Mrs Meldrum #46 It’s my pity party and I’ll cry (and call you bullies) if I want to!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a lurker who has generally found Mrs Meldrum unlikeable and deceitful. I am not, however, a troll. I have never passed comment on anything she’s done or reported her and have quietly disapproved of some of the personal comments on here.

My main gripe is her whole ‘block and delete’ attitude to anyone who dares question her or have a difference of opinion. Normal businesses are not allowed to operate in this way and that’s what brand Meldrum is. It’s like a little dictatorship where no one dare question their leader.

I think she has some very loyal followers who are perhaps rather naive to the underhand sales tactics and how she treats others. I’ve seen her blunt one word replies and read stories as to why fans have been blocked and deleted. I think before going on an abusive rampage it may be worth educating themselves as to why brands have stopped working with her. It’s absolutely not because of tattle.

My final comment is WHY can’t she just admit when she’s made mistakes. Not just a general skimming over it but admit why she’s messed up and how she’s trying to put it right.

Everything seems so insincere. Mental health and anxiety one day and then on top of the world the next ... each time a new set of followers who are brought in by the mental health issues 🤔

Just because I have a difference of opinion and do not agree with how she operates that does not make me a troll!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She should be thanking tattle . I doubt she has gained that amount of followers in such a short space of time for a long time 🤣 you're welcome edgy.......maybe you could send us all a #presssample #gifted bobbi brown lipstick or maybe even a cashmere jumper to help us deal with all the anxiety we have had recently due to the abuse from your "fans" 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Haven't posted on here for a while since I received a DM on Instagram from a different 'mummy influencer' who had sussed out who I really was. Anyway, after that happened, I went and blocked a fair few of the accounts and although I read here, I didn't post - but this has riled me somewhat and I went to post on my Insta yesterday but deleted it out of fear of backlash.

So, what I want to say is: This site has really opened my eyes to a lot of people online and their behaviour. I don't agree with some of the things that people say on here, and that's fine because we're adults and I just scroll on by. However, I am getting really fed up with the constant 'troll' comments from influencers about people whose opinion differs. That does not make someone a troll. She needs to take a good hard look at herself and her following as they are the ones who are causing real harm. Rebecca does a lot of damage control on her social media and deletes and blocks any comments that are not sucking up to her. Her sheep think it is acceptable to send private messages to those who disagree with her telling them to Kill themselves etc. So who's the troll there? Perhaps the police should spend their time investigating those people?

Oh wow how did they find out about you?

Reactions: 9
Some idiot on Instagram is posting on Messiahs page and accused Tattle of committing a 'cyber crime'. I have an account I never use (don't really 'do' instagram) and asked how a cyber crime has been committed. Of course she's avoiding answering but Messiah asked, quote, 'is sending direct messages to kill myself more of a cyber crime than people talking about an influencer on a message board?'
I hope he's ok but also that he considers taking this to the police.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
That article wasent kind, they are bullying trolls.

I do remember the faux row in Aldis where she walked out because Lee did not have a clue what they were buying.
What a lovley word boden fresh
Berry granola for breakfast? Where do I buy such a delicious cereal.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m a lurker who has generally found Mrs Meldrum unlikeable and deceitful. I am not, however, a troll. I have never passed comment on anything she’s done or reported her and have quietly disapproved of some of the personal comments on here.

My main gripe is her whole ‘block and delete’ attitude to anyone who dares question her or have a difference of opinion. Normal businesses are not allowed to operate in this way and that’s what brand Meldrum is. It’s like a little dictatorship where no one dare question their leader.

I think she has some very loyal followers who are perhaps rather naive to the underhand sales tactics and how she treats others. I’ve seen her blunt one word replies and read stories as to why fans have been blocked and deleted. I think before going on an abusive rampage it may be worth educating themselves as to why brands have stopped working with her. It’s absolutely not because of tattle.

My final comment is WHY can’t she just admit when she’s made mistakes. Not just a general skimming over it but admit why she’s messed up and how she’s trying to put it right.

Everything seems so insincere. Mental health and anxiety one day and then on top of the world the next ... each time a new set of followers who are brought in by the mental health issues 🤔

Just because I have a difference of opinion and do not agree with how she operates that does not make me a troll!
Very well said.

