Mrs Meldrum #40 TITLE TEXT HERE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did turn out for Sue Ryder thoughšŸƒšŸ»ā€ā™€ļøbut she could easily have raised so much more by donating something herself and promoting the run more, visiting Dee View court, having a competition etc etc.
She did that to make herself look good.... the 90 day transformation was to make her look good by the pool on the are they/arenā€™t they going Greek Neilson holiday. Itā€™s all about her feeling better than the other mums and making them feel like tit. She has to look better than other people itā€™s all part of her personality. Her ego is huge, who knows why. She is not really one of lifeā€™s success stories. She got lucky for a while and it was luck not skill....she has very few talents, very debatable qualifications (the Mickey Mouse BA especially) and sheā€™s hugely dislikable to anyone with an ounce of sense. I bet sheā€™s gutted if they are not going to Greece as she couldnā€™t wait to film herself in all her bikinis look at me and gym bod šŸ¤® whatever....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
So I dipped out of here at the beginning of December, I think, because the sheer amount of fuckery this woman gets up to was not good for my blood pressure. Wow, I've missed a lot! I've spent the last few days catching up and I have some thoughts.

Firstly, all these people asking if Reb is ok, have any of them thought to ask Candice if she's ok? I want to say I'm shocked by a white woman using a black woman as a buffer from the backlash over her own white privilege, but honestly I'm not. I think this is a prime example of how our white centric society is so blinded to the damage everyday racism causes. And the fact that Reb thought it was ok to use Candice in that way (and wasn't it the week before this that Candice's young daughter experienced racism at school?) just shows the exact type of person she is.

Honestly, I don't think she'll see that what she's done is wrong at all. She'll have all her white middle class friends telling her that of course it's not her fault. It was just a silly, offhand joke that she didn't even make herself. And tell her that she did Candice a favour by promoting her, because none of them have any bloody concept of the wider issues. Because they're all pig ignorant because it's not an issue that effects them.

I think she's taking a break like MOD did after she was called out on her bullshit. It's to avoid actually having to deal with any of the tit she causes. such a shock! MOD was back after a month, I bet the Meldrum's will be, too.

Racism aside, I saw something that really made me think yesterday. Someone had done article on this years Tony Award nominees. Adam Driver was quoted a saying something along the lines of, "If we're expecting 900 people to take two hours out of their lives to come and see us then we have to make it worth their while." So a famous Oscar nominated Hollywood actor believes he needs to do his best for his audience or it's not worth it, and then you have these influencers, particularly Rebecca, pushing out tit content and expecting us to be grateful for it. Ads pay the bills, sure, and I think most viewers are willing to watch a balanced amount of ads in exchange for content. But that content has to be good. I haven't watched anything from Mrs Meldrum in months but if it's the same as it was late last year then it's half-arsed tit. You could tell Rebecca wasn't even enjoying making it.

Personally I think she'd be much happier getting off the influencer train sooner rather than later.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She has a paid partnership with Ella's kitchen and clearly the food bank knew this when she visited. If both Ella's kitchen and the food bank wanted extra exposure via Meldrums I don't see this is as a bad thing. Yes she got paid, but do we know that she got SPECIFICALLY got paid for the visit or was it part of the payment she received for the partnership? What is Ella's kitchen ongoing involvement with the food bank? However, \I agree, she could have turned up with a donation or made a public statement that she donated part of her fee (however small) but the exposure she gave the food bank is not bad a thing. Do we know how many extra donations her visit bought in?

Reactions: 2
She has a paid partnership with Ella's kitchen and clearly the food bank knew this when she visited. If both Ella's kitchen and the food bank wanted extra exposure via Meldrums I don't see this is as a bad thing. Yes she got paid, but do we know that she got SPECIFICALLY got paid for the visit or was it part of the payment she received for the partnership? What is Ella's kitchen ongoing involvement with the food bank? However, \I agree, she could have turned up with a donation or made a public statement that she donated part of her fee (however small) but the exposure she gave the food bank is not bad a thing. Do we know how many extra donations her visit bought in?
The food bank and the recent run.
All about people giving her positive praise and attention.
Yes some good but her reasons were selfish and driven.

