Mrs Meldrum #4 Boobs & Ad's Galore, The Busy Life Of A Scotty Spon Bore (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am sure lots of people have been drawn to this site in recent days and I really hope some of what has been said has had an important impact. I cannot be the only (fairly) "normal" woman who has watched vlogs and, despite having a happy life, been left feeling like somehow something has gone wrong in my life, because despite us both working incredible hard, in decent jobs, the lifestyles in the vlogs just isn't achievable.
I'm not gullible, I'm not jealous and I'm not bitter. I wouldn't for a second resent the experiences a family can afford their children. But it seems "afford" is the key word. I know vlogging families probably want to keep their freebies quiet so as not to stir resentment in viewers, but instead it leaves viewers feeling baffled as to how on earth they are managing to maintain such a lifestyle when both parents are at home.

I'm nice and cynical and it's surprised me how these vlogs have insidiously got to me. I am sure there must be many others left feeling the same. Somehow when Lee was working I "got" their lifestyle. Now they need much more transparency to let people know what is what. Because boy, there must be some folk who watch their lifestyle and feel pretty deflated.

Someone mentioned that sponsorships do pay well. Do they really? That well? Because otherwise I cannot for the life of me figure out how they are doing all this. All the work to their old house and now this very expensive house. And the two cars... Rather than seeing the vlogs as aspirational now, I think many are just left feeling "where have I gone wrong?"

They are a business and I hope they can take constructive criticism. Viewers want to aspire to something but it must at least seem achievable. I fear the backlash makes them very vulnerable as big sponsorships will back away. Living firmly in the real world that would be keeping me awake at night because as a parent it's all about the stable future for your children isn't it and heck, social media feels like such a fragile foundation for that.
I remember watching the new car vlogs, with Lee being from The oil industry more often than not you want the big branded cars...and Mrs M said no we cannot afford that. So a second hand family S Max is what they purchased.....so much went into it that oh we’d never buy a car on finance......well blow me down a 17 plate new BMW( yes they showed it to be known, and other times blocked it out of screen) when just the other month it was oh we cannot afford a high end car ?‍♀?. A sponsorship from John Clark in Aberdeen? Or business one for Reb....which is allowed. But it was all the bullshit about not affording a car. Buy all the cars in the world that you want. But don’t lie that you can’t afford this and that and then a bmw comes home. Viewers are not stupid. That’s when I started to notice the lies

Reactions: 9
A question for some of you more knowledgeable among us what happens with regards all these free gifts, paid with gifts/holidays etc and the tax man surely they should at least have to pay something what are they supposed to do especially for something like the whole disney trip because that could easily have been £3000-£4000 maybe more how are they supposed to disclose all this and what actual tax if any do you paying? Is it classed as income and you pay income tax on it? Sorry if I sound a bit thick.

Reactions: 4
A question for some of you more knowledgeable among us what happens with regards all these free gifts, paid with gifts/holidays etc and the tax man surely they should at least have to pay something what are they supposed to do especially for something like the whole disney trip because that could easily have been £3000-£4000 maybe more how are they supposed to disclose all this and what actual tax if any do you paying? Is it classed as income and you pay income tax on it? Sorry if I sound a bit thick.
As far as our accountant advises any gift given is treated as if you had cash

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know how long gifts or paid ad products must be declared for? Is it just at the time, or for the duration of their life span? I wonder because every time an influencer shows products on their page they'll either tag, or at some point in the comments answer where something is from. Regardless of how old it is, should they have to declare it in every shot? It's still advertising, even weeks on...I'm just curious as it could make life very difficult for those who seemingly receive 100s of gifts or paid ad products! #gifted #ad

Reactions: 1
Mrs M. I’ll be reporting you to Mrs Hinch shortly if you don’t clean that mirror. How you can not clean it I don’t know ?‍♀ Ps the new floor standing lamp in corner. A gift from next ?

Reactions: 5
I remember watching the new car vlogs, with Lee being from The oil industry more often than not you want the big branded cars...and Mrs M said no we cannot afford that. So a second hand family S Max is what they purchased.....so much went into it that oh we’d never buy a car on finance......well blow me down a 17 plate new BMW( yes they showed it to