was bloody moaning about a washing machine delivery (not going to name her, but if you no you know) she also tagged that brand into every story, why?????? clearly for a free washing machine. Can't stand the desperation for freebies all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
A 2/3 rota is a coushty number! But I do agree that he needs time to wind down when he gets home, 12 hour shifts and rigs are noisy so difficult to sleep too. I know many whose have a 48 hour rule of no nagging etc. and make sure it's easier dinners and time to enjoy each other before getting stuck back into the routines. I work a 40 hour week (min) and have top manage the childcare and after school activities while my husband works adhoc, he is away for weeks at a time and only home 1 week a month on average. I will we had Lee's set up and think it would be much better for family routine.

Reactions: 16
I honestly think she should go get a job in the real world, just so she can begin to understand how easy she has it. The daft cow has never even had a job and has absolutely no idea. I would love to see how long she lasts having to do nursery drop offs every morning before work and pick ups after, THEN come home to cook and clean.

I have had to unfollow so many of these mum instagrammers for the constant bloody moaning on stories. The other day one mum was bloody moaning about a washing machine delivery (not going to name her, but if you no you know) she also tagged that brand into every story, why?????? clearly for a free washing machine. Can't stand the desperation for freebies all the time.
You are so right, she needs to live it for a while so she has even a little bit of understanding. She currently has absolutely no ability to put herself in other people’s shoes and is completely lacking in empathy. She has even said herself that she knows other people have it much harder but she can’t comment on that, she can only share her reality. I have heard her say that more than once in response to someone putting things into perspective for her but the self absorbed muppet can’t help herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Maybe instead of taking pictures and posting on instagram about how tired you are try and sleep while poppy is sleeping or at least has her eyes closed 🙈

Reactions: 15
Isn’t today Poppy’s appt at the hospital too?

My moneys on “well that was a bloody waste of time”

Or

“They said they couldn’t believe how well I cope with it all and the lack of sleep so they did, didn’t they Lee?!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Oh my god she does my head in!! Entitled twit. Her life is sooooo easy! I’m lucky enough not to have to work outside the home at the moment but I have my 2 grandkids 3 days a week, my son is at secondary school and busy like most 12/13 yr olds and my husband travels with work all the time. Funnily enough i appreciate how lucky I am to be in this position and don’t moan about how hard my life is!
When my kids (the grown up ones!) were Grabeggar’s kids ages, I was working 12 hour shifts as a nurse with my hubby travelling to Asia all the time. I just got on with it like 99% of the rest of the population. I didn't moan CONSTANTLY about being tired.
Rebecca you sanctimonious, entitled, lazy princess you have NO IDEA how easy you have it. Here‘s a suggestion:

Poppy not sleeping- get her outside in fresh air- plenty of its where you live- don’t let her nap, give her some proper attention, feed her healthy food and give her a strict bedtime routine.

Your tired and allegedly anaemic: so take the iron the DR prescribed. Believe it or not you dumbass, if you eat fruit, veg and drink plenty of water you will not get constipated due to iron tablets ( if that’s your reason for not taking them).

Maybe spend a little less time at the gym, getting your nails done, and having “cheeky coffees” and do something productive with your day, like volunteer at school, offer to make the teas/coffees or wash up at Poppy’s playgroup (I run a toddler group and the ladies that do the teas and wash up are a godsend!), you know actually GIVE SOMETHING BACK for all the bloody freebies you get given and then you know what - you might a) have some interesting content to your deathly dull vlogs and b) might feel more satisfied with your (very priviliged and entitled) life instead of constantly chasing more more more.

A better idea for your whole family especially your kids would be to give up the whole instagram, YouTube gig because you’re crap at it and your kids deserve privacy and a proper fun childhood that isn’t shared with 100K people and based on whatever freebies you can blag.

