Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god I see Lara Jarvis is there ? I really dislike her vlogs, she is such a "wannabe" her vlogs are all over the place as she tries desperately to find her niche. I haven't looked at one of her vlogs for months. Sorry off topic but had to add!
See i like lara

She seems down to earth
Well off within own right
Great dress sense
She can cook
More interesting content and doesn't over expose her kids on her channel.
Loved her ikea hacks and decluttering

But shes part of smaller clique of cm vloggers who will never make it big like reb or Emily they too far down the pyramid.

Reactions: 1
I think Mr and Mrs M benefit from a LOT of local followers. There aren’t any other ones like her in the area (not to the same scale anyway). Has she shared her audience demographic stuff before? I wouldn’t be surprised if at least half of them were Aberdeen based, just following for a nosy because she’s local. Which is fine, but she doesn’t really do much for the area, from what I’ve seen (e.g. helping to promote local businesses or not for profit groups). I feel she needs to do some more of that kind of good PR right now though!

Reactions: 2
I have just looked a lee's Instagram....am I the only one who finds posting a video of his young daughters dancing in their own home where they are obviously relaxed completely and horrible invasive?

I don't understand how any parent can have such a complete lack of intelligence when it comes to protecting their children.

And Reb that goes on and on about he mental health...WHAT ABOUT THE MENTAL HEALTH OF YOUR CHILDREN????

It all makes me feel very uncomfortable and I just hope that the girls especially S is surrounded by teachers and other adults that are sensitive to the difficulties that her parents stupidity and money grabbing will give her in the future.

Reactions: 7
Oooh I can't quote posts anymore @stuffata but I totally agree. I said on another thread that I find it all horribly invasive - for some reason, pictures of little one's bedrooms really get to me. I hate it. Do they have nowhere private?

Re: the mental health point, all of these vloggers are about me....me.....me.....ans more about me. My baby is ill - let ME tell you how tired I am. My child needs glasses - let ME tell you how upsetting I find that. Nothing about the impact on the child or an update on how the child is doing unless it relates directly to the vlogger.......oooooh I'm less tired today as Sweet P went to sleep.

You really have to be a narcissistic over sharer to do this

Reactions: 8
A lot of us on here are parents....I love seeing my daughter dance with freedom, knowing she is in her own front room, in her family environment and really letting go of inhibitions.....The idea that a parent would film it an put it on the internet is, to me, abhorrent and a complete betrayal of trust....my daughter would be devastated.:cry:

Children at S's school will have seen it and will be commenting on it.....That child will be living with the consequences today...not to mention future mental health issue...I just find it really, really sad. As parents we should protect our children..

Reactions: 6
Anyone else predicting a " slow day pottering" after yesterday's hard work...........or is that too easy a bingo point ?

Reactions: 4
Any idea why they picked her
As its so niche only really doable for people who live that area Scotland.

Assumed was ad at time.

What was she like
Did she take the whole family
Yeah it was just the local franchise branch who contacted her, not the company as a whole. I think she was just the only vlogger in the area the director knew of. She came the first time with Lee and was a bit quieter than I expected, she seemed a little nervous! Then she had a kids session with the two older girls the next week. The manager had got back in touch a while later to see about doing something else with her but Mrs M hadn't replied for weeks as it was around the time she started having complications with Poppy's pregnancy and as a way of saying sorry she put up an Insta post saying she'd booked Mr M in for another session as his hay-fever was bad, she'd never booked him in!!

Reactions: 3
Yeah it was just the local franchise branch who contacted her, not the company as a whole. I think she was just the only vlogger in the area the director knew of. She came the first time with Lee and was a bit quieter than I expected, she seemed a little nervous! Then she had a kids session with the two older girls the next week. The manager had got back in touch a while later to see about doing something else with her but Mrs M hadn't replied for weeks as it was around the time she started having complications with Poppy's pregnancy and as a way of saying sorry she put up an Insta post saying she'd booked Mr M in for another session as his hay-fever was bad, she'd never booked him in!!
Did you work there? So got it all for free in return for promoting the business? That should definitely have been declared then. Although, that’s going back a bit now and the business no longer exists so not sure where the benefit is in reporting it tbh. Especially as ASA are investigating her at present anyway.

I notice her latest ellas advert is back to just having AD right at the end again. I thought she’d maybe upped her game and done the whole “above and beyond” thing by having it at the start of the text as ASA suggest, but old habits die hard I presume.

