Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@stuffata There’s nothing wrong with the house on outside, I’ve got oak doors the same as they do, but other than that It’s got no character. A house purchased for £100,000 less and that money used to completely renovate inside and it would have all been done and instagramable for them in a short while. Since house tours are important for them I’d have thought they’d have gone for something with that wow factor

Reactions: 3
They did sort an aip first, and offered that amount. But then the seller wanted more so they offered more than their aip was, and that offer was accepted. They then had to scramble about to find a mortgage lender who would lend them a higher amount that their original aip. I reckon they were given more of s deposit by family rather than a bigger mortgage but who knows.
The house buying process in Scotland is different though, once an offer is accepted and missives signed, that is the date you have to move out/in, there is no pulling out of a sale here. Sellers pay for a home report survey so that buyers don't find any surprises.

I live local to them, and have mutual friends. I still got blocked on insta, for liking a comment saying that they should be honest about what was gifted to them and what they paid for ?‍♀ Both of them come across very different on social media to real life imo.
Are they nicer and more normal in real life.?

They seem fairly insular very close to their family and small select group of freinds.

The house is big...other than that I can't see anything appealing..it will take literally tens of thousands of pounds to get it anywhere near nice. I guess she is hoping it will all be gifted, I suppose that was part of the decision process when they decided to buy.

One thing I would say is their old house was lovely modern and 'age appropriate". I, like many of us here, used to be a fan...when I think about the old videos, lee working away, a young mum looking after the kids in a house similar in size to mine...this latest move is one more thing that is putting even more distance between them and their fans....they are just so unrelatable!!!!
Totally agree but sheep dont seem to care that its few rungs up property ladder than they willl ever reach.

I dont get why so many sheep find them relatable.

I live local to them, and have mutual friends. I still got blocked on insta, for liking a comment saying that they should be honest about what was gifted to them and what they paid for ?‍♀ Both of them come across very different on social media to real life imo.
@Mummyof2 I'm interested to know how they come across differently on social media to real life? I don't know them at all and you have piqued my curiosity?

Reactions: 1
@Kermit. Whether you are building or buying and we built this last time. You factor in kitchen and bathrooms and not just price builder has included in cost to build as you go over that. You include in that money to fully carpet/floor, put up blinds/curtains, new furniture if required/accessories, or you just don’t do it. I’d have thought they’d have gone for something a bit more with a rustic style bench and chairs with metal legs for dining set. Though the new house has a better garden for them, nothing inside about it strikes as wow

Totally agree

The garden is lovely
But inside of house lacks any wow factor for me.
Looks bit cold sterile boring and dated.

Anywhere can be made nice with money and careful thourght.

It felt like kitchen layout doesnt work
Dining rooms too small
Poppys bedroom not huge
Yes they have real fire but they could of had that in house less than 600k.

Its going to take a lot money modernise and make the layout work.

Just cost paint alone will add up.

Unless they get gifted more its not going to change.

She dislikes kitchen and the floor amd windows.

All big things.

The space need furniture but not weird mismatch they have now.

Even with free gifted furniture it looks odd.

Im not jealous if the house or her life at all.

They could have got something so much nicer.

They did sort an aip first, and offered that amount. But then the seller wanted more so they offered more than their aip was, and that offer was accepted. They then had to scramble about to find a mortgage lender who would lend them a higher amount that their original aip. I reckon they were given more of s deposit by family rather than a bigger mortgage but who knows.
The house buying process in Scotland is different though, once an offer is accepted and missives signed, that is the date you have to move out/in, there is no pulling out of a sale here. Sellers pay for a home report survey so that buyers don't find any surprises.

Ooh in what way?

Are they nicer and more normal in real life.?

They seem fairly insular very close to their family and small select group of freinds.
@Mummyof2 I'm interested to know how they come across differently on social media to real life? I don't know them at all and you have piqued my curiosity?
They just seem fairly disinterested in their children in reality, apart from when they are filming then
One example I remember is when f was going to preschool before the summer. Mr m put up an insta story of her running super excited up the path with him shouting about how excited she was to be going. The reality - he had to coax her to run, she was reluctant to go
Mrs m can be quite snappy at the girls when they are just walking slower than she would like.

They do have a close knit group of friends, a lot from school days. My hubby went to school with him and said he was a bit self centered back then as well

Reactions: 10
If the house was mine I’d wait until I could afford to do kitchen properly ( free/AD/spon/blagged/begged) I’d knock the wall down and have a large open plan kitchen/dining/family room, the now dining room I’d have as the playroom, solely for the girls. I get saving the bedroom with the ensuit as her office/guest room, girls all have fairly equal rooms and the family bathroom. Poppy’s room will be nice once decorated. Windows lovely style and I’d paint all interior white. Oak floors beautiful and personally I hate carpet. She does have old fashioned tastes ( it’s not classic). Personally I loved their old house and would never want the mortgage they now have!

