Mrs Meldrum #4 Boobs & Ad's Galore, The Busy Life Of A Scotty Spon Bore (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone link to the mumsnet thread, I'm curious to know if they are finally accepting that there is an issue here. Or if they are continuing to support their own interest....i.e. kickbacks from channel mums
I got some emails from mumsnet when I was OP on an instamums thread. They actually don’t mind the topic of conversation and encourage the debate around advertising in particular, you just can’t be nasty or focus too much on one person as that breaks their talk guidelines and they are then bound to take action. Hence why I did try (and fail) to keep the threads on track. I’ve given up on starting threads over there though. I can say this on here, but I got the feeling that there was a lot of self trolling at times on mumsnet - I.e. instamums or their family/friends deliberately being nasty/piling on *themselves* because they knew that would result in the thread being taken down quicker - and discussion about them silenced, which they want. And that was all without the bores that were Cady, Sofia et al!

Power to the tattlers, I don’t agree with everything said but I think with less strict moderation these threads have actually thrown more light on the current ad issue.

Reactions: 5
I have noted that Reb is not “mooching” today.
Maybe she discovered the meaning of it.

Reactions: 3
I can only hope that a self care day really means some self reflection over behaviour that was not legal, decent, truthful and/or honest.

I used to enjoy her content to some degree or other and have been feeling various degrees of betrayal by this behaviour.

I would like to believe that her public response (deleting, blocking, attempted apology...) to the reaction from the people over the Disneyland debacle, indicates that there may a degree of awareness that what she has been doing is wrong. I would like to believe that she is acutely aware she is on notice and that her posts are being watched for further misdemeanours.

I believe that if she is to recover from this she has a lot of work ahead of her. Building trust in her name, her brand and her word will take time with a consistent, demonstrated display of behaviour that is legal, decent, truthful and honest.

Reactions: 6
Do we think matalan and tesco are annoyer with her.

Do we think channel mum are annoyed and other channel mum vloggers.

Reactions: 1
I can only hope that a self care day really means some self reflection over behaviour that was not legal, decent, truthful and/or honest.

I used to enjoy her content to some degree or other and have been feeling various degrees of betrayal by this behaviour.

I would like to believe that her public response (deleting, blocking, attempted apology...) to the reaction from the people over the Disneyland debacle, indicates that there may a degree of awareness that what she has been doing is wrong. I would like to believe that she is acutely aware she is on notice and that her posts are being watched for further misdemeanours.

I believe that if she is to recover from this she has a lot of work ahead of her. Building trust in her name, her brand and her word will take time with a consistent, demonstrated display of behaviour that is legal, decent, truthful and honest.
Yes, this is how I feel. I think, although hard, they could have both said publicly that they weren't honest and then done the brave thing and say why! There will be a reason. Maybe they wanted people to think they could afford the holiday (and lots of us will be sensitive to the power of the ego!), or maybe it was an issue of worrying the audience would feel annoyed or resentful at another free holiday after the last one. But some honesty would have gone a long way because we all know it wasn't a mistake. Because they both went out of their way to spin a line about it on insta. That's really where I cannot resolve it. You lied. Own it. We all make some big old mistakes in our life.

Reactions: 6

Interesting read questions and the comments.

Why are mumsnet paying a channel mum vloggers.

Interesting read questions and the comments.

Why are mumsnet paying a channel mum vloggers.
Hah! Love the way she was pulled up on this and her pathetic response. Like the poster said, I would rather donate to a charity where part of the proceeds DON'T go to pay bloggers!
Personally, I think it's a bloody disgrace she is taking money from a charity!!

Reactions: 2
Do we think matalan and tesco are annoyer with her.

Do we think channel mum are annoyed and other channel mum vloggers.
Other bloggers will only be annoyed that people are noticing and they can’t get away it any longer!

Reactions: 4
Have any instagrammers or vloggers ever spoken out about how much they get paid for an ad?
I think Lily Pebbles did one quite recently on the whole gift / ad thing. Not sure she declared actual £ but gave a good overall insight into how it all works for her

Hah! Love the way she was pulled up on this and her pathetic response. Like the poster said, I would rather donate to a charity where part of the proceeds DON'T go to pay bloggers!
Personally, I think it's a bloody disgrace she is taking money from a charity!!
So Procter and gamble / sainsburys paying for this ad and mumsnet pays her for another.

Being a services wife i assumed this wqs close to her heart not that she needed payment for this particular cause.

Yes, this is how I feel. I think, although hard, they could have both said publicly that they weren't honest and then done the brave thing and say why! There will be a reason. Maybe they wanted people to think they could afford the holiday (and lots of us will be sensitive to the power of the ego!), or maybe it was an issue of worrying the audience would feel annoyed or resentful at another free holiday after the last one. But some honesty would have gone a long way because we all know it wasn't a mistake. Because they both went out of their way to spin a line about it on insta. That's really where I cannot resolve it. You lied. Own it. We all make some big old mistakes in our life.
I don't know if we'll ever know why they did what they did. For one reason or other though they believed that any lies were worth telling and that they could get away with it.

I agree that once the truth came out open disclosure, including expressing regret or saying sorry, would have been a more appropriate response.

Cant see any mention of payment by mumsnet on this video.

Yet the other one she said mumsnet paid her not the British legion.
Its a bit like annoying thankyou midwife

It wasn't a mistake because I know that I saw them both mention insta that it wasn't an ad and the only gift was a vip guide. That really changed things. They went out of their way to bend the truth but why?
Remember Lee’s post

Cant see any mention of payment by mumsnet on this video.

Yet the other one she said mumsnet paid her not the British legion.
Its a bit like annoying thankyou midwife
She deleted my comment on YT for calling her out on this - another Mrs M!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.