Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rug from @next......gifted? Bought and paid for??? Voucher? AD??? She’s taking the p**s!

Reactions: 7
Its just a neverending story. They have no shame. Asking for advice = I need/I want.
Showing an item and few minutes later
a new post comes with «so many people asking where its from. How cant people see this?
All this consuming is really bad for the enviorment and also triggers people to buy.

Reactions: 4
I have just emailed oak land press office asking why they have "kindly gifted" furniture to people that can afford to buy their own to furnish the expensive house they've just purchased. Also added they would be better off "kindly gifting" furniture to a woman's aid or similar charity to enable families that are in need of furniture

Reactions: 15
Kindly Gifted IS sponsored. Jesus you can’t argue with stupid can you? View attachment 1968
If people like Louise P aren’t doing it properly, there’s no hope lower rungs will comply. Carry on and share all the stuff you’re “kindly gifted” but please don’t tell us it’s not spon. We’re not stupid.

Reactions: 2
I have just emailed oak land press office asking why they have "kindly gifted" furniture to people that can afford to buy their own to furnish the expensive house they've just purchased. Also added they would be better off "kindly gifting" furniture to a woman's aid or similar charity to enable families that are in need of furniture
OMGosh!!! I swear I just done the same??saying there’s so many families with nothing!!

Reactions: 5
Its just a neverending story. They have no shame. Asking for advice = I need/I want.
Showing an item and few minutes later
a new post comes with «so many people asking where its from. How cant people see this?
All this consuming is really bad for the enviorment and also triggers people to buy.
So glad you mentioned this - ‘so many people asking where it’s from, here’s my affiliate link’ that’s how it usually works. Click on any link from these influencers and you’ll notice the rstyle link at the top redirecting to that certain product’s page. I can only hope that most people don’t fall for this trap.

They won’t respond but if they did of course they would have to say that they would hope to get publicity in return for the freebies. And THAT is what changes it from “just a gift” to an advert. It’s not murky/difficult/confusing. It’s an advert.

There is no hope because they clearly doesnt give a tit. Only way to go is regulations through authorities.

If people like Louise P aren’t doing it properly, there’s no hope lower rungs will comply. Carry on and share all the stuff you’re “kindly gifted” but please don’t tell us it’s not spon. We’re not stupid.
It just makes me think, if they can't understand when they are marketing, what else aren't they telling us about?

View attachment 1969
Will she be paying for these or did the begging pay off?
Clearly yet another freebie she advertising!
Honestly, with all the uproar going on about this you would think she would just mark any and all ads/gifted/affiliated items clearly as such and to avoid confusion (and to be transparent,because she “always tries to be upfront”) then if you’ve paid for something then just mark it as “paid for/not sponsored or gifted in anyway” or something to that end.
As it stands it’s just constant adverts - just so obvious and so boring!

There is a new IG post about the furniture being ‘gifted’ from oak furniture land, no mention of ad anywhere? I don’t know how they get away with this. Like others have said it’s not just gifted out of the goodness of their hearts! I realised it was all a scam when you would see her with new stuff, claiming to be obsessed and then never see it again! Won’t be surprised if all the furniture is sold off soon so they can use the money to upgrade and get better things.
as long as they mention gifted thats fine as long as its being declared as a gift.

If the ASA don’t expect gifted items to be noted as AD then the “influencers” aren’t doing anything illegal or breaking the rules?
Immoral perhaps but not illegal. Is that right?

Reactions: 1
Mrs Meldrum has said she has had lots of questions about the rug...Lee 'picked ' it up from Next today....that's still not really clear whether that's picked up as in he bought it ...or picked up as in they ordered it using vouchers or whatever way they ordered the clothes etc that they did the last lot of next clothes ads for and he just 'picked ' it up from store ?

Reactions: 1
Getting on the f&b train means she’s up there with the bloggers she aspires to though. Some of them got sent the new f&b colour samples recently and I think a lot of them are people she follows and aspires to be like. She’d love to move away from the oak furniture land and home bargains hauls and get the same level of middle class freebie as they do.... like Neptune kitchens per se!

I’m guessing Hague blue or stiffkey blue in the living room!
She thinks she is the Scottish version of Hannah Michalak.

If the ASA don’t expect gifted items to be noted as AD then the “influencers” aren’t doing anything illegal or breaking the rules?
Immoral perhaps but not illegal. Is that right?
Nope, because the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) expect gifted items to be disclosed as there is a commercial relationship in place. Therefore non disclosure is in breach of consumer protection legislation.

Here is the guide, which is written in plain English so very easy to follow >

https://www.asa.org.uk/uploads/assets/uploaded/3af39c72-76e1-4a59-b2b47e81a034cd1d.pdf

Reactions: 3
Mrs Meldrum has said she has had lots of questions about the rug...Lee 'picked ' it up from Next today....that's still not really clear whether that's picked up as in he bought it ...or picked up as in they ordered it using vouchers or whatever way they ordered the clothes etc that they did the last lot of next clothes ads for and he just 'picked ' it up from store ?
It’s all such bollocks.
She posts about the rug earlier on - no word on where it was from, just a post to pique interest
Then a second post comes - so that’s 2 IG stories about the rug today - this one with the info on where it’s from...
Blatant advert
“As so many of you have been asking about this rug...”

Rubbish

Initial post with no info then a secondary post with next tagged. Not exactly stealth is she...!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.