Reactions: 9
She wouldnā€™t turn up to a mates party without a bottle surely - itā€™s what you do. You DO NOT go to a foodbank under the premise of promoting them and turn up empty handed. Iā€™m sorry. Itā€™s unforgivable but not surprising from her in the slightest. And at Christmas too??! This was one of her all time highs for public duck ups.... I donā€™t think her relationship with Ellaā€™s or payment has anything to do with the power of her actions....deplorable.

And I donā€™t think it will have done anything for their donations...precisely nothing if you include that she didnā€™t even take a can of beans to put in the donation box....

• Heart
Reactions: 30
She wouldnā€™t turn up to a mates party without a bottle surely - itā€™s what you do. You DO NOT go to a foodbank under the premise of promoting them and turn up empty handed. Iā€™m sorry. Itā€™s unforgivable but not surprising from her in the slightest. And at Christmas too??! This was one of her all time highs for public duck ups.... I donā€™t think her relationship with Ellaā€™s or payment has anything to do with the power of her actions....deplorable
She had been to the shops Xmas shopping and out to lunch before she arrived at fareshare in the vlog.
That's what I find the most distasteful.
Afterwards it really showed how ignorant she was.
She kept on about reverse advent calendar we never saw that.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I have confused myself now too.
Was the gran Canaria holiday in Sept Tui or Thomas cook?
Just checked I'm feeling really stupid.
Tui and Thomas cook are still different companies? Yes they merged in Feb.

I had no issue with Gran Canaria
It was clearly labelled as AD and made clear it was gifted and the girls said it was their best holiday because they spent time together.
Now maybe I'm getting years and Majorca/Tenerife mixed up.
I know they had 1 paid for holiday with bad weather at start if 2018 had no idea if was gifted or an AD.
However dident some few threads back post a tweet from Tui with someone complaining that she wasn't a blogger they wish to associate with.
They are so sneaky and dishonest.
So most likely tenerife/ Neilson Italy Neilson Greece/ Gran Canaria/ Disneyland Paris and Gleneagles all gifted.
We also thought the 2 short stay cottage breaks when they went to weddings also kindly gifted.
So they paid for none of their 8 holidays in 2018.
Thomas Cook quote together as a family!

Thatā€™s laughable they are never together normally in holiday the girls are dumped in kids club and they foghorn Meldrum and I so so LOVE šŸ’• Myself Rebecca get do as they please as if they were on a holiday without their girls even go away for the day out of the resort to mooch about and have drinks.
Thatā€™s not a family holiday.

Reactions: 4
She had been to the shops Xmas shopping and out to lunch before she arrived at fareshare in the vlog.
That's what I find the most distasteful.
Afterwards it really showed how ignorant she was.
She kept on about reverse advent calendar we never saw that.
She is most certainly is ignorant.

Youā€™d think from one who lives on the giveaways and donations of others she would have more sympathy with people who have no choice but to access their food in a similar way! The irony! Just because hers come to her PO Box.....

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She wouldnā€™t turn up to a mates party without a bottle surely - itā€™s what you do. You DO NOT go to a foodbank under the premise of promoting them and turn up empty handed. Iā€™m sorry. Itā€™s unforgivable but not surprising from her in the slightest. And at Christmas too??! This was one of her all time highs for public duck ups.... I donā€™t think her relationship with Ellaā€™s or payment has anything to do with the power of her actions....deplorable.

And I donā€™t think it will have done anything for their donations...precisely nothing if you include that she didnā€™t even take a can of beans to put in the donation box....
With the food bank I just couldnā€™t understand why she wasnā€™t even given a box of Ellaā€™s kitchen pouches to take with her.
Surely Ellaā€™s could have thought of that as good exposure rather than her just rocking up empty handed under their name to look around (gawk).

Reactions: 26
With the food bank I just couldnā€™t understand why she wasnā€™t even given a box of Ellaā€™s kitchen pouches to take with her.
Surely Ellaā€™s could have thought of that as good exposure rather than her just rocking up empty handed under their name to look around (gawk).
They probably didn't expect the people they had paid to be there to come with nothing though!

Reactions: 17
That crossed my mind too...she could have gone in with a a trolley full. It wouldnā€™t have got her off the hook for me unless I knew she had paid though!!

