Mrs Meldrum #45 Begging 9 to 5, what a way to make a living.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like the insta free loaders will fight to the end to justify grabbing everything they can, doing all the ads, sponsors, Gifted the list goes on. It terrifies me as I see young families trying to live there life out on social Media and make it their job! What are your kids learning, how to talk to a camera, post all your personal business about how you wake up, what you eat, bedtime, bathtime, school run, what you do on the weekend, when you are ill, sharing your birthday the list is endless all for anyone, anyone in the whole world with access to the internet to watch you!! It's not about up lifting people, sharing information or helping anyone it's all about look at me and it will always be about look at me!

Reactions: 20
I know this will be extremely unpopular but what is the end result people want to see here, is it that her online career & livelyhood will be completely destroyed. She took almost 3 months off from online advertising which I'm sure hit them hard financially. Is that not punishment enough. It's beginning to seem particularly vindictive.
You suggest that the hiatus was a break for poor Rebecca the victim. I'm sorry, she wasn't away three months. It was three weeks and that time was ONLY because she was *hoping* it'd all be forgotten and she'd never have to apologise. I genuinely hope her arrogance, petulance and bigotries are exposed, as she is running a business INFLUENCING others. If we were racist in our work or dishonest we would lose our income too wouldn't we? It's business, not personal!

Well that whole poor me card didn’t last long. Back on the ads already.
On a side note, if Poppy is there as well, is she really going to sit for the whole hour and a half with those on?
Exactly!!

Reactions: 16
It looks like the app powster is nothing to do with Disney. Just a ticket selling site. One user asked who whether she was advertising Cineworld, Disney or toy story 4 and she answered (ambiguously) the whole caboodle. Which may be her way of implying any or all of those big companies, when actually it’s none of those just ‘Powster’ and it’s to save face.

Cineworld certainly wouldn’t pay someone to advertise a third party ticket selling site when they have their own website.
And this could be why she’s advertising 3D specifically because she could get more commission etc for the more expensive 3D tickets.

Reactions: 13
20190621_232214.jpg

Sunglasses cover the eyes..........3D glasses one can see through.........
Florence - looking directly at camera
Safiyah - looking directly at camera
Mrs m - looking to left of photographer ?towards a Poppy running away/messing about?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Wait she actually said the whole caboodle in a reply to someone who asked what was actually being advertised? Back to the shady underhand selling tactics 🙄 a straight up answer to her followers would be acceptable, not like that’s all we’ve wanted all along.

Reactions: 20
Wait she actually said the whole caboodle in a reply to someone who asked what was actually being advertised? Back to the shady underhand selling tactics 🙄 a straight up answer to her followers would be acceptable, not like that’s all we’ve wanted all along.
227095B3-E283-4B83-B18C-EA4C5FD6E2D8.jpeg
227095B3-E283-4B83-B18C-EA4C5FD6E2D8.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I stated (if you had bothered to read) that she hadn't done a paid advert in that time not that she hadn't posted on social media. I was referring to her loss of income and what price you wanted her to pay. For some of you it is to completely destroy her livelyhood. The delight you take in reporting her to ensure her business fails is quite frankly warped.
Mate why wouldn't you report people for wrong doing? If she had done a proper apology and dealt with it properly she wouldn't have been dropped? They didn't drop her due to a few emails, they dropped her because the emails prompted them to do better research into Mrs Meldrums LTDs business practices.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time?

Edited to add:

Also, what if her business fails? How can you possibly say that her business failing would be tattle' s fault?

I mean really? Reporting someone's business wrong doing, plus speaking out against casual racism seems pretty reasonable?

I hope it doesn't fail for the kids sake, but why don't they go and get a more stable job like all the other people who have a business that fails?

I mean where do you and all these other people get off thinking that an influencer's business or job is more important than anyone else, and that they should get away with any wrong doing?

If anything the industry should be more regulated.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
That must be why she hasn’t tagged Disney or Cineworld. As underhand (immoral / illegal) as it is I do feel sorry for her that she now feels she can’t be honest even if she wants to due to being mocked

Reactions: 1
That must be why she hasn’t tagged Disney or Cineworld. As underhand (immoral / illegal) as it is I do feel sorry for her that she now feels she can’t be honest even if she wants to due to being mocked
What do you mean being mocked? Or do you mean that the business will be called out for working with her, and she should get dropped?

