Mrs Meldrum #45 Begging 9 to 5, what a way to make a living.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a person I have nothing against her, as a business if you continue to break rules, delete and block your consumers who ask valid questions like 'shouldn't this be makes as an AD?' If you use a black woman as a cover when you leave in an offensive comment in a vlog, if you say you welcome feedback and then switch off your comments then you don't deserve brands paying you to post, especially when there are plenty more mummy vloggers out there to choose from.
Tattle may have started out as a gossip site and people may think we are a bunch of bitchy trolls but we are doing a much better job of making sure vloggers / influencers are held accountable for there actions and are transparent and honest than the PR agencies or Advertising complaints agencies do.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I don't think all the comments I see nows on Insta and you tube are tattlers at all.
Every time she blocks and deletes she drives more people here.
I think some sheep are seeing things more clearly.
They are seeing the deleted comments and conversations that make no sense.
The rants about trolls and just unfollow and joining the dots.
Lee and reb are destroying their brand not this site.
They tried to come back and act relatable but still not pulling it off.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Know I might sound like a complete witch, but I don't really feel sorry for her. Of course if she apologises and explains properly then everyone should move on.

But let's be honest, she's been skating on thin ice for months, making duck up after duck up. Why should she get away with it? If she was an accountant and made a few duck ups, she'd be quite rightly fired. They might also have children, but in business unfortunately that doesn't really come in to it.
YouTube and Insta isn't going to last forever. Instead of buying the murder mansion, they should have been putting money aside and making sound investments and having a plan for when it goes tits up. Because eventually it will. BUT, they're not as skint as they say...
Another reason I don't feel sorry for her, is she's been blatantly saying that they're skint, so skint Pat's had to eat the crust of the bread while lady muck stands there in her gym shark leggings flashing her diamonds about. Planting that seed to get everyone on side ready for the ads coming.
Emotionally manipulating viewers to feel sorry for them, because they're "normal".

Sorry,but when we're skint, I'm not off having my nails done, hair done, husband away playing golf going on stag/hen dos. Having 3 weeks of Insta and YouTube is not good enough I'm afraid.
Wow, sorry for the long post, had a lot to get off my chest there 🤣🤣
I literally don't feel sorry for her at all. The amount of moaning she does is really disrespectful. There are so many people struggling in this world and she can't even survive a day (with husband at hand) to look after the children. It is vile and draining to listen to. If she cannot handle it anymore then go find a job, like everyone else does!! The only reason she doesn't want to is because shes so damn lazy and wants freebies dropped off at murder mansion everyday. All this talk about they are so skint, really winds me the f*** up. How can you be skint when you don't pay for anything, the holidays, clothes, everything is free? Remember when she used to show how much stuff she would get in the post each day? She thinks we forget that. She is disgustingly manipulative and plays that card so that people don't bring her out for all the begging she does. Unfortunately for her, we know. When she does try and apologise, she makes people feel like crap saying I know my reality is difficult. Its a joke

• Heart
Reactions: 26
There are some very good points being made but, for me, I'm afraid the Mrs Meldrum ship has sailed.
The time to apologise was when she came back. She will only do it now so tattlers won't contact brands and inform them of her many misdeeds.
She was very withering in her post about the hands people are dealt.. the difference is she dealt herself this hand. There is nobody she can shift the blame to (though she will try).
If I had to make a choice between having Mrs Meldrum going on or Poppy not having a camera stuck in her face every day to make her parents money, I would choose the latter every single time.
It's a pity her mother and father cannot do the same.
Dizzymare i can see your point, but not saying sorry and being honest is the cause of her troubles , my only worry is that it’s gone this far someone should have spoken to her a fellow blogger, channel mum or her parents and encouraged her to address the lying and the frankly childish reaction she did do wrong , if she allows this to affect her children or relationship then again this would be down to her she has used her family to promote her YouTube channel nobody forced her to do this I don’t want to see her or her family damaged those children especially but it’s on her her attitude re entry has been obnoxious she has behaved like a spoilt brat , maybe her friends and family have spoken to her but if they have then she is not listening !

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I just watched Reb had issued a proper remorseful apology and taken ownership of what happened. It's the girls I feel for.

Reactions: 5
The issue with Mrs M issuing an apology and making it 'go away' is this:

It has to be heartfelt - i.e holding her hands up and admitting her mistake, admitting that she tried to disguise it by covering it with ridiculous music, admitting that she used a follow friday to try and deflect that she was being called racist... but to admit all of these things she is then putting her hands up to admit that her initial 'apology' was a load of lying bollocks because she made it out that she removed the video as soon as it was brought to her attention.

She therefore has to admit to lying to followers (🐑) and that isn't going to happen so I personally don't see a genuine apology coming anytime soon

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I just watched Reb had issued a proper remorseful apology and taken ownership of what happened. It's the girls I feel for.
She's apologised today?
Where. She's blocked so many people we can't see it.

Reactions: 3
One of the sheep or maybe Reb or a family member had put this on the organix insta...why don’t they get that SHE is responsible for what she puts out in the name of her business?!
Does this person not realise though that as soon as the messages started coming through, someone at the PR team at Organix will have googled Mrs meldrum and found all the racism stuff themselves. They wouldn’t just cut a contract with an influencer based on some emails and Instagram messages - they would have checked it out for themselves and were clearly horrified. Rightly so.