Reactions: 13
What I wondered from what she said in vlog.

Was she saw people walk in and they dident look like the type.
Imagine you at lowest moment you go to a foodbanks and you see the smug meldrums trying on a pr exercise.
It was really badly done.
Fellas did say fareshare saw a boost but may have got a boost if they had used another Aberdeen blogger too.

Reactions: 10
That crossed my mind too...she could have gone in with a a trolley full. It wouldnā€™t have got her off the hook for me unless I knew she had paid though!!
Yes, the fact that SHE brought nothing is inexcusable but I just thought Ellaā€™s had missed a chance to advertise themselves.

It doesnā€™t surprise me that she was ignorant enough to turn up with nothing though.

Reactions: 7
You cannot go to a food bank with bringing anything, thatā€™s horrible. She could have asked her neighbours, parents at school and family to donate one product, she could have a multiple bags of stuff if she wanted to. Or she could have offered to volunteer. She only went to make herself look good. Selfish to the core

• Angry
Reactions: 21
What I wondered from what she said in vlog.

Was she saw people walk in and they dident look like the type.
Imagine you at lowest moment you go to a foodbanks and you see the smug meldrums trying on a pr exercise.
It was really badly done.
Fellas did say fareshare saw a boost but may have got a boost if they had used another Aberdeen blogger too.
It really did come across as the same kind of ā€œpoverty as entertainmentā€ that channel 5 go in for. I felt it was demeaning to have them in while people were collecting their parcels, as if they are reduced to being entertainment for her vlogs.
They could have just had them into the warehouse and shock horror, got them to help out sorting the donations for a couple of hours!

I could rant on and on about this subject but Iā€™m attempting to reign it in!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Not if sheā€™s going to say she has a mental illness. Thatā€™ll be their get out of jail card.

Iā€™d be REALLY surprised if they donā€™t go on the freebie holiday with all their ā€˜bestest bummer living their best life racist chumsā€™ though.
It's Mental Health week this week so she might 'use' that to her advantage šŸ˜”

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Yes, the fact that SHE brought nothing is inexcusable but I just thought Ellaā€™s had missed a chance to advertise themselves.

It doesnā€™t surprise me that she was ignorant enough to turn up with nothing though.
She raised zero for Aberdeens Nicu that looked after poppy.
Dident turn up for Lee's race.
She dident raise masses for sue Ryder.
She had such a reach such a platform
So many opportunities to appear charitable.

She could have raised breast cancer checks after getting the all clear but instead she tags it onto a next giveaway and paid partnership.
Most recently Boden cured anxiety.
I don't even think Boden were impressed by that one.

She can't separate a serious issue from an AD.
She exaggeratea most things and makes everything all about her.
Never accepts responsibility.
Deflect delete
We all jealous trolls.

Channel mum are milking mental health
When some if their creators make mums feel tit and are detrimemtal to mental health.

Reactions: 19
She raised zero for Aberdeens Nicu that looked after poppy.
Dident turn up for Lee's race.
She dident raise masses for sue Ryder.
She had such a reach such a platform
So many opportunities to appear charitable.

She could have raised breast cancer checks after getting the all clear but instead she tags it onto a next giveaway and paid partnership.
Most recently Boden cured anxiety.
I don't even think Boden were impressed by that one.

She can't separate a serious issue from an AD.
She exaggeratea most things and makes everything all about her.
Never accepts responsibility.
Deflect delete
We all jealous trolls.
I will never be jealous of someone who is so socially ignorant as to turn up empty handed at a food bank.

If she actually had a mental health problem rather than just feeling sorry for herself. I refuse to accept she has anxiety in a truly debilitating way....not just we all worry about stuff sometimes anxiety

Reactions: 12
It was days before Christmas that she went - Iā€™m sure there was an increase in donations but nothing to do with her or other vloggers that may have visited. Donating to food banks especially at Christmas isnā€™t a new concept created by channel mum.

Lots more people at that time of year were donating, along with schools. My kids school asked for donations when arriving at the Christmas concerts. Iā€™m sure lots of other schools and groups did the same.

She was like a fish out of water in that vlog, quite obvious she never mixes with many people outside her friends and family. Stays in her Banchory Bubble the majority of the time.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.