Reactions: 7
Don’t feel sorry for her she still got paid. She produced the content already so they had to pay. She basically just got paid and then didn’t have to have the content up, she’ll be laughing about it

Reactions: 8
What do you mean being mocked? Or do you mean that the business will be called out for working with her, and she should get dropped?
For working with smaller (unheard of) brands while her peers get taken to DLP by supermarkets and taken to pre-viewings.

Don’t feel sorry for her she still got paid. She produced the content already so they had to pay. She basically just got paid and then didn’t have to have the content up, she’ll be laughing about it
Not if it’s commission only. There’s no ‘paid partnership’ hence why suggesting 3D more costly tickets

Reactions: 1
For working with smaller (unheard of) brands while her peers get taken to DLP by supermarkets and taken to pre-viewings.

Not if it’s commission only. There’s no ‘paid partnership’ hence why suggesting 3D more costly tickets
What? So you think her peers will be mocking her?

Let me ask you, what do you think her consequences should be for her actions?

I stated (if you had bothered to read) that she hadn't done a paid advert in that time not that she hadn't posted on social media. I was referring to her loss of income and what price you wanted her to pay. For some of you it is to completely destroy her livelyhood. The delight you take in reporting her to ensure her business fails is quite frankly warped.
She did one on the 25th of April. Wasn't 3 months? It would be 2 max.

Reactions: 3
Cineworld def reaching out to instagrammas... Louise pentlands ex husband justmattwatson had gifted free tickets to the cineworld at the London o2 last wkend for fathers day . He s got 218 k followers yet the last year he s gone very quiet on the grid... Prob cos he s a teacher at Darcey s school. A lot more followers then grabs... Lots more influencers Cineworld can link with instead of grubby grabecca !

Reactions: 3
I feel sorry for her kids. I work in a highly regulated business with prison terms for those found guilty of failing to work within the rules and regulations. I don’t feel sorry for her but I do think even the thickest skinned people would be beside themselves. which might lead to the over defensive behaviour she displays when she(her business) cocks up.
She seems to trip herself (her business ) up over and over and it’s sad to see. There are huge companies that have made mistakes time and time again, had advice and chances to recover and failed to do so. People have lost their jobs and families have suffered.
Regardless of her business failings she is still mummy to those girls I don’t wish that anyone or any family goes through hardship or job loss whatever the circumstances.
When she said there is no handbook for her job I honestly think she means more than the ASA and CMA (though they’d be a good place to start). CM should be guiding her better or if they don’t want to they should free her to get better proper actual management and business advice.

I think fines should be imposed where any influencer is found to be proven to be failing to follow guidelines. And those guidelines should be made law not guidelines. Not just for Mrs Meldrum ltd but across the board. The rules should be as simple as it used to be on itv programmes ie No product placement ever. Unless marked Advertisement with the company name. We don’t expect tv commercials to inform us how much they pay for an ad slot halfway through emmerdale or what the exact terms were.
Advertising is advertising and the rules need to be standardised across all media formats. That would make it so much easier for influencers and the public to understand what selling is and what being sold to is. And what the punishments are for failing to abide by the rules.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I feel sorry for her kids. I work in a highly regulated business with prison terms for those found guilty of failing to work within the rules and regulations. I don’t feel sorry for her but I do think even the thickest skinned people would be beside themselves. which might lead to the over defensive behaviour she displays when she(her business) cocks up.
She seems to trip herself (her business ) up over and over and it’s sad to see. There are huge companies that have made mistakes time and time again, had advice and chances to recover and failed to do so. People have lost their jobs and families have suffered.
Regardless of her business failings she is still mummy to those girls I don’t wish that anyone or any family goes through hardship or job loss whatever the circumstances.
When she said there is no handbook for her job I honestly think she means more than the ASA and CMA (though they’d be a good place to start). CM should be guiding her better or if they don’t want to they should free her to get better proper actual management and business advice.
I see where you are coming from. I feel sorry for those girls in more ways than one. I don't want their lives turned upside down because they've done nothing to deserve it. However no one thinks of the kids in other scenarios. If Mr Sainsburys messed up and lost his business would anyone take the kids into account then?

