Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I suggest another thread is made about Channel Mum rather than it all clogging up this thread?? What's the point in discussing lots of other CM bloggers under the Meldrum thread?
My opinion would be it’s not necessary.
It’s a management company, any other influencers being mentioned are under the same management company as the Meldrums (and are being mentioned because she met them today!) that seem to have the same... “drive” for success. ?
It gives an interesting sub topic to the family themselves and shows how much CM influence the channel and the spons they get offered, much like Gleam do.
I’m enjoying seeing the comparisons and reading the information about CM.
(I’m about to sign up for scammer mum however. Better benefits. ?)

It definitely doesn’t bother me, there’s only so many times we can bring up the Disney ad saga, I like that we dig further than just one incident.
If this was the case we would maybe need a separate thread for Lee and other Mummy vlogger husbands. It seems to be flowing nicely and on topic because of today’s meeting.
Obviously I might be in the minority so maybe others are finding it annoying too. But I find it really interesting to see how the Meldrum effect seems to be a channel mum thing.

Actually I think they will be interesting to watch unfold, Ebony seems bent on pursuing the ‘fame/money’ but I think David has a conscience and quite a gentle soul, I think it will really be a conflict for him. We will see, sadly I fear he will just go along with things. Would love them to walk away from Scammer mum!
Completely agree! I wouldn’t see him as a good fit for CM either, he looks awkward around Spon content. I would have thought they would be suited to management like Joe/Casper has set up, Something a bit more youthful.
CM and their lifestyle just don’t seem to fit, nor did the Father’s Day gift segment, it just felt wrong.
Rebecca and Lee are definitely the cookie cutter Scammer Mum family.

I mean channel mum.

Reactions: 5
So channel mum are actually a PR firm/talent (I use that word loosely) agency?! And don't bother giving the "talent" any guidance or advice on ASA etc so they can get hammered online - gee, thanks!

What is the point of them? Do they dish out the freebies? Also, how did all of the vloggers get in tow with them? Can you just present yourself for duty?
They remind me of Gleam. Enough said.

Reactions: 4
My opinion would be it’s not necessary.
It’s a management company, any other influencers being mentioned are under the same management company as the Meldrums (and are being mentioned because she met them today!) that seem to have the same... “drive” for success. ?
It gives an interesting sub topic to the family themselves and shows how much CM influence the channel and the spons they get offered, much like Gleam do.
I’m enjoying seeing the comparisons and reading the information about CM.
(I’m about to sign up for scammer mum however. Better benefits. ?)

It definitely doesn’t bother me, there’s only so many times we can bring up the Disney ad saga, I like that we dig further than just one incident.
If this was the case we would maybe need a separate thread for Lee and other Mummy vlogger husbands. It seems to be flowing nicely and on topic because of today’s meeting.
Obviously I might be in the minority so maybe others are finding it annoying too. But I find it really interesting to see how the Meldrum effect seems to be a channel mum thing.
I agree with everything you said but i think Reb doesnt like sharing her thread :)

Reactions: 1
I agree with everything you said but i think Reb doesnt like sharing her thread :)
I hadn’t even noticed we have more trolls in the dungeon.... ??‍♀
However I saw LeeRoyal making his fabulous lunch and coffee.. mummy might be dipping the nuggets into bed and that fabulous looking coffee boomerang #InstaHubbyGoals might be fuel for the puppies tattle life run...... ?

Rebecca reminds me of some mediaeval queen, holding court over her “ladies” (other CM mummies), with them all running behind her, eager to please. But god forbid one steps out of line...

I really dont get the privaty thing. Why announce that you are boarding the flight? ?‍♀

Reactions: 3
Neither did I when I saw it on IG. I honestly thought she must of been taking the photo.

Me too. (Genuinely thought the person, who I now know is mrs m, was ten years older. Face remains v round, despite appearance of "new lips", but then again Cheryl said her face changed after Bear).

Posted this on Mumsnet but that thread (although still standing for now) isn't moving like this one.

The trouble is the followers, as consumers, have been misled to the extent they don't know what is and what isn't gifted or bought anymore from anyone. Even those influencers who do declare get caught up in it and those who don't continue to flout the rules and cry when caught. The flow chart makes it clear that if not an #ad so outside ASA, if gifted then should be declared per CMA as Advertisement Promotion or some such. ASA even say to steer away from misleading # like #spon or #gifted and just be as transparent as possible.

I don't get this whole "it's so murky and people not in the industry don't understand" bs. That's the whole point - you need to declare clearly to not mislead your "non-industry" followers so if you think they'll find it hard to understand what benefit you have received from a product then don't post until you're happy you have made your involvement clear in your #. And do it upfront too - not hidden away at the end in 20 other #.

