Mrs Meldrum #49 Pat’s back to work, she’s so tired, how long before a nanny is hired?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never commented before but I've read and agreed with a lot of the comments. I'm lost for words with this whole kitchen thing. She's really strung people along with it and hyped her followers up with this cost effective easy way of transforming a kitchen. BUT it's all just been a sneaky promotion for a company. She couldn't even buy the paint herself. I'm sick to death of these infuencers telling me what I should do to have a life like theirs when everything about their life is a marketing campaign and all given to them. Morals of a greedy money grabbing conman dressed up as a little housewife preying on cash poor mums. What the hell sort of society are we living in?

• Heart
Reactions: 80
If it’s gifted should it be #AD?!

(Actually really like it and quite looking forward to seeing their video on how they did it - appreciate content like that but should still be labelled correctly?!)
From what I understand if the company doesnt have any control over what is posted ie having to use certain words/post x amounts of time then gifted is sufficient. It's the equivalent to sponsorship instead iyswim

Reactions: 6
Wanted a new kitchen like MOD/FOD - got some free cheap colour matched paint 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It looks suspiciously too good for them to have painted it themselves. The doors look like they have been spray painted, and when did they start this job? You really have to wait for the paint and varnish to cure for quite a while before putting doors back in use. Of course close up it could look like a pile of tit. 😏
Thought so too

Reactions: 9
From what I understand if the company doesnt have any control over what is posted ie having to use certain words/post x amounts of time then gifted is sufficient. It's the equivalent to sponsorship instead iyswim
Seems so wrong, they are advertising the paint/company, she received the paint as a form of payment, the company may/will get orders based on her showing it. Bloody joke isn’t it!

Reactions: 18
Oh I love decorating centre online and Helen is fab. Gutted they gifted them. Really actually pissed off about it. I'm so disappointed 😞

Reactions: 31
Oh I love decorating centre online and Helen is fab. Gutted they gifted them. Really actually pissed off about it. I'm so disappointed 😞
The Meldrums without doubt will have approached them not the other way around. Probably used their reach at bait to get what they want. 🙄

Reactions: 14

No, under the updated rules set out by the ASA/CAP it should be clearly labelled as an AD.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a paid for advert, a gifted item with no obligation to post, an affiliate link - they are ALL advertising one way or another and as such they are ALL meant to be clearly marked as an advert.

There’s a very easy to follow flow chat made specifically for influencers on the ASA website that tells them EXACTLY how they should be labelling every damn post.

The Meldrums deliberately choose to ignore the rules to continue trying to fool those of follow them.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The Meldrums without doubt will have approached them not the other way around. Probably used their reach at bait to get what they want. 🙄
Yeah I reckon you're right. Still peed off they didn't research about her first though, as I'm sure if Helen knew they wouldn't have gifted them. I had a feeling the other day on Lees stories, it was DCO, as it showed their sticker on the top of a paint can and I was so hoping they had actually bought it themselves, more fool me for thinking that.

Reactions: 8
They definetley had a professional involved....i was very suspsious that Rebecca kept showing us her paint splattered hands accidentally on purpose.

Looks like there are new handels on the cabinets too.

A professional has definetley been involved.

The usual meldrum bullshit and lies!!!

And on another note...Just how much does she love herself??!!!
It is so cringe the constant preening herself in front of the camera...What do people in Real life think of it?

I'd be so,so embarassed, how does she leave the house...never mind do the school run. Doesn't everyone in her village just think she's a massive tit?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Come on Reb just start putting AD on all your posts as most of them are adverts and at least then you wont get it wrong. To help you out yet again I've corrected your latest ones making it completely clear they are ADs. Your welcome by the way Reb.

Screenshot_20190712-195436_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190712-195517_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190712-200304_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Good job she put her bright orange hand on the chore chart on her stories, otherwise it would have been white affiliate on a white background (again!! 😡🙄)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes it would be fine with ASA but not under CMA rules they would say it's an AD as she has technically been paid as a gift is payment look at the chart below

Screenshot_20190712-201645_Drive.jpg

Reactions: 13
Let’s see her keep up with the responsibility charts now. After all, we know she’s so so good at sticking to things.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
have they used dc-fix on worktops?

tiles as well, they have changed...painted?....these are not quick and easy jobs. did they really do all that themselves with the kids off school?

Reactions: 12
Tiles have def been changed not sure if just painted as she hasn't said anything the worktops I dont think have changed I think it's just the lighting is making them look different

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The kitchen cupboards look ok - looks cheap but ok. I still don’t like the the decorative cooker hood, screams 80s to me. Is it just plain white? Makes it look plasticky. The tiles look dreadful. I would’ve rather saved up and replaced the wall tiles. Maybe give up a few ramming sessions/nails/holidays 🤔 Bet she’s absolutely fuming that no one has offered them a free kitchen like some of the big Instagrammers. If only it wasn’t for those evil tattlers/trolls making her have to put up with that poor mans kitchen renovation! 😳

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.