Reactions: 1
Anyone else predicting a " slow day pottering" after yesterday's hard work...........or is that too easy a bingo point ?
There may be eggs from Lee. Or maybe we’ll be treated to a shot of his sweetie cupboard. Always enthralling.

There must have been some discussion yesterday at Yoootooob HQ regarding the Meldrum/Disney farce, Lucy Jessica Carter is having a rant on insta stories about declaring ads etc. I wonder how many of them are ticked off at Edgy Reb for putting Youtubers gifts/sponsored/ad in the limelight so much!

Against the rules to try to moderate and try to control what people talk about. - Please read our rules and why they're important
A lot of us on here are parents....I love seeing my daughter dance with freedom, knowing she is in her own front room, in her family environment and really letting go of inhibitions.....The idea that a parent would film it an put it on the internet is, to me, abhorrent and a complete betrayal of trust....my daughter would be devastated.:cry:

Children at S's school will have seen it and will be commenting on it.....That child will be living with the consequences today...not to mention future mental health issue...I just find it really, really sad. As parents we should protect our children..
Oh come now! 7 year old girls are not following Mr. Meldrum. There is plenty of valid criticism regarding disclosure of #ads etc. and use of children for paid work. This is bitching for bitching's sake. It reduces the value of valid comments.

Any idea why they picked her
As its so niche only really doable for people who live that area Scotland.

Assumed was ad at time.

What was she like
Did she take the whole family
I doubt if the salt caves 'picked her', more likely she phoned them and offered her services as an influencer, quite possibly she didn't get paid in £££ notes but got a few free visits. Likewise Kippie Lodge, probably blagged her and the family free membership for a few regular shout outs, so again no money changed hands. No doubt in Rebecca's mind that means she hasn't been paid so therefore not an #AD. HMRC might disagree. #benefitinkind #soconfusing

There must have been some discussion yesterday at Yoootooob HQ regarding the Meldrum/Disney farce, Lucy Jessica Carter is having a rant on insta stories about declaring ads etc. I wonder how many of them are ticked off at Edgy Reb for putting Youtubers gifts/sponsored/ad in the limelight so much!
What is the gist of what she is saying?

That Lucy was just showing off the nails inc on instastories- no #ad including a picture of the ad she did again just saying discount code here not obvious that it’s an ad! She did a paid partnership 2 days ago with them that she had a discount code, where she may get extra payment for the amount of people that use her code. She can twist it round anyway she wants it still an ad. Give it till the end of the week and she will back to having gel nails done by a salon!!

Oh and Ash reid is not he person to be taking advice on what to declare is and isn’t an ad. Honestly do these morons think we are all stupid!!

It is so heartbreaking and i get really upset about this. Where are the regulations?!?? ?

That Lucy was just showing off the nails inc on instastories- no #ad including a picture of the ad she did again just saying discount code here not obvious that it’s an ad! She did a paid partnership 2 days ago with them that she had a discount code, where she may get extra payment for the amount of people that use her code. She can twist it round anyway she wants it still an ad. Give it till the end of the week and she will back to having gel nails done by a salon!!

Oh and Ash reid is not he person to be taking advice on what to declare is and isn’t an ad. Honestly do these morons think we are all stupid!!

They’re just outright liars. She can’t even look at the camera with all the bullsh*t she’s spewing out! She knows herself she’s a fraud. More fool the people who believe them.

Reactions: 3
Straight back on it with the #Ads
Must have been awful being away from poppy yesterday.
and seeing her unwell ?
Because there was a SPONSORSHIP looming. ?
It’s really So inconsiderate of the nugget to get sick at prime Money grabbing periods like the run up to Christmas.

69A0C9EC-884B-44AA-B8D9-0190B59058F5.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Those children are like living in an on going ad campaign. And showing their bedrooms for the world to see is a invasion of privacy.

They’re just outright liars. She can’t even look at the camera with all the bullsh*t she’s spewing out! She knows herself she’s a fraud. More fool the people who believe them.

In fact, from the little I’ve seen, that Lucy Jessica is much shadier than Mrs M. Maybe that’s why Mrs M thinks she’s going above and beyond - because there are other channel mumfloggers doing naff all disclosure at all. Her stories explaining why it’s not an ad when it is an ad annoys me more than the non disclosure - it’s just blatant lying. Shame on them. The only defence they must have is that they’re really really thick?!

Adding Nails Inc. to the companies I won’t be buying from again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.