Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been following this thread since DLP fiasco I started seeing the Meldrum bull tit a few months prior. How ever after reading every one ones posts and people kindly uploading and explaining the ASA guidelines. It became clear most of if not all the channel Mum crew are very vague about ad’s gifts promotions add to that there content is very AD heavy which to me is a turn off and actually has made me unsubscribe and unfollow every one of them. Now today as I have as you tubing a recipe Mrs M popped up in my recommendation with her live house tour. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to watch. When she’s in the family room Safiyah asks her where her school bag is and she almost mumbles in the utility room. Of course she doesn’t show said utility room! Now every one and there granny know what went on in the untility room, is now going to spend her entire online life avoiding showing it?‍♀?‍♀ WTF!!!! It would actually be more befitting if she said look guys this house has s tragic past but it’s our dream home! End of

Reactions: 4
I assume the shed wasn’t included in the sale of their old house ? I imagine you’d be a bit hacked off to turn up on moving day and find the shed missing.

Reactions: 5
I assume the shed wasn’t included in the sale of their old house ? I imagine you’d be a bit hacked off to turn up on moving day and find the shed missing.
See this is what I dislike about them.!! So so tight!! They get gifted literally thousands of pounds worth of stuff yet can’t leave the shed for the new people buying the house! Greedy greedy grabby Meldrums!

Reactions: 10
Hi folks. Mrs M is currently asking if we’ve seen any rugs or prints for the wall that could be #spons. Know of any company that would kindly donate? I did think of pointing her to the local charity shop but just before I did thought I’d put the word out and try help. Possilvy a print of all her fans here at tattle. What ya all think?

Reactions: 6
Hi folks. Mrs M is currently asking if we’ve seen any rugs or prints for the wall that could be #spons. Know of any company that would kindly donate? I did think of pointing her to the local charity shop but just before I did thought I’d put the word out and try help. Possilvy a print of all her fans here at tattle. What ya all think?
I would have thought she could get a rug from next ? And put the unlimited delivery only £20 per year to good use.

Reactions: 9
Have been reading this and would like to share a few things to the conversation.

I'm not friends with her, but we have many shared friends/colleagues. She was pretty rude once when I was just trying to be friendly at an event, she probably did not know I had over 30 times the youtube subscribers than her at the time!

I'm a blogger and have been for almost a decade. I belong to many groups for creatives and unfortunately they are now overrun with "instagram mums". To start with it was creatives creating good content that was popular in Google and Pinterest. I make over 70% of my very good income (supporting my whole family on just my work) through adverts on my site. Lots of the instagram and youtube mummies have next to no talent or creative flair. They are just lucky enough to get brand deals and shove a phone camera in their family life. Without these brand deals they would make nothing. I'm reasonably successful on YouTube but I don't do vlogs, I do real content that needs work, time and effort to produce. Adsense doesn't pay much so you would need 50k views every single day just to make minimum wage. Most wouldn't even earn a tenth of the minimum wage without channel mum and the brands.

I have always been transparent with my ads, although sometimes I added it at the end of the description but have stopped doing this. Brand deals for me were only a small percentage of my income.

Lots are now very worried that their main source of income could be under threat since the increased scrutiny. They have no backup plan, all their eggs are in one basket and have not diversified their business to have multiple income streams. They have mortgages to pay and any reduction with the amount of ads will be a struggle to continue.

I'm not worried, as I have multiple income streams and my husband only gave up work once the mortgage was paid off so even if my income went down 90% overnight we would be just fine, but the same can't be said for many others.

Reactions: 31
She even said the kitchen was gross in the live stream...
Her actual words were "the kitchen is gross......charming", if you listen to the nuance it is clear that she is repeating one of the comments on the live video. The words Rebecca herself uses to describe the kitchen are 'dislike' and 'not dislike as much'. Just to be clear I am not championing Rebecca in anyway but lets not 'she says the kitchen is gross' become fact in the same way as 'they sold the murder shed' has.

