Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@ Kermit I agree not jealous at all. Built a house to spec and got what wanted. Got traditional wood burning stove, solar panels and it’s decorated to our Taste. It takes time to put your stamp on a house. I still now I’m deciding where to put things and took forever to decide on furniture as it had to be right. You need to live in a house for a while to get the feel of things and I like to find things for decorative pieces on my travels to little quaint shops.
Totally agree we plan to do likewise with our future house.

I doubt the neilson gift shop had many nice home bits.

I really like katie ellision home renovation.

I dont mind kate murnane new house either.

Yes other vloggers been gifted by trendy homeware retailers companies.
However i dont think the meldrums are in that league as they not gleam.

Cant say wants me to rush out and buy oak furniture so they wasted their money gifting them.

Reactions: 1
Interest got the better of me. I really think they have paid too much for the house. I was expecting wonderous things and I’m more than slightly underwhelmed. The kitchen is an odd space for a young family, having to carry meals through the hall to he dining room not ideal. Every bedroom has restricted head height being built into the eaves. It doesn’t have either a luxury or cosy feel. I hate the arch through to the family room and the glazed doors. Very dated. It seems like an older couples retirement home. I still think S should have had the ensuite. My oldest (15)daughter has one ensuite, which frees the family bathroom for my younger daughter (13) to use, (we have our own and son at Uni) Siblings sharing 1 family bathroom only leads to arguments and Reb has said so often how S and F already bicker all the time. I wouldn’t have taken on so much debt in their industry to buy it.

I noticed on the live house tour she told S to go and put something in the utility.

Reactions: 4
To be fair to them, I’d hate to be judged on the decor of the previous owners of our house! And their house is really not bad at all. A bit 90s I guess. But it all looks good quality and fairly neutral. If it’s their forever home they have loads of time to do what they want to it as and when they can afford to do so. Not everyone can afford to get a house just the way they want it straight away. And they’ve not mentioned any major issues re the build/heating/electrical etc. So sounds like a sound house and just cosmetic stuff to sort. Of course they’ll get lots of gifts coming in, especially as they keep dropping hints about what they need. Those Neptune kitchens are gorgeous and I think they do gift, but not sure channel mum types are the market for them. I would think a mass market brand like Wren or something would be more likely for them.

All that said, you couldn’t pay me to live there given it’s history though. That would be a deal breaker for me. It’s the nighttimes that would get me (anyone watching house on haunted hill?!). I wonder how they’re finding the reality of living in it. Do they ever go into the utility alone? ?
The house isn’t even that old, to be that old fashioned it was completed in 2006. Same age as creepy inghams death trap car.

I think it may have been rented for the last few years that’s why it’s magnolia in every room.

@ Kermit I agree not jealous at all. Built a house to spec and got what wanted. Got traditional wood burning stove, solar panels and it’s decorated to our Taste. It takes time to put your stamp on a house. I still now I’m deciding where to put things and took forever to decide on furniture as it had to be right. You need to live in a house for a while to get the feel of things and I like to find things for decorative pieces on my travels to little quaint shops.
Exactly- we went with wood burner etc when we converted our barn in 2016. I’m still adding to it - little original art bits from holidays, vintage finds - just bagged myself a Eames chair for by the kitchen bifold window from an antique fayre. I’d hate to be ‘gifted’ a load of bland #notspon tat!!

Exactly- we went with wood burner etc when we converted our barn in 2016. I’m still adding to it - little original art bits from holidays, vintage finds - just bagged myself a Eames chair for by the kitchen bifold window from an antique fayre. I’d hate to be ‘gifted’ a load of bland #notspon tat!!
I would rather have next to nothing than being gifted my whole life. I would at least slept well at night for being hounest. I read her "A Letter to a new mum" even that she had to add an ad in.

Reactions: 2
Yea for firewood I believe
That doesn't seem right... given the history would it not be more respectful to just get rid of it without having to sell it? Even pulling it down and having a bonfire in their backyard would be more respectful if there was no where/way to dump it.

Reactions: 8
The house isn’t even that old, to be that old fashioned it was completed in 2006. Same age as creepy inghams death trap car.

I think it may have been rented for the last few years that’s why it’s magnolia in every room.
It’s out in the sticks a bit though. It’s probably similar to a lot of other properties in the area. Banchory’s not that edgy ?

And agree with above, surely they could just use the shed as firewood themselves, or quietly take it to the tip. It’s like they want locals talking about them.

Reactions: 4
That doesn't seem right... given the history would it not be more respectful to just get rid of it without having to sell it? Even pulling it down and having a bonfire in their backyard would be more respectful if there was no where/way to dump it.
But why are they not burning it themselves they have a fire? He can chop it for kindling? Stick it in the double garage.

