Mrs Meldrum #4 Boobs & Ad's Galore, The Busy Life Of A Scotty Spon Bore (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why has Brummy congratulated her so effusively on 100k after calling out the "naughty people" who don't declare ads (i.e. Mrs M) which she said in a reply, which is still there, to a comment on her post about proving she'd paid last week post-DLP? Feels rather disingenuous.

Reactions: 5
Just a thought but a day or 2 ago we had a lady join called Jane she called us all morons I believe, I for one think it was either Rebs or Lee and I'm thinking Janetheswan is the same person.
I'll be honest it wouldn't surprise me if Rebs and Lee were sitting every night making new IG account just to say how wonderful Reb is and then she sits and replies to all those to try and make them look real.

Reactions: 6
Just a thought but a day or 2 ago we had a lady join called Jane she called us all morons I believe, I for one think it was either Rebs or Lee and I'm thinking Janetheswan is the same person.
I'll be honest it wouldn't surprise me if Rebs and Lee were sitting every night making new IG account just to say how wonderful Reb is and then she sits and replies to all those to try and make them look real.
Is that the same Jane that called the meldrums “a little annoying”!!

Edit
From the screenshot above her mum has obviously had second thoughts and has unliked janetheswan post.

Last edited:
Firstly I’d like to say, please stop with the ghost/utility/shed jokes as there could be people on here that because of the person who has bought that house are now on this thread and it’s not fair on his family or friends. Secondly, Houses up here are an entity to their own and a bit like the London bubble so don’t compare (but that is a fair whack to spend on a house even in that area). Thirdly, The helicopter thing was not big news, he would not have got a pay off and if he took redundancy he would have got max one years salary if he was very very lucky.

I did watch some of Mrs M’s stuff as I knew she was from my area and had an offshore husband so had a nosey years back but it’s not really my thing so didn’t keep up. I don’t follow any of these vloggers as I figure they are all just given free stuff and posting pictures of themselves wearing/using it for advertising so it’s not real but it really worries me young kids think it is. I’d much rather watch someone who is telling the truth, but that’s probably a little boring. Someone said she’s lost her USP of being an onshore SAHM and that’s true as that’s why I’d heard about her but if her husband really has given up his job then that is a daft manoeuvre as it’s a tough job market now if he ever wants to get back in.

I think she’s missed a trick on the shared ownership housing scheme by saying “I was 20, pregnant and this made financial sense” so many people would have backed her as it is a good step on to the property market.

With regards to the mental health issues I actually hid some friends on Facebook second time round as I was up 2/3/4 times a night feeding and had a toddler so couldn’t do “when the baby sleeps, you sleep” and the internet kept me awake during the night feeds but all I’d see were picture perfect posts from first time mums when my day had consisted of smelling sick intermittently and not knowing why until I realised at 7pm my kid had done a sneaky teensy barf over my shoulder.

There’s also a difference between jealousy and envy.
I am envious that she got a free trip to DLP when I am trying to work out the best deal for next year and factoring in Brexit all whilst using my redundancy money to ensure my kids have a nice holiday. However I am not jealous of how she got it as I wouldn’t want to live that lifestyle.

Question - how to you become an influencer?
My thoughts - if I had no followers and were to take photos of myself in my clothes everyday that I’d paid for and tag the retailers and do this every day and look fabulous and random people like it. And then more and more people followed me until the retailers caught wind and then started gifting me clothes, how would anyone know my stuff is free?
Obviously after the “I have hard floors, I need rug recommendations” when she gets a rug we’ll all know where it’s come from. However, as someone who has hard floors get Ikea rugs as they will will be spilled and barfed upon or just invest in slippers!!

Reactions: 4
I can’t not believe what I have read on here and the other threads I have seen and feel like I just have to comment. I followed the meldrums for a while, sometimes yes there a little annoying but I think they’re a lovely family, and enjoy seeing there post/stories and few videos. What I can’t get my head round is the effort all of you on here have gone to to slate them, I have no idea how any of you could be bothered to follow someone, obviously watching every single thing they post, every video on YouTube etc just to simply rip them to shreds. Find out where they live, how much they earn, how they got there mortgage... you all obviously have very worryingly sad lives if this is what you do in your spare time!! Yes they put all there life online but that gives no one any right to write things like you have, yes chat about it with your friends if you don’t like something they’ve posted or simply unfollow them!!! I just find it completely bizarre, if I didn’t enjoy watching someone videos then I just wouldn’t watch them!??‍♀??‍♀??‍♀
I really do feel sorry for them, they have been very lucky to get the career that they have from what they do and they’ve obviously just gone with it, like we all would if we had the opportunity.

Your all com complaining about them getting free holidays etc.. your telling me if you had the opportunity to enjoy a family holiday for FREE you would say no thanks?!????

I have no idea why this website even exsists! All very strange!? for a group of women to rip apart and comment on a family you’ve never actually met- including 3 innocent children?!
???
I’m defo not a meldrum, and actually can not believe I’ve just wasted my time replying to the morons on this site!
Yes she did say sometimes they are a little annoying but I think that was Reb talking about Lee and the kids ?

