Mrs Meldrum #4 Boobs & Ad's Galore, The Busy Life Of A Scotty Spon Bore (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I emailed Tesco on Sunday about the Meldrums, still no reply yet. Has anyone heard back?

looking at Rebs insta stories self care day is looking around the shops for things I want then posting it on insta to try and get them #gifted.
I thinks she hoping for an @thewhitecompany christmas this year

Reactions: 4
So was the joolz gifted or discounted in exchange for this review?
Who knows! There are a couple of what look like affiliate links in the description box, so can only guess Affiliate marketing?

However, not clear up front, that is for sure and we shouldn't have to go hunting for that information. Possibly not following the ASA rules with this one :confused:

Can of worms...

Reactions: 2
looking at Rebs insta stories self care day is looking around the shops for things I want then posting it on insta to try and get them #gifted.
Only an Instamum would spend a day of self care going shopping and posting Instagrams looking for sponsorships and freebies from brands.!

Reactions: 7
Yes I bet she just has ‘a mooch’ and comes back empty handed.... then waits for the offers to come in

Perhaps a pic of something she likes with the company tagged in ‘hint hint’

Reactions: 8
Oh, and as well as other instamums being annoyed with her, I bet Lee is having a rethink about his future. I predict he will be back in a full time proper job by the time spring comes around

Reactions: 4
Has Lee actually clarified on his page as well that it was all gifted, and not paid for by themselves? I know reb has given a apology, all be it a pathetic one. I’m blocked from his page after asking when the photos first appeared

Has Lee actually clarified on his page as well that it was all gifted, and not paid for by themselves? I know reb has given a apology, all be it a pathetic one. I’m blocked from his page after asking when the photos first appeared
No he’s not

He hasnt adressed any of this They been getting away with this for a very long time.

Reactions: 5
I think one major problem these ladies are facing is inadequate management no social media training and experience and training in public relations. I’m not a Louise Pentland fan and don’t really follow her but she had a career on sm before kids. All be it the kids probably boosted her career but am I right in saying her vlogs don’t rely on her kids and she has other projects outside of youtube. Even Giovanna Fletcher(again I’ve probs watched her once or twice) but although she’s got young kids again her career doesn’t rely on them. With the Chanel Mum tribe there careers most definitely revolve around having the kids in the vlogs and there’s real air of desperation about them

Reactions: 3
He’s said nothing. If you’re reporting them to the ASA, make sure to report them both. He is a public figure after all and this is his full time job now. He didn’t declare any of the Thomas Cook posts either and that was a paid partnership - so free holiday + money in the bank.

Did anyone do a screenshot of lee or reb’s disney post (where they denied it was an ad)?

Reactions: 6
Dear Mrs Cannon-Meldrum,

As the listed Company Director of Mrs Meldrum Limited I would like to express my disappointment over the failure to adhere to and blatant disregard of advertising rules, which you have demonstrated across various social media platforms for some time, recently coming to a head with the infamous trip to Disneyland Paris.

As the Director, you are responsible for the actions of your company and are liable for the acts and/or negligence of the firm. This is despite your opinion that there are "so many conflicting guidelines around online videos and posts but as yet, very few hard and fast rules about how to present them." May I refer you to "An Influencer's Guide to making clear that ads are ads" a guide developed by regulators responsible for overseeing influencer marketing in the UK to help social influencers stick to the rules by making clear when their posts are ads (www.asa.org.uk).

Now, I must make you aware that I do not post Youtube videos nor Instagram posts. I do not provide affiliate links or discount codes. I do not work with companies for some form of payment, nor receive some form of editorial control over any content. I do not get 'paid’ for any content which isn’t as part of an affiliate arrangement and the brand doesn’t have any ‘control’ of what (or even if) I post. However, after spending 15 minutes reading "An Influencer's Guide to making clear that ads are ads" from cover to cover, I can state with great certainty that the rules are in fact hard and fast and very clear and concise.

I note of particular interest: "Under the CAP Code ads ‘must be obviously identifiable as such’. This means that consumers should be able to recognise that something is an ad, without having to click or otherwise interact with it. Since it needs to be ‘obvious’, consumers shouldn’t have to work too hard to figure it out."
Further: "The main thing to remember is that you need to make it obvious – any label (or other means) you use to highlight the ad needs to be upfront (before people click/engage), prominent (so people notice it), appropriate for the channel (what can you see and when?) and suitable for all potential devices (it needs to be clear on mobile too!). This means that burying the label in a sea of hashtags or putting it where it can only be seen by clicking ‘see more’ or clicking to view the full post, probably isn’t going to cut it. We recommend including it ‘at the beginning’ – which might mean in the title, thumbnail or on an image (if that’s all people see at first)."

Nothing conflicting there and I would suggest this is all very clear to you, hence the earlier reference to your blatant disregard of advertising rules.

You have brought not only yourself, your company/brand and Channel Mum into disrepute but have also tarnished the brands you have worked with and may work with in the future, as well as others who have been and continue to do the right thing. Some of the initial ramifications of your actions are visible, but only time will tell the ongoing impact to yourself, your company/brand and others.

In conclusion, although you state "it’s hard when your business is your life & it all feels very personal" this is all the result of your choice of action and you are responsible and accountable for such. Your business is placed in and reliant on the public domain, as such your integrity must beyond reproach, or your behaviour will be called out and you held to account.

Yours sincerley,

Mrs Inigo Montoya

This^^^^^^^^^
PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE EMAILED MRS M AND CHANNEKJ MUM THIS??!!

Reactions: 5
I think one major problem these ladies are facing is inadequate management no social media training and experience and training in public relations. I’m not a Louise Pentland fan and don’t really follow her but she had a career on sm before kids. All be it the kids probably boosted her career but am I right in saying her vlogs don’t rely on her kids and she has other projects outside of youtube. Even Giovanna Fletcher(again I’ve probs watched her once or twice) but although she’s got young kids again her career doesn’t rely on them. With the Chanel Mum tribe there careers most definitely revolve around having the kids in the vlogs and there’s real air of desperation about them
They have no training but they do have a huge responsibilty to get it.

Oh I so bet she is. If not reb then I’ll be your bestest pal and give you a 15% voucher if you spend over £50.....but only if your good and no more porkies ??

Yes, Giovanni has the attraction of having an actual interesting life. She is married to ex McFly man. They write books (and plays I think). She has a parenting podcast...I’m sure there are other things. She doesn’t rely on the kids for content but they do feature heavily.

Reactions: 1
That’s what I wondered, if he too should be reported or if it was a gift through Mrs Meldrum and he just tagged along then he wouldn’t face the same rules? I would have thought he’d have apologised as well though, even if he isn’t required to, after all the uproar this has caused them both

She deleted my comment on YT for calling her out on this - another Mrs M!!

Mmm the plot thickens more comments on this one

Sarah responses

Charities have always been given a marketing budget like any other commany to pay people who work for them.
I have been paid by an agency on behalf of this ad and mumsnet the other.
I have i past worked pro bono and i donate to 4 charities every month have a nice evening.

I am not with channel mum

That was huge news to me she still listed as channel mum vlogger.

Proctor and gamble also own pampers and paid lots influencers for pampers midwife campaign

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.