Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrBull

VIP Member
I’m all for calling out shady influencers. But he’s very focused on the Meldrums. And the vanilla meldrums are so far away from the type of people I’d imagine his followers would follow. There are plenty of shady influencers in his industry too... I just find it odd for that reason really. The other people calling the meldrums out are in a similar sector (parenting/cleaning etc so their followers would probably know who they’re on about) so makes more sense.

Reactions: 1

Meridabrave

I’m sure someone (known to the seller) mentioned previously that the original shed had been removed, so that would have been a new shed.

Bumbleroftheberries

Good cos I did wonder if she had made this page so she could accidentally forget to declare to the tax man now its not on her business page. Is it linked to Mrs Meldrum brand pages in anyway? why wouldn't she call it mrsmeldrumpreloved oops just realised that what I used to think I guess I preloved her god I was thick back then.
She posted an insta story promoting her Preloved handle [emoji6]

Abongo

VIP Member
Haunted house tours. She can get dressed up in the wedding dress - splash some ketchup all over it, be like a day out at the London Dungeons (the inchmarlo dungeons) charge a few quid for a tour of the house, the utility room and the shed. Get an Instagram photo booth set up in a wheelie bin 👍

Also - what kind of ridiculous business strategy is that? Make the selling page private?!!! Fuck sake!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣👍 good one Reb. Good one!
Put ketchup all over it then sell it

Ineedahero

No, under the updated rules set out by the ASA/CAP it should be clearly labelled as an AD.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a paid for advert, a gifted item with no obligation to post, an affiliate link - they are ALL advertising one way or another and as such they are ALL meant to be clearly marked as an advert.

There’s a very easy to follow flow chat made specifically for influencers on the ASA website that tells them EXACTLY how they should be labelling every damn post.

The Meldrums deliberately choose to ignore the rules to continue trying to fool those of follow them.
According to the ASA guide for influencers it has to be declared as an ad if they received payment AND the company has control over the content.

She still has to declare that it was a payment tho.

Least that's how I read it.

Attachments

Primrose2

Chatty Member
Is that plate with 5 bloody chips seriously her meal!!!??? Oh stooopid me... She has to maintain her teeny tiny size 8 body... But then why aren't they Quorn nuggets Mrs liar liar fake going veggie pants on effing fire!!!

I’m assuming that was the kids dinner 🤔

MrBull

VIP Member
He is focussing on a number of other influencers. This particular post is directed at the Meldrums, yes, but that isn't his sole focus.

And the ASA rules are universal (UK) and influencer culture is the same irrespective of industry
I know all about the ASA rules, you’re missing my point. I still find it weird 🤷🏼‍♀️

Canuk

Aberdeenshire has an open gate policy. No gates or fences. I found it very strange when I moved there as I grew up in England but it’s been like that for about 20years. Other parts of Scotland don’t have that policy.

My mum was a teacher in the area and she says if someone was to abduct a child from school a fence wouldn’t put them off 🤷🏻‍♀️
There is always an adult in the playground and a stranger would find it very intimidating trying to approach a child in a playground surrounded by other children. I’ve had countless arguments with her about it but apparently it’s fine to not have fences around a school in terms of safeguarding 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
None of the schools I went to had fences. I grew up in a different country and some of the stuff you guys worry about is very odd.

General you and it's not bad. Just different.

powderpower

Chatty Member
just back to the kitchen have they painted the work tops if you zoom in on the black worktop you can see paint strokes on it. Looks awful

powderpower

Chatty Member
That looks to me like it’s been wiped over with a very wet cloth or sponge, not painted.
hmm maybe it looks very streaky

The work top has defiantly changed it had white in it before you can see in the before and after so maybe they used the wrap covers that you can get. Still looks painted to me lol