Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m still waiting on the chap on the door from Police Scotland......
What’s the scoop with reporting us all, Reb? How’s that going down for you?

Reactions: 6
The school website says in service so maybe 2 together mon and tue. Ours are usually monday or friday often tagged to a half term.
Yes inservice - the teachers are in but the kids are off. The Feb ones are attached to a midterm holiday. It’s a bit random the schools have only been back for 2 weeks. Ours is at the end of the week.

I’m sure people will get sick and tired off her keep going over the same things. It’s like those fb birth boards - when there has a been a huge argument, it’s all over and someone just has to keep making a new post with their opinion, then they flounce.

TBH she got off pretty lightly- there was nothing on Twitter about the DLP lies which she wouldn’t have been able to delete and control the narrative.

On the upside still no herpes here!! ?

Reactions: 1
I wondered about this too. So If She uses the plate in 3 years time or wears F & F Disney clothing in 5 years time does she still Have to keep tagging and thanking and ### over and over for the same item ?
Let's face it, the Disney clothes aren't going to make a reappearance in 5 years (I’ll be surprised if they make another appearance ?), so the question is kind of irrelevant but if the product is prominent in a post I think it should be disclosed as having been acquired through a commercial relationship. If it is just kind of background noise then they don't. It would have been better in an Ella's kitchen promo to use an anonymous looking plate but then I guess it wouldn't have been so instagrammable. Some of the fashion bloggers are good at doing credits listing where everything is from. The interiors bloggers I follow are generally tit at it. If in doubt, disclosure has to be better than non disclosure. Especially if you are committed to going above and beyond the rules, hey?

Reactions: 1
Bust....or just ditched for their new venture ;)
Oh really? That’ll be a business to avoid then! I remember a lot of people being disappointed when they went bust as they had vouchers to spend that wouldn’t be honoured at other franchises.

If the post isn’t about the previously gifted item directly (like the plate) and they haven’t gone out of their way to give the brand promotion by tagging them, I don’t think they should have to mention again that it’s a gift, in my opinion. Otherwise it would get ridiculous - especially with the fashion and interiors ones where products are going to feature over and over again. I do think if they’re asked where it came from in the comments then they should say there, “it’s from ‘@tesco and it was a gift a few months ago” or something like that.

Reactions: 3
Oh come now! 7 year old girls are not following Mr. Meldrum. There is plenty of valid criticism regarding disclosure of #ads etc. and use of children for paid work. This is bitching for bitching's sake. It reduces the value of valid comments.
Please stop trying to control what we speak about.

Reactions: 8
Lucy Jessica’s sister caused a huge storm over the whole White moose cafe thing, basically sent an email asking for a free stay in return for a review,,,, !!! How is that not going to be a biased review!! Elle Darby, search it! As for what she was saying, she still isn’t disclosing whether things are gifted! Just saying not an AD! Like the Mataln jumper, swipe up, AF, did she buy it or did she get Mataln vouchers? Then use AF so surely an AD? ??‍♀I live in the same area as both of them. Pretty girls but honestly, they wouldn’t look out of place on big fat gypsy wedding!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
If the post isn’t about the previously gifted item directly (like the plate) and they haven’t gone out of their way to give the brand promotion by tagging them, I don’t think they should have to mention again that it’s a gift, in my opinion. Otherwise it would get ridiculous - especially with the fashion and interiors ones where products are going to feature over and over again. I do think if they’re asked where it came from in the comments then they should say there, “it’s from ‘@tesco and it was a gift a few months ago” or something like that.
Ah - I disagree. I think any exposure is an advert. I think it should be like magazines when they used to list all the make up items on the cover girl's face inside the cover. So, at the top list everything gifted plus declare ad if becessary. Then put your blurb.

I think #ADfor[BRAND] should also need to be stated. Not just #ad shoved at the end of a post

Reactions: 5
I agree to an extent, but if you don't go out of your way and don't tag and then you are asked it is simple to say "it was a gift from XXX brand", but they don't say that (edited: sorry just realised you said the same thing!). Some fashion bloggers are actually very good at flagging up gifts when they feature them over and over again (but gifted products being featured over and over isn't really the issue, it is the constant promotion of the "new" that is a massive issue I think, because it fuels grabby consumerism), but some don't caption anything or just have a inane comment like "having a rainbow day today" as they show off their new striped cashmere paid for by their gifted Net a Porter vouchers.

Some interiors/fashion bloggers say 'tap for tags' - well what does this mean? The tags are promoted items? Why not draw attention to the gifts by saying "tagged items are gifted from the brands I work with". They don't do it, but they could. There are simple ways around making disclosure clear but they aren't interested.

Reactions: 4
If they really arent trying to mislead anyone and they really are confused/unsure I dont see why not just air on the side of caution and put AD on everything At the beginning so i can decide to read or not and if paid also put Paid Partnership/Promotion/AD (I would personally say vouchers/giftcards are being paid because you can usually pick what you want) at the top of the Picture. I think the whole put gifted etc confuses their tiny little brains because for some reason they think companies just send them things because they like them and want them to have the thing. Well no mummy vloggers they want you to show it and talk about it to your sheep in the hope they will buy it therefore its an AD. So I feel everything unless you pay for it your self with your own money either cash or bank card (for the all the Mrs Ms out there this would include gifcards/voucher given to you by family friends for birthdays etc but not companies) should be labelled clearly as an AD.

Reactions: 2
just put bought and paid for if they have genuinely paid for something, out vouchers/gifted/Ad or Af if any if those things. Takes seconds to add on the their sales pitch! ?

Guys, come on, you’re simplyfying it, it’s very murky waters ? (for people with half a brain)

Reactions: 3
Guys, come on, you’re simplyfying it, it’s very murky waters ? (for people with half a brain)
All this Kindly Gifting. So so Murky ???
I still remember Erica Davies saying someone (another blogger I think it was) had contacted her to say she shouldn’t hashtag a gifted item as an ad if it didn’t meet the ASA definitions of an ad because she could get into trouble, which was probably one of the most stupid things I have ever seen and probably sums this whole issue up for me.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.