Reactions: 2
To be fair to them, I’d hate to be judged on the decor of the previous owners of our house! And their house is really not bad at all. A bit 90s I guess. But it all looks good quality and fairly neutral. If it’s their forever home they have loads of time to do what they want to it as and when they can afford to do so. Not everyone can afford to get a house just the way they want it straight away. And they’ve not mentioned any major issues re the build/heating/electrical etc. So sounds like a sound house and just cosmetic stuff to sort. Of course they’ll get lots of gifts coming in, especially as they keep dropping hints about what they need. Those Neptune kitchens are gorgeous and I think they do gift, but not sure channel mum types are the market for them. I would think a mass market brand like Wren or something would be more likely for them.

All that said, you couldn’t pay me to live there given it’s history though. That would be a deal breaker for me. It’s the nighttimes that would get me (anyone watching house on haunted hill?!). I wonder how they’re finding the reality of living in it. Do they ever go into the utility alone? ?

Reactions: 2
Does anyone think they’re waiting to have the house blessed/exorcised/something like that, before they venture into the utility? Maybe she’ll vlog it. She may as well seeing as everyone knows the history of the house now

They just seem fairly disinterested in their children in reality, apart from when they are filming then
One example I remember is when f was going to preschool before the summer. Mr m put up an insta story of her running super excited up the path with him shouting about how excited she was to be going. The reality - he had to coax her to run, she was reluctant to go
Mrs m can be quite snappy at the girls when they are just walking slower than she would like.

They do have a close knit group of friends, a lot from school days. My hubby went to school with him and said he was a bit self centered back then as well
Got impression she was snappy from so many meldrums channel vlogs.
Probably why its deleted.
Shes either ott manic loud/ happy.
But shes not great at hiding emotion we constantly see snippets of frustration and she never misses an opportunity to dump the kids on anyone.

They both seem self centred.

Anyone that needs to bang on about being positive and happy all time seldom is.

Mr m needs to calm down and stop being so loud and exitable and quit using the word darling so many times.

Reactions: 6
I don't think I realised what a draw their old house was. Was an asset to the brand. Especially the kitchen I think, where so much of the filming took place, with plenty of space and light.

I like the new house, as a canvas. Think it will look amazing done up for Christmas. But I'm not sure it will hold the same draw that their last house did. Too far out of most people's league.

She doesn't get it tho. Refering to critics as haters. And Lee still hasn't addressed the whole situation. She acts like a spoiled teenager who just wants more and don't want to work for it.

I just see right through all this fake positivity, happy, living our best life rubbish...They spent the whole of the DLP weekend going on about how happy they were how it was "absolutely epic" bla bla bla...then you find out that she was struggling with her "mental health", anxiety and the weekend was ruined etc...after reading those comment I look back on the post at DLP and see them for exactly what they are,,,FAKE and FORCED.....the children are pushed into this with all the staged photos and I just think god what a miserable life...worth all the free stuff??

Reactions: 12

If that is this case, I really feel a bit sad. I really thought you were going to say that they aren't represented well on social media and in reality they are different, for the better really, in real life.

To be fair though, I can be snappy with my family too. I guess it is only possible to take it all into context if you are witnessing it first hand and seeing whether it is isolated episodes or a pattern of behaviour. And yes @Kermit (have just seen your reply) if she is putting her best self forward for the camera, which you would expect she is (as we all would), then it would appear that her snappiness does therefore seem to be a reflection of reality. @Mummyof2 stories like your own do seem to support/justify my uncomfortable feeling towards her.

I could never live in that house with that history. I can imagine it's not easy for the family to watch the house now. Even putting the shed up for sale in a local selling group is so disrespectful

I could never live in that house with that history. I can imagine it's not easy for the family to watch the house now. Even putting the shed up for sale in a local selling group is so disrespectful
they put the shed up for sale:eek::eek::eek:

@ Kermit I agree not jealous at all. Built a house to spec and got what wanted. Got traditional wood burning stove, solar panels and it’s decorated to our Taste. It takes time to put your stamp on a house. I still now I’m deciding where to put things and took forever to decide on furniture as it had to be right. You need to live in a house for a while to get the feel of things and I like to find things for decorative pieces on my travels to little quaint shops.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.