Rant over!!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
A few years ago there was talk that 2 on 3 off was “the way the industry is going”, however I’m yet to actually meet anyone else who does that rota so I would tend to agree with you there. I think my dad maybe had that for a while in the early 90s, but those were the good old days I guess. My husband has been 3 on 1 off for the best part of a year, poor poor me I’m so so so so tired.
He had it before though, back when she first started YT, it’s always been his shift pattern, I wonder how he manages to get such cushy rotations?

Reactions: 10
Why doesn't she understand that most adults - if able - work? Why does she feel that "Influencing" was her right? Why does she think she would be relatable for life? Why? Too many questions!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
He had it before though, back when she first started YT, it’s always been his shift pattern, I wonder how he manages to get such cushy rotations?
I think he’ll be contracting rather than actually working for Shell. He won’t be core crew.

Reactions: 11
View attachment 49033Wonder if this is a dig at Reb! Can’t post the second story (phone problems) but it’s the ASA flowchart
The reason I love Foodie Quine she has a proper career she develops recipes , writes for magazines etc does cookery classes she is intelligent and knows what she is speaking about plus she interacts with her followers

Reactions: 14
Please keep it about the meldrums. Lots of tiny commentary accounts that insert themselves and aren't relivant have been spammed across the forum.

They're offtopic as to keep the forum running well for everyone.
I agree, why is it becoming about other Insta Mums? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Absolutely this!! She took it for granted her followers would blindly support her and her 20 ads a day without putting any effort in to continuing that relationship.......only replying when it’s an ad, she needs engagement or to be rude.
There are other people I followed who left jobs to do social media full time and while I don’t follow most of them now because they become so unrelatable they at least take time to reply to comments, etc.
I don’t actually think she has learnt though, she’s very bitter and still blames other people for her downfall.

Lee seems to have accepted their new reality and while he’s posted about missing his family to me it’s never came across bitter. From his posts this week he actually seems to be enjoying off shore life again! 😂
If my husband was leaving our kids 2 weeks at a time to give me the privilege of staying at home and my attitude was even a fraction of Rebecca’s he would very quickly be getting me told!
It’ll be interesting to watch their relationship play out if this continues.
If you keep doing same thing you will always get same results.
This is why rebbecca channels have grown so slowly and time and time she messed up by low engagment with her followers , block and delete,recycled content, negative publicity, lack of infleuncer peers freinds/ support sarah this mama life doesnt really help.

I vaguely remember the I quit my job vlog it was around the time I started to go off her and wasent relatable.
The finances dident stack up for me that was before I realised holidays and other things were free and they only owner half their house.
She said they riding the wave and seeing where it goes and her sole income matched lees old off shore wage.
I really liked their old house it was lovely.
I loved the new kitchen and felt the snug and 4th bedroom was a useful addition they had 4 beds 2 bathrooms kitchen big enough to eat in, nice big hallway,2 reception and big garden.
Most people loved and would have loved their home and lifestyle at that time.

Fast foward 2.5 yurrs or 3 years reb says lees been at home.
Their lifestyle has become more extravagant along with their sense of self importance.
There's fine line between confidence and arrogance.
She seldom comes across as greatful or empathetic just smug and spoilt.
Her engagement levels are poor in relation to followers.
She has no real upload schedule any more.
Every videos a badly edited vlog.
She doesn't realise her fans on you tube maybe dont follow her on insta.
If they do follow her insta as well then vlogs are all things we seen before on stories.
She has no creativity shes always asking advice but never listening.
You cant help people who dont want to help themselves.
It's frustrating watch a grown adult and parent make so many mistakes and not learn from them.
She can't take constructive criticism.
She can't engage or empathise with followers with different lives or income.
The bubble as burst on infleuncer industry.
I do think in time it will become more darwinian only the strongest will survive.
Meldrums been heavily affected by new rules of declaring everything as we all remember their petulant tantrum and social media comments at the time lees ringing the CSA which was odd her being the main infleuncer and being the sole earner.
I think so many are users on insta are fed up.
All those whose husband quit their jobs lamb,prideux and murnane will struggle as they no longer interesting or relatable.

