Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone please tell her that a flight that takes less then two hours and departs early morning is NOT a red-eye flight.
Oh I know she keeps on saying I’m on the red eye. It’s like Rebecca your trying to sound all too important there as if your flying international long haul. Red eye would leave after 9 and typically arrive 6am ish. It’s as if you’d be in bed but flying instead. Obv doesn’t know aviation lingo ??‍♀

Reactions: 5
I understand that, I just don’t understand why you’d want to or why it’s ok. Seriously, grown women tearing apart someone’s taste, style, grammar, parenting, looks etc. Literally obsessing over Every. Single. Thing. She saids or does. Why keep following? Report for the dodgy ads etc then move on surely? Why keep following, watching and dissecting? And actually, it’s been said a few times through these various threads that it wasn’t a personal witch hunt but a discussion of her business ethics, which is why it’s such a shame that it has in fact become a bit of a witch hunt, because then all credibility goes as well ?‍♀
I think it could come across like that but each poster has areas of the subject that interest them, not everyone is obsessing over every detail or posting about everything.

Reactions: 4
The same post is made by either a sheep, member of family or Rebecca every couple of days. Just trying to shut down the conversation.

If you don't like the site don't read it. She/he is using very similar language and terminology that Rebecca uses..

Reactions: 6
Oh I know she keeps on saying I’m on the red eye. It’s like Rebecca your trying to sound all too important there as if your flying international long haul. Red eye would leave after 9 and typically arrive 6am ish. It’s as if you’d be in bed but flying instead. Obv doesn’t know aviation lingo ??‍♀
The very first London flight out of Aberdeen is always referred to as the Red Eye. My partner uses it a lot and always refers to it. Commonly used term amongst commuters to London you'll find.

Reactions: 3
The same post is made by either a sheep, member of family or Rebecca every couple of days. Just trying to shut down the conversation.

If you don't like the site don't read it. She/he is using very similar language and terminology that Rebecca uses..
How desperate, I mean really? They or she justifies herself or themselves here but not in her on channel?!? Bunch of pathetics, if we weren’t right they wouldn’t be here reading all the comments!

Reactions: 1
I understand that, I just don’t understand why you’d want to or why it’s ok. Seriously, grown women tearing apart someone’s taste, style, grammar, parenting, looks etc. Literally obsessing over Every. Single. Thing. She saids or does. Why keep following? Report for the dodgy ads etc then move on surely? Why keep following, watching and dissecting? And actually, it’s been said a few times through these various threads that it wasn’t a personal witch hunt but a discussion of her business ethics, which is why it’s such a shame that it has in fact become a bit of a witch hunt, because then all credibility goes as well ?‍♀
Think you’re on the wrong website mate!! ?

Reactions: 2
The very first London flight out of Aberdeen is always referred to as the Red Eye. My partner uses it a lot and always refers to it. Commonly used term amongst commuters to London you'll find.
https://www.skyscanner.com/tips-and-inspiration/red-eye-flights

it’s the shuttle to London and back, as it’s a short flight done numerous times a day. Red eye is overnight quite often bringing passengers in for that all important work meeting next morning. Check any website or with airport I think people have got confused as they are getting up in middle of night to catch it and check in at 4 ish hence they use the term red eye but it’s not really a red eye flight and it being BA first flight of the day and not airbourne till 6am, but you are in the airport through the night and arriving to the office in London for start of the day, which is a similar scenario but your not flying long enough to call it that and didn’t leave in evening, you departed at 6am. And I’m pretty sure no BA pilots call it that when radio ing as we’d hear them on the scanner. Passengers leaving from New York to London for a 9am meeting would be on a red eye

Last edited:
The point of these threads was originally about not being transparent enough with #ADS and #Gifts but it has gone so much further then that.At a time when preventing online bullying amongst kids is being pushed with such importance, there are grown women sat on the internet for days on end taking the Mick out of a coat another women chooses to wear?! I’m at a loss.
Many people here used to follow the Meldrums.
You might call it «fans» or at least enjoyed the content. I followed them because I lived in Aberdeen for a while due to my husbands work, so it was nostalgy. Untill I realised how she deliberately lead people on. Started to react on how she expose her children. Which I am strongly against.

Of course one start to question things; some important and some less important. That is (thank god) human nature. Otherwise we all walked around blindfolded and didnt care about anything.
I am quite engaged in these topics and discussions on here. And never seen people obssed or anything near that. Its healthy to react and discuss.

The little skirmish with Rosie did get me thinking about influencer fraud and some of the shady things that are going on. I'm not suggesting MrsM Ltd is doing any of these things, this is more general in the industry as a whole.

- Undisclosed ads and gifting - is a review a genuine review or not - does the consumer know the influencer is incentivised to show off the product?
- Like pods amongst the influencer community creating fake engagement
- Buying likes and followers - a quick google shows there are dozens of companies offering this service - 1000 likes costs as little as £7!! how are these companies allowed to exist??
- Deleting comments so that only positive comments stand - this gives consumers and brands a misleading version of whether an influencer is popular or worth investing in or not - would a more traditional company get away with this? (well I suppose F&F did it but does this make it ok?)
- Fake profiles and bots - even with a private small profile you get bombarded with obviously fake profiles wanting to follow you - this isn't really fair on the influencers that want to be squeaky clean

Have I missed anything off? Why is nothing being done about this by the social media platforms or other regulators?
These are the main issues on here I dont know what you are on about? Her hairstyle etc? @Lucylockett

What do Channel Mum do exactly? Does anybody know?

They are essentially her agents

They get them brand deals
I looked at some of the other ones tagged on that photo today. You could have a whole section devoted to Channel Mum bloggers. Why don’t they address the transparency issue properly? They are damaging the brand.

Hardly any if the channel mums made it big.

Kate murnane used be on you tube as beauty vlogger pre kids and channel mum.

Emily and kate got biggest following

Unsure how many reached 100k or over.

A few have left

Natasha baille
Tiger lily
Sarah ingham.

Most if them all so samey clones.

Theres bit much diversity and many seem wealthy without you tube as their partners have well paid jobs.

I had to put my 2 pence in after lurking here and seeing Lee's Instagram.

How do us non instagram and youtube stars manage when Lee moans at the difficulties in life when they have two say at home parents and grandparents on tap always helping them out!
I know! We currently have no family member who can watch our 2 as my parents have passed and MIL is unable to physically do it, and I've a sibling who well.....well.......is too flaky to expect her to. So we go everywhere as 4 or as 1.

Reactions: 2
More likely commonly known as the 'red eye' by commuters that don't know what it's like to do an overnight flight from the U.S. and have to go straight from the airport to the office. Maybe having been enough lucky enough to grab a shower in the arrivals lounge first. Having to get up early to catch a flight doesn't really compare.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.