Reactions: 25
I don’t feel sorry for her at all!! It’s all her fault she would have watched that footage when editing and heard what was said she was there too she reacted and heard!! Why the hell she left it in I cannot even understand!! She thinks she above it all and can get away with it because of all her little sheep!! This time no Mrs M!! If she made a proper apology then that’s fine but she didn’t she ran away and thought giving time it would all be forgotten about!! YouTube is her jam after all she should know better!!

So I am glad companies do not want to work with her

Reactions: 13
Tattle may have started out as a gossip site and people may think we are a bunch of bitchy trolls but we are doing a much better job of making sure vloggers / influencers are held accountable for there actions and are transparent and honest than the PR agencies or Advertising complaints agencies do.
Exactly. The companies using these floggers for advertising their products need to be doing more digging on their background. Or Rebs herself should have been upfront and transparent to the brand regarding her own online profile and how the brand might get backlash but she didn’t.

Pointing out influencers past digressions to brands is nothing new, so she’s not special.

Many of you may not follow the ingham thread but similar happen last week with a brand not doing any background checks on who they gift/undeclared AD with. Whatever partnership they had going on was ended when they were contacted not before Nuby breached GDPR.

Another Rebecca- RKV tweeted in the past how much she hated bloom and wild, but was given a paid partnership recently and that was also swiftly deleted.

They put all their eggs in one basket when Lee “left” his job so she could do this full time when she had 30k subs. Anyone with any sense would have swallowed their pride and done a proper apology.

Reactions: 18
Last week she breached other kids privacy by filming other peoples kids at sports day for an A.D. with zoom baby which zoom baby deleted not sure reb did.

She's used to brands like Tesco and Neilson covering her back on the brand pages by deleting.

This is 1st time a brand has said they not working with her publically.
Many have said they won't via direct message or email.
It's amazing how little research brands do.

Do you think organix gig was channel mum throwing her a bone .
Or did brand approach her direct or vice versa.
She's been quietly dropped ellas and possibly olay.
Neilson who knows they were shifty.
Tesco super shifty over Disney.

Reactions: 14
Let's put this in perspective:
You are at work and a colleague of yours (who is a mother and the sole earner for her family) is not pulling her weight...she puts in little to no effort, relies on others for ideas and takes no responsibility when she makes a mistake.
Because you are a caring person, you kindly point out to her many times where she is going wrong and suggest how she could improve.
She thanks you by calling you a head and a troll.
Eventually she gets caught out and loses her job. How do you feel?
Yes, you feel sorry for her children BUT she brought this on herself. She had ample opportunity to change her ways but chose not to.
Her life will go on. Either herself or her husband will get work. The children may not have nice things for a while but they will benefit in other ways.

It is not your responsibility to feel guilty for her stupidity.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I personally don't see how making an apology weeks later would make any difference🤷‍♀️ An honest apology should have been done straight away. If she does apologise then it is obvious it's only because brands don't want to work with her not because she is truly sorry for leaving a racist joke in her vlog.

Reactions: 35
There is very little she can do now to redeem herself. Any apology; I don't think she knows how to provide one, but it will be purely to get brands to work with her. She genuinely does not understand the effect of liftgate, she really doesn't. This is the problem. I have less than zero sympathy and disagree with @Dizzymare, this is not a witch hunt. This is holding a bigoted, racist, fat-shaming woman to account. She doesn't care about her kids and or her marriage, why should we?

Reactions: 17
She clearly heard the remark, she raised her eyes/eyebrows, probably thought it was funny/edgy😡. Sorry, she has completely flouted the rules for a long long time. Remember she is a company, she is not above the law. Don’t fort the whole DLP fiasco, I DMd and asked clearly if it was just VIP tickets that were gifted or the whole trip, i was BLOCKED! She is a company, would it be ok for Sainsbury’s to do that? No it wouldn’t and that’s what annoys me most about her and a lot of the others, on one hand it’s her company, her job, she’s the sole wage earner blablabla, then when the tit hits the fan she’s just a mum and we are trolling her 🤷🏻‍♀️ No, not acceptable, she’s greedy, grabby, has shown her true colours. The best thing that could ever happen to those girls would be if their mum got a job that didn’t involved selling their childhoods.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I personally don't see how making an apology weeks later would make any difference🤷‍♀️ An honest apology should have been done straight away. If she does apologise then it is obvious it's only because brands don't want to work with her not because she is truly sorry for leaving a racist joke in her vlog.
I agree that it should have happened when she first came back , also her reaction to comments on the octopus story I found was very telling I still believe that she would have said she could not believe the drama over a bleeping joke i am pretty sure this is how she felt , I have said it before I know but she has no empathy with others , going to a food bank empty handed was disgraceful she is a spoilt madam who believes she is entitled not even sure this will make her stop and think she will just blame the jealous trolls again !

Reactions: 25
Sorry about the Jammie Dodger comparisons Organix, personally I will continue to not buy your products but good for you not using Mrs M, praise where it’s due I guess.
(I stand by what I said though 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.