Reactions: 2
But why are they not burning it themselves they have a fire? He can chop it for kindling? Stick it in the double garage.
It's probably treated wood, I wouldn't want to burn it inside. But given the size of their backyard and the fact that the neighbours aren't too close, then burning outside could be a good option.
Seriously, who are these people? Are they really that hard up for cash? This demonstrates, at the very basic level, a lack of dignity.

About that, they do have a fire, right? As anyone seem any pictures of them just enjoying it? Like the actual fire burning? She said she was going to enjoy sitting by the fire and watch whatever but had a picture of yourself looking at the mirror, selifie rather than by the fire? Anyone seen any pictures? Thanks

Well aren't you a horrible judgmental cow. You saw a little snippet of their life and their parenting. Where you right by them? Did you see Reb before she gets 'snappy' with them? I get snappy with my kids if they're walking slow on the school run, because they don't concentrate where they're going sometimes!

You can't judge someone's parenting by seeing a little snippet. You have no idea what happened 2 mins before or when they're at home.

I gather your kids are perfect and you never get snappy at them ?
Ahahhahahah I wonder who this is?!?

Reactions: 10
The house is awful! She could've gotten more for her money if she wasn't determined to live on her parents doorstep.

Having ripped out a kitchen with a complete strip back to brick and re-plaster, electrics etc there is no way I'd be up for doing that with 3 kids. That orange wood was stressing me out, the whole place looked messy - I get they've just moved in but they don't work! This is why we're buying a new build, rooms are smaller but I can't cope with replacing other people's taste in decor. I'm amazed Mrs M has bought a house that looks like that.

Reactions: 3
What the hell is wrong with you all?
You all talk about their parenting.. I guess your kids are perfect and you never raise your voice to them? Yes? No? I thought not.
You all talk about their new home, judging ever single detail because it's not modern enough. THEY HAVE ONLY JUST MOVED IN PEOPLE! Renovations take time. They don't have to spend money right away to make their home 'modern' to please you bunch of bullies.

You call their 'fans/followers' sheep and call Reb and Lee all kinds of names... you all need to take a look at yourselves and think about what you are doing. Cyber bullying. That's what every single one of you are doing. Bunch of horrible, vile bullies. Karma will come round to you all one day. There is something seriously wrong with every single one of you.

Yes this site is for gossiping or whatever you want to call it, but what you're all doing is BULLYING! I pray that none of you or your children get bullied in school/real life or even cyber bullied.
If you/she doesn't like the criticism then maybe stop exploiting the children and every detail of your/her life for money and "gifts".

Well aren't you a horrible judgmental cow. You saw a little snippet of their life and their parenting. Where you right by them? Did you see Reb before she gets 'snappy' with them? I get snappy with my kids if they're walking slow on the school run, because they don't concentrate where they're going sometimes!

You can't judge someone's parenting by seeing a little snippet. You have no idea what happened 2 mins before or when they're at home.

I gather your kids are perfect and you never get snappy at them ?
Wow!!! Calm down love!!??? we see a little snippet they CHOOSE to show,,,this lady saw real life! We’ve all seen Reb in their old vlogs snapping away at the kids and stomping around all moody! I’d believe this lady’s version any day!!!

@Realtalk22 don’t think there’s any need to call anyone a judgemental cow on here. Don’t see any other members using language like that to one another

Reactions: 6
It's not an opinion. It's a fact.
Funny thing is, none of you would act like this in person. You must lead a very very sad life.
You the one with a very sad life, we sad but yet here you are!! I suggest you look up for the meaning of bullying since you don’t seem to have a clue! And do yourself a favour and just go! You don’t belong here right? So buzz off!

Reactions: 3
What the hell is wrong with you all?
You all talk about their parenting.. I guess your kids are perfect and you never raise your voice to them? Yes? No? I thought not.
You all talk about their new home, judging ever single detail because it's not modern enough. THEY HAVE ONLY JUST MOVED IN PEOPLE! Renovations take time. They don't have to spend money right away to make their home 'modern' to please you bunch of bullies.

You call their 'fans/followers' sheep and call Reb and Lee all kinds of names... you all need to take a look at yourselves and think about what you are doing. Cyber bullying. That's what every single one of you are doing. Bunch of horrible, vile bullies. Karma will come round to you all one day. There is something seriously wrong with every single one of you.

Yes this site is for gossiping or whatever you want to call it, but what you're all doing is BULLYING! I pray that none of you or your children get bullied in school/real life or even cyber bullied.
If you are so worried about bullying spare a thought for the Meldrum children who, thanks to their parents, are being made targets!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.