They never fixed the roof whilst sun was shining.
As far as I know financial whizzkid lee dident invest their higher earning years in various different baskets
They say they ploughed all their money into home improvement at old house then promptly moved.
They them overpaid for mortgage on murder mansion and theres no money in the pot to do any substantial renovations or buy their own rugs/carpets/curtains or even paint!
That's 25 years high mortgage owning a whole house thats too big for their needs.
The cost of that is either lee works off shore or they both work and pay childcare
It could prove tricky to sell.
There's no telling how housing market or UK economy will fare after brexit.
They lived for the moment, they never thought ahead, retrained.
We thankfully were spared meldrum merch!
The book was stinker she dident promote properly wonder what sales and chart position is now.
Did daddy and me make it to print.
All eggs 1 basket. Never diversified all their income was from socail media thats what was stressful.
Maybe if they had paid for proper management and or advice they could have salvaged thier crumbling empire.
He needs stop overpaying mortgage and build up savings again.
They need to readjust their lifestyle and expectations as they now earn less.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It's interesting that we get no info about how the girls feel about their dad being away for 2 weeks. It's all me me me.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Going to be honest, my daughter at 7/8 still dressed like a young girl, not like S admittedly, but I personally don’t like little girls dressing like teenagers until they are them, just personal preference. Having said that my daughter would wear jeans, boots, etc, a but more age appropriate and certainly didn’t have all the bloody bows!

Going to be honest, my daughter at 7/8 still dressed like a young girl, not like S admittedly, but I personally don’t like little girls dressing like teenagers until they are them, just personal preference. Having said that my daughter would wear jeans, boots, etc, a but more age appropriate and certainly didn’t have all the bloody bows!
Absolutely. Not advocating that she dresses her like a teenager but she definitely dresses her in clothes that are very babyish.
At 8 you’d imagine she would be in jeans/leggings/boots/trainers etc not silly dress up style tutus and silly glittery plimsoles. She dresses the kids like they are off to a toddlers party.
Safiyah in particular is at that age where fitting in with her peers is becoming more important- your mum dressing you like your wee sister isn’t really the best!!!!

Reactions: 10
Those who have partners who work offshore, I am taking a guess they are quite tired when they get back home after a couple of weeks on the rigs presumably working 12 hour shifts..because I have a feeling that as soon as Mr M walks through the door he is going to get handed all childcare, and housework duties !!! She needs to get over it ,she can't be going around in a huff every 3 weeks when he goes back to work , its what they did before and it is what is paying their bills. She needs to get on with it and suck it up.
👍👏

Do other rig wives call it choppers eve.
Why share a pic of freinds on stories when we know how rude she treated Lisa kudrow last year at Gleneagles.
Taking her pic when she said no and saying she not aged well.
That skirt Primark is that same one poppy got given but cheaper.
As looks like adult section to me.
If shes swipe up link to buying gruffalo tickets surely that's the given proof its an AD and ASA should complain to her an Aberdeen performing arts theatre for breaching the rules yet again on least 10 free tickets shes had from them!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
You are so right, she needs to live it for a while so she has even a little bit of understanding. She currently has absolutely no ability to put herself in other people’s shoes and is completely lacking in empathy. She has even said herself that she knows other people have it much harder but she can’t comment on that, she can only share her reality. I have heard her say that more than once in response to someone putting things into perspective for her but the self absorbed muppet can’t help herself.
Not going to happen sadly , she has a narcissist personality not sure if she is capable of empathy , her whole life is Rebecca , what she wants she will get I think she is well practiced at emotional blackmail , she uses people because she can , she is using her own bairns, to get brand work/freebies and for engagement without those bairns she has no content it’s the bairns that are earning not her or Lee not that she will ever acknowledge this , truth is not a necessity for reb or for many of these influencers if they were truthful they would be without followers !

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.