Mrs Meldrum #45 Begging 9 to 5, what a way to make a living.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Catching up on you tube and interesting vlog from Katie Ellison.

It's interesting how her and her husband both balance being self employed/ being at home and the kids.

Obviously the time Katie spends on editing is probably way more than reb.
She said in another vlog she wasent feeling too great and sit down chatty videos are quickest and easiest to do.
She also said you can't just have A.D. that you have to have natural content or people would unfollow.
Also how she turns down some things like cricket.
A what you eat video takes 3 hours. Travel and days in life a lot longer.
Of course she's adding good thumbails/ describing links music things reb doesn't always do.
Just the level of professionalism and how they veiw work that Jons often in the office from 9am weekday but can work late into the evening or night he's bit at gym or golf course like Lee.
They seem to juggle childcare school runs clubs and cooking between them.
Katie said she doesn't film much after school as that's the kids down time.
Both jon and Katie have hobbies.
Jon gym and cycling, Katie running but doesn't seem takeover their lives the weekends and had terms are quality time as a family.
Katie has a proper office in which she works most days and treats her job with professionalism and pride.
She doesn't get all positive comments but she doesn't delete or block.

Such a contrast to Meldrums where all we see is them do no work all day and over expose their kids from morning to night 7 days a week.
All we see is their me time when will Lee realise no one cares about golf.

Reactions: 17
I know this will be extremely unpopular but what is the end result people want to see here, is it that her online career & livelyhood will be completely destroyed. She took almost 3 months off from online advertising which I'm sure hit them hard financially. Is that not punishment enough. It's beginning to seem particularly vindictive.
For the sake of vulnerable postnatal viewers I would like her to issue an explanation and a truly heart felt apology for her fat shaming tweets. For the human race I would like them both to properly acknowledge the racism she condoned on her channel. I would like her to publicly apologise to the same sex father she blocked. If this isn’t done, as I would expect with any business, I do not feel such abhorrent behaviour should be condoned by other companies offering them business. If the boss of, say, Organix was outed for posting fat shaming tweets and for allowing racism to appear in their online content, and if I found out they had discriminated against a same sex couple I would hope for an apology and the right move would probably be a resignation. Going quiet for a few weeks doesn’t solve anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I know this will be extremely unpopular but what is the end result people want to see here, is it that her online career & livelyhood will be completely destroyed. She took almost 3 months off from online advertising which I'm sure hit them hard financially. Is that not punishment enough. It's beginning to seem particularly vindictive.
I think they want her to own past mistakes instead of carrying on in the same tone deaf, shady way. It's her fault if they have been hit hard financially? Don't be ridiculous. Do you say that about the other shady businesses who get caught and face the consequences?

Reactions: 10
So I’ve jusr watched the ASOS haul (by watch I mean skimmed), just wow is all I have to say. Money really can’t buy you class, she picked most hideous dresses and then made it clear how much she hated the first one, which in my opinion is way classier than that god awful orange one or that frilly one that she loved so much 🤢

Reactions: 14
She's no longer an ella kitchen ambassador.
I guess that frees her up to do organix..
No current conflict of interest.
How she finds the time being a unit gym ambassador and olay ambassador I don't know.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She’s deleted the organix post. Oh how I would love to know the reason behind that!

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I got the same reply..I did not comment in their grid page.

I remember Sarah from this mama life doing a behind the scenes look at the Insta and ads side if things.
Other vloggers said same things.
Basically it's a lot of back and forth
Brands have to approve the A.D..
She said often with brand work she has to chase them up to get paid and send invoices
After the A.D. has gone live many brands want engagment stats so how many likes and comments.
I suspect her book the publishers paid her a lump sum in advance so no effort.
There every chance paid partnership are paid after sometimes months after.
So if A.D. is pulled because organix dident do proper research and multiple complaints then the meldrums won't get paid .

Reactions: 17
.... and that is how every brand should stand on the whole episode, her behaviour and subsequent behaviour since.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
What's replaced it. There's another post...

Edited, I can see it now. Nothing exciting. Another nuclear fallout in Banchory blue grass pic.... 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
What would it take for this to stop I hear being shrieked?............an apology imo. An actual heartfelt apology.

Ps I keep checking everyday to check that the non-apology hasn't been deleted yet.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.