Reactions: 3
There is a new IG post about the furniture being ‘gifted’ from oak furniture land, no mention of ad anywhere? I don’t know how they get away with this. Like others have said it’s not just gifted out of the goodness of their hearts! I realised it was all a scam when you would see her with new stuff, claiming to be obsessed and then never see it again! Won’t be surprised if all the furniture is sold off soon so they can use the money to upgrade and get better things.

“Kindly gifted” ??????. Gets me every time.

I’m sure Desenio could provide some free prints and a discount code if she asked them nicely.

I can’t believe that after everything that has been written here (a thread which they have clearly been reading!) they are STILL carrying on like this!
A “gifted” item hasn’t been given for no reason. It’s been given so that it will be featured on their social media platforms and so that they will make mention of it - this is AN ADVERT! It’s blatant advertising.
The ASA are a joke and clearly have no interest or intention of doing anything to combat this crap.
It will take someone doing a proper expose on insta-floggers/channel mum before anything changes. They dupe so many people while filling their pockets.

It’s so obvious too - no dressing it up or anything it’s literally just “oh, we want a new chair to go here” which is basically then asking for any company to give them a freebie. No artistic talent, no imagination, no creativity - just insta-begging.

I would be bloody embarrassed if that was how I made a living.

Reactions: 12
Why do influencers ask where to get stuff.?? Surely that’s their bloody job!!! Ahhh yes.....hint hint companies...send it me for free!!!! God I hate the greed!

Reactions: 13
Are their any good journalists that would be interested in exposing this insta AD drama? Any names we could email?

Reactions: 4
I see many people are suggesting Desenio :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm a little surprised she hasn't got on the Valspar gifted paint train.

Reactions: 1
I linked to an interesting podcast on the last thread from the ASA. It’s up on their twitter account if anyone is interested (episode 2).

So in it they said that in order to be an ad it has to fulfill two criteria. 1) Has the influencer been paid? This doesn’t just include money, this can be gifts etc 2) does the brand have any content control? (I.e. a certain number of videos/posts, the flogger has to say/write certain things etc.

Crutially it has to tick both of those boxes in order to be considered an ad. For me this means two things. 1) The rules and regulations just aren’t strict enough. They’re not fit for purpose and the ASA and CMA are failing to keep up with how fast the industry is changing. 2) the floggers (and brands) have taken every opportunity to use and abuse this ‘loophole’ for far too long.

Are their any good journalists that would be interested in exposing this insta AD drama? Any names we could email?
I’d say Stacey Dooley but she’s on Strictly at the moment! Although her team may be interested? Or Watchdog?

Reactions: 2
I linked to an interesting podcast on the last thread from the ASA. It’s up on their twitter account if anyone is interested (episode 2).

So in it they said that in order to be an ad it has to fulfill two criteria. 1) Has the influencer been paid? This doesn’t just include money, this can be gifts etc 2) does the brand have any content control? (I.e. a certain number of videos/posts, the flogger has to say/write certain things etc.

Crutially it has to tick both of those boxes in order to be considered an ad. For me this means two things. 1) The rules and regulations just aren’t strict enough. They’re not fit for purpose and the ASA and CMA are failing to keep up with how fast the industry is changing. 2) the floggers (and brands) have taken every opportunity to use and abuse this ‘loophole’ for far too long.
CMA are definitely not on top of this. BUT...the CMA report on this industry is due out soon so hopefully things are about to change...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...ia-stars-investigated-for-not-labelling-posts

@hepa
they going bold she said, mr Meldrum is buying paint!!! Bold, I don’t think they know the meaning of the word bold when that furniture it’s all grey??‍♀??

I see many people are suggesting Desenio :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm a little surprised she hasn't got on the Valspar gifted paint train.
Desenio whole business model is based on gifting influencers.
As never heard of it before i started watching you tube.

B&Q paint is not same as farrow and ball.
Whys lee so exited about painting.

Desenio whole business model is based on gifting influencers.
As never heard of it before i started watching you tube.

B&Q paint is not same as farrow and ball.
Whys lee so exited about painting.
Ohhhhhh do we know the colour yet? How bold is it?!??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.