Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So clearly oak furniture expect 1 vlog and 1 Insta square in return for kindly gifting.
It's an add plain and simple

Would love her list total amount of freebies and cost by the side.

Once again none of the sheep have asked why shes been gifted them.
My feeling is she had an undeclared relationship with them in the old house.

Why did they keep going on about going for another walk.

I still hate the dining table shes picked seems really dated.

I hope they dont pick same colour i want to paint my new living room.

Reactions: 2
Desenio whole business model is based on gifting influencers.
As never heard of it before i started watching you tube.

B&Q paint is not same as farrow and ball.
Whys lee so exited about painting.
Don’t shoot me but I prefer dulux to F&B! ? but surely some paint company can gift them some paint... they are after all a young Scottish family struggling to survive!!

Reactions: 5
Don’t shoot me but I prefer dulux to F&B! ? but surely some paint company can gift them some paint... they are after all a young Scottish family struggling to survive!!
Struggling indeed!! Didn’t realise how sad it was until now?until I came here, everything kindly gifted, they have some nerve?

Reactions: 3
I see many people are suggesting Desenio :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm a little surprised she hasn't got on the Valspar gifted paint train.
Me too!!! Did wonder as I thought they would go for a statement wall of mustard/navy

If he’s bought dulux grey paint then the shade ‘goose down’ has got to be the one!!!

I linked to an interesting podcast on the last thread from the ASA. It’s up on their twitter account if anyone is interested (episode 2).

So in it they said that in order to be an ad it has to fulfill two criteria. 1) Has the influencer been paid? This doesn’t just include money, this can be gifts etc 2) does the brand have any content control? (I.e. a certain number of videos/posts, the flogger has to say/write certain things etc.

Crutially it has to tick both of those boxes in order to be considered an ad. For me this means two things. 1) The rules and regulations just aren’t strict enough. They’re not fit for purpose and the ASA and CMA are failing to keep up with how fast the industry is changing. 2) the floggers (and brands) have taken every opportunity to use and abuse this ‘loophole’ for far too long.
That doesn’t reflect their new rules and guidelines which does mention that gifts, affiliate links etc. must be declared as adverts.

Reactions: 1
Getting on the f&b train means she’s up there with the bloggers she aspires to though. Some of them got sent the new f&b colour samples recently and I think a lot of them are people she follows and aspires to be like. She’d love to move away from the oak furniture land and home bargains hauls and get the same level of middle class freebie as they do.... like Neptune kitchens per se!

I’m guessing Hague blue or stiffkey blue in the living room!

Reactions: 7
I wonder if any of these mums stop and think just for one minute about the impact on our planet their constant consumerism has or the affect on their children’s health all the new stuff they constantly bring into the house has? All the rugs/sofas/toys etc, all gave glues/materials giving off fumes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Shouldn’t this post have a big #AD next to it? I feel like she is trying to replace ‘sent this to you to advertise it on your social media therefore it’s an ADVERTISEMENT’ with ‘kindly gifted.’

Let’s put it this way - if you didn’t pay for it with your own money (does she even know what that is) then it’s a bloody AD.
Anyone agree?

Reactions: 19
Let’s put it this way - if you didn’t pay for it with your own money (does she even know what that is) then it’s a bloody AD.
Anyone agree?
I cant believe they pull this stunt so soon after dlp fiasco and too many ads

Reactions: 5
Shouldn’t this post have a big #AD next to it? I feel like she is trying to replace ‘sent this to you to advertise it on your social media therefore it’s an ADVERTISEMENT’ with ‘kindly gifted.’

But she also says our new furniture in here, not all the furniture but that one in there isn’t that also misleading? It’s just not that furniture in there is it?

But she also says our new furniture in here, not all the furniture but that one in there isn’t that also misleading? It’s just not that furniture in there is it?
Deliberately vague
Might be deleted
Doubt asa will care

Louise Pentland doing the kindly gifted/it’s not spon on stories too. I love how they tell us the rules though. Errr, we’ve read the ASA guide. Who you trying to convince?

ASA aren’t really doing a great job at reinforcing that influencer guide though, are they? We need Martin Lewis!

Reactions: 1
From the ASA twitter feed. And this is from the ones that claim to actually understand the rules. This is what we are dealing with folks ??‍♀
FEC32EEB-D295-4BF1-91F4-5B38CD76E167.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Deliberately vague
Might be deleted
Doubt asa will care
Might ask furniture land just how much exactly they have donated to them, and if with a house worth as much as it does, if it wouldn’t been more appropriate to donate to a more worthy cause?!? Are they so desperate to get everything for free??? And why might I ask, why?!!

Reactions: 7
" Mrs Meldrum " ......I began watching when I became aware how much she was "influencing " my niece who is a young mum , living in the same area ,with children of similar ages to Florence and Poppy . I was going to buy her a changing bag and she wanted the one Rebecca had enthused about - she was clear it had been a gift but later sold it on a local selling site . I always assumed a lot of their life was a facade and being local could see the reality in many aspects .It has been sad for me to watch my niece and her peers trying to emulate a contrived , shallow and unrealistic lifestyle . The tipping point for me was " He nearly died " . Like many others in the community , my partner works offshore and when there is an incident it affects us all . My initial sympathy turned to horror when I realised it was clickbait - yes , frightening for them , but not a near death experience and definitely irresponsible to be so high drama . I think Rebecca is ambitious and driven but lacks empathy and understanding with no sense of responsibility to those she is targeting . Sad .
I honestly don’t understand this. She’s not recommending things out of the goodness of her own heart. It’s a business, it’s marketing. Just like kids are influenced by toy adverts. You would’ve thought adults would grow out of it:rolleyes:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.