Is it because they sell their lives and their kids lives? Maybe the privacy would do the kids some good rather than harm.

Its a bit of a dark grey area. There's only so many chances you can get before you do have to face up to the consequences.

Reactions: 15
Not really a ' job loss ' ... If you 've been following the pair of them. Two stay at home parents... They do minimal hours work if that... Spend inordinate amounts of self proclaimed me me me time at the gym and golf club. I am stopping at this or I won't be able to stop at the ridiculousness of their whole situation of trying to make an affluent lifestyle by ....................... So many words I could add .. Fellow tattlers can add so me before I implode with pissed offness. Its her arrogance,vainess and ..................... So much more mommom including her mum life ... Getting cross on camera when her 4 yr old doesn't do her car seat up quickly enough... On her own while mum sits in the driving seat . Read the threads properly for the last history of HER actions please to get the full picture.

Reactions: 17
I see where you are coming from. I feel sorry for those girls in more ways than one. I don't want their lives turned upside down because they've done nothing to deserve it. However no one thinks of the kids in other scenarios. If Mr Sainsburys messed up and lost his business would anyone take the kids into account then?

Is it because they sell their lives and their kids lives? Maybe the privacy would do the kids some good rather than harm.

Its a bit of a dark grey area. There's only so many chances you can get before you do have to face up to the consequences.
I agree. So many businesses, some HUGE, have failed because of bad management and this is what this is. I’m sure there wasn’t a whole lot of pity for the kids during the banking crises or the collapse of BHS for example. Yes people for sure felt for the kids of the employees but not likely the men and women at the top who created the issues because they carried on living their millionaire lifestyles.
However I’m pretty sure the Meldrums are not fortunate enough to live mortgage free with millions in the bank. They may well have savings / investments but also they may not. We just don’t know, and as has been pointed out on here it’s not as easy as just looking in the paper and getting a new job with a moments notice.
I imagine they are really struggling to justify decisions they’ve made in the past. They aren’t evil people regardless how their business is run. I also imagine the SM as a job is a pretty difficult merry go round to jump off. When it’s been your whole life for years, it must be bloody terrifying to consider a future without it. Because she doesn’t have much of adult life pre YT etc it’s all she’s known.
I don’t feel sorry for them but I certainly feel sad for them because I can want to see the rules followed and still show compassion.

Not really a ' job loss ' ... If you 've been following the pair of them. Two stay at home parents... They do minimal hours work if that... Spend inordinate amounts of self proclaimed me me me time at the gym and golf club. I am stopping at this or I won't be able to stop at the ridiculousness of their whole situation of trying to make an affluent lifestyle by ....................... So many words I could add .. Fellow tattlers can add so me before I implode with pissed offness. Its her arrogance,vainess and ..................... So much more mommom including her mum life ... Getting cross on camera when her 4 yr old doesn't do her car seat up quickly enough... On her own while mum sits in the driving seat . Read the threads properly for the last history of HER actions please to get the full picture.
I have been here since very early days. I’m not saying she’s a perfect human being, mother, or role model. But any loss of income if it’s permanent is a job loss. And that’s what hurts families. The meldrums are such a small part of the problem. Take a look at the bucket list family. Now if there’s a family that CAN afford to step away from SM it’s them - and they do it a whole lot less legally than the worst of the CM mums. Rules are rules are rules. And we can’t punish the few without punishing the many.

And I have commented several times over the months calling her out. I’m just a pretty happy mum who hates bad situations and actions rather than hating the person. We only see such a small amount of their day. I’m not going to wish any kind of hardship on people. I just wish for tighter regulation but I guess the powers that be have only so many staff and RM is small fry compared to others. I hope as it trickles down it will get better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Insomnia night😤😤. Rebs and teams delete fingers will more than likely remove before a lot of you will see
B07C95CA-8E0C-4CF8-8C97-C4715E4C1B4C.jpeg
DDA9F3A6-C7FA-414E-8B48-E44077051BD3.jpeg
this on her grid pic at the cinema last night

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.