Reactions: 7
View attachment 1941

OH OH....

1) A sponsored ASOS haul lovely!!
you know the one where you’re gifted a certain number of items a month and you’re allowed pretend you bought them

2) Tips and Tricks on how you trained your puppy Chicken Royal.

3) What to do when your husband ditches his job to be a mummy vlogger, and the best places to keep his balls that fit in with the autumnal aesthetic.

4) A Sponsored video for something nobody in their right mind needs ??‍♀
Or a review of the 29th buggy you’ve been sent for free.

5) Tips on how to fake a friendship online... because we KNOW you yummy mummy bloggers all hate each other ? (I’m including Lee)

I hope she takes one of my suggestions on board ?
I was going to suggest... how about she starts with honesty, integrity and following the rules and regulations. While she's asking I'll also put in a request for less ad's too. Too much?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The only reason it is confusing and that "people not in the industry" won't understand is because the vloggers/influencers/digital content creaters whatever these salespeople want to call it make it this way. It benefits them to keep us in the dark.

Going back to her post about being honest when doing ads etc, when Mrs M did The Salt Cave vlogs and insta posts last year she never disclosed these were ads/promoted even though she was paid to do them.. I know this as I worked there at the time and met her! Although it was pretty obvious she was promoting them by the length of her posts about them ?‍♀

Reactions: 13
I know nothing about Instagram/algorithms/how it works only that a lot of these scammer vloggers complain about them.... but wouldn’t it be great if Instagram charged business accounts when their content contained adverts/Spon/gifts/paid partnership, and when the post or story was an advert it had a border around it so that it was blatantly obvious? If a Instagrammer postS adverts without paying, their account immediately get suspended, 3 chances and lifetime ban. Let’s see how that would impact on the devious behaviour!! No one thinks ITV lets companies advertise for free, we need a shift so that vulnerable people can easily see that these scammers are not their friends but are use abusing trust of the followers!

It has never been more clear to me that its all ads. At this point I assume everything she mention is bulding a storyline for an ad.
And for that reason Mrs edgy you need to pay your taxes and be hounest.

That was a great idea @Notenoughgin

Reactions: 2
Great to flag that up, I'm reporting to the ASA please others do the same. Look at this salt caves post it's just a sales pitch and quite a few shared it!

Shameless!

Screenshot_20181113-092505.jpg

Screenshot_20181113-092602.jpg

Reactions: 1
Great to flag that up, I'm reporting to the ASA please others do the same. Look at this salt caves post it's just a sales pitch and quite a few shared it!

Shameless!

View attachment 1947
View attachment 1948
Me and my freind always thourght the salt cave was an ad.

Some influencers are much betterat hiding ads or weaving into other content.

The salt caves blatant ad.
Reb always sounds hard sell ott exited like a home shopping channel

Instastories... Lee’s taste in music is as questionable as his curry making! Anyway...

Posted this on Mumsnet but that thread (although still standing for now) isn't moving like this one.

The trouble is the followers, as consumers, have been misled to the extent they don't know what is and what isn't gifted or bought anymore from anyone. Even those influencers who do declare get caught up in it and those who don't continue to flout the rules and cry when caught. The flow chart makes it clear that if not an #ad so outside ASA, if gifted then should be declared per CMA as Advertisement Promotion or some such. ASA even say to steer away from misleading # like #spon or #gifted and just be as transparent as possible.

I don't get this whole "it's so murky and people not in the industry don't understand" bs. That's the whole point - you need to declare clearly to not mislead your "non-industry" followers so if you think they'll find it hard to understand what benefit you have received from a product then don't post until you're happy you have made your involvement clear in your #. And do it upfront too - not hidden away at the end in 20 other #.
I think people are just getting fed up and unfollowing all the shady ones now instead. People got angry about the deceit. They talked about it a lot on mumsnet. With the exception of some of the more savvy influencers, nothing much has happened though. The ASA lack any backbone. Unfollow and leave them to their selling circus, eh. That’s kind of where I am now and I’d guess that given the lack of traction on some of those threads, others are in the same camp.

Reactions: 2
Going back to her post about being honest when doing ads etc, when Mrs M did The Salt Cave vlogs and insta posts last year she never disclosed these were ads/promoted even though she was paid to do them.. I know this as I worked there at the time and met her! Although it was pretty obvious she was promoting them by the length of her posts about them ?‍♀
Any idea why they picked her
As its so niche only really doable for people who live that area Scotland.

Assumed was ad at time.

What was she like
Did she take the whole family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.