To be honest though I don't think she's unique in this. From what I've seen almost all the Mummy flogger types are similarly duplicitous and block and delete critics. Maybe they are advised by management? Most of the Gleam lot do this. I know she's not with Gleam but she does seem to model herself on their family vloggers, a lot of her content has the whiff of the Sacconejolys about it. Poo. Lol.
Joking apart, I think the industry relies on lies and liars. The flaw is inbuilt with the influencer economy. If they were 'honest' then people would see how unjust it all is and how unfair that they get so much for doing so little, so deflection and deception are the order of the day and the CMA and ASA don't have the resources to monitor it all.
We urgently need some sort of third party watchdog with real teeth to clean up the industry. Legislation is the only way.

Reactions: 15
Some idiot on Instagram is posting on Messiahs page and accused Tattle of committing a 'cyber crime'. I have an account I never use (don't really 'do' instagram) and asked how a cyber crime has been committed. Of course she's avoiding answering but Messiah asked, quote, 'is sending direct messages to kill myself more of a cyber crime than people talking about an influencer on a message board?'
I actually messaged Messiah last night because I was worried. He said he was fine and laughing it of. I do worry, all these death threats and hate messages must be bringing him down.

The ironic thing is the trolling coming from the sheep. Reb cries about tattle and how we are "trolling" but her followers are sending death threats to , Kermit and Messiah as well as embarrassing themselves on brand pages. So talking about a public figure on a forum is trolling but sending death threats and doxing is perfectly acceptable?!?
I can't believe I almost felt sorry for her the other day.

Sorry my earlier post should have read 'to the retiring tattlers'.. I'm not leaving but some of my faves are. 😔 Not because of being found out, I know we've done nothing wrong but I think it's because we've seen the same old cycle of drama, tears, manipulation and sulking from Mrs meltdown so (so 🙄) many times now. I said at the end of last week, she was the closest ever to turning it right round and getting on her feet when she admitted to one follower she'd been over zealous in her deleting and blocking, posted next day she'd do better but at the end of that day instead she went the other way, lost the plot, acted illegally and let her sheep trolls loose. 🤔
Omg I’m glad you are not retiring!🙏😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Doxxing is a crime, but the sheep will not mention that. Rebecca exposed Kermit and others of the same name, who may never have heard of Instagram even, to Lord knows what. Kermit is not a public figure, she does not put her personal life out for the world to comment on. Kermit used a gossip site...to gossip, to be fair her posts were probably beneficial to Reb on what she should be putting out content wise/what not to do to boost engagement. No, Rebecca did not mention all those who did defend her on here and offer PR/Marketing/Legal and consumer advice...which the Meldrum’s took on board as it became obvious they read Tattle.
Calling someone out for condoning racism leads to being told “Kill yourself”? Wow! I saw earlier that someone had made comments on Messiah Kaeto’s children, hoping they did not look like him. If that was on Tattle the difference would be, it would be shut down immediately. We maybe labelled trolls but I see, time and time again, members putting a stop to comments that get too personal.
I hope Kermit is ok after Rebecca’s ILLEGAL doxxing and hope Messiah Kaeto keeps fighting the good fight.

• Heart
Yeah I know, what a dick, what Messiahs been through is so much worse, the messages are horrendous😪

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Never heard of her probably jumping on the wagon for follows .
Rosie is the wife of Chris Ramsay, she has a big following, 185K on Instagram. They do a podcast together. I have just unfollowed, Irony is, most of what was on here about her was quite nice...but let’s all jump on the Troll bandwagon and get the engagement.

Reactions: 11
Her example of likening selling Avon to being an influencer 🙄 it's not the same thing! I just can't get my head round the fact they cannot understand the advertising issue!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just seen a post on TOMM's Instagram that's really pissed me off! A small section says "I think that ignoring hate speech can be misconstrued as tacit agreement" SHE'S BEEN SUPPORTING MELDRUM SINCE SHE'S BEEN BACK AFTER LIFTGATE!!! 😡 I love gems account and don't want to unfollow, and I can't comment this on her page or I could end up blocked! 😂 had to rant it somewhere!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
As you say it's a big if but if it should happen no doubt someone would start a thread on GOMI (get off my internets). It's primarily U.S. site about U.S. mummy floggers and 'grammers but does have a British section. They are a bunch of hyenas over there, us tattlers look like Sunday school teachers in comparison 😉. Be careful what you wish for Rebecca 😲😲😲
That's the funny thing, this is one of the mildest and nicest forums out there that discuss social media influencers. Have these people seen what else is out there? The mail online comments are far worse. Out of tens of thousands of messages every month a few overstep the line and are delt with.

This has all gone too far and infuencers are just showing themselves up.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.