Reactions: 1
Moocher, you asked ; " And then more and more people followed me until the retailers caught wind and then started gifting me clothes, how would anyone know my stuff is free?

The retailer wouldn't just send stuff without expecting/demanding you tag them in you Instagram post or wherever else you were uploading the photos. Is that what you meant or have I missed your point? But even when influencers tag brands it's not sufficiently transparent for the ASA as that doesn't tell people the full truth as you might just be mentioning the brand to identify where you bought it.

Of course people in the industry or people with sense will know that tagging a brand means you have been given it for free but many will not know that or understand the extent of the brand's involvement, like whether they asked you to say something nice as well as wear the clothes for example, so that's why there also needs to be clear signposting about whether it's an 'ad'or gifted.

No brand would want you to not acknowledge them in some way but there are brands who encourage influencers to bend the rules and not say its an advert as such. They all (influencers and brands) like to create this illusion of a world where lovely things just fall into the laps of lovely people and its all just..lovely. The cold hard cynical 'sell sell sell' of capitalism sort of ruins the image.

A question ive always had, has anyone noticed she calls her Mum cazza and not Mum.... wonder why that is??

Off topic but I think Lee should start a cooking channel - boiled eggs& soldiers, mackerel and baked potatoes, picnic plates , curry soup what else can he add to his lisrc
Pancakes...........a Saturday's not Saturday without them! And the ultimate in annoyance, food wise anyway,............."CHIPPERS" ?

Reactions: 2
She replied to the person that said that with a "thank you " and they got not one but three kisses! What a lovely person.
Shouldn't we report both of them to the local police then - one of the criteria for reporting is threats of harm. For the avoidance of doubt, saying that someone's husband looks like pat Sharp or that their slow cooker curry looks a bit watery isn't covered

Why has Brummy congratulated her so effusively on 100k after calling out the "naughty people" who don't declare ads (i.e. Mrs M) which she said in a reply, which is still there, to a comment on her post about proving she'd paid last week post-DLP? Feels rather disingenuous.
I agree brummy mummy was given a hard time last week and showing her receipt because of reb.
Reb also tagged her in insta stories.

I dont think brummy mummy is that freindly with her to be honest.
I liked the parting comment cant wait to see your play button i assume thats the plaque.

Theres possibility if any major complaints of disclosure on her you tube
Or doubt over brought followers she may not get the plaque.

I read the comment the smaller vloggers all feed from the same trough.

The bigger you tubers and brummy probably dont like her that much or care about her.

She hardly ever meets up with other vloggers.
Even the scottish ones.

They probably being seen to be seen.

Its probably all passive aggressive and bitchy being a channel mum vlogger.
Theres probably a lot of jealously.
Some may think jer failure to attend events means she doesnt work as hard so why did she get this.

All her other free gifts up to now have been low value.

Its onky 2018 shes had least 4 expensive breaks gifted

Neilson undeclared
Gleneagles
Thomas cook gran cananaria
Euro disney paris.

Reactions: 1
Don’t forget the Scotch lamb!
When did they ever promote scotch lamb or any other meat! Being in farming industry it’s laughable. If you wanted to promote Scottish meat you’d do it all the time. Not just a paid advert. That’s why the advert is unbelievable. Again the wrong person to be promoting it.

Reactions: 6
When did they ever promote scotch lamb or any other meat! Being in farming industry it’s laughable. If you wanted to promote Scottish meat you’d do it all the time. Not just a paid advert. That’s why the advert is unbelievable. Again the wrong person to be promoting it.
And also if she was caring so much about promoting Scottish lamb then she’d know not to work with Tesco since they pay the farmers peanuts for their product

Reactions: 5
One has to question why Mrs Meldrum would want someone on her page who has herpes, looking at pictures of her and her family, and this person who is riddled with an STI wants to infect people with it intentionally in order to protect Mrs Meldrum. The world has gone bloody mad! Then we have another wanting to leave it up to Carmar. Who the f is Carmar I ask you?
It’s really odd that there’s only been a few comments on her instagram that say nasty things?and the accounts of those same people are questionable! But it all be investigated, because if it’s them, what a bunch of low life’s. I’m not surprised that reb mum took her like away, they obviously come on here and read all the comments! Well if you reading this then let me tell you, I will get in touch with companies and show them the comments people have been leaving on your intagram and that you have liked them dispite saying you don’t support that kind of behaviour do you? Well you have been transparent as always!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I know she doesnt have many fans here but sarah posted this in August..

Its complex to spot fakers and brought liked followers and comments

http://thismamalife.com/2018/08/how-to-spot-a-faker-on-instagram/

Also not sure about lee but reb i have seen lots comments from teenage girls on you tube saying they love her and they hope to be a good mum like her one day.
That’s why the comments on posts. I don’t think they are from grown women. It’s coming from teenage girls who aspire to be like Reb yet don’t have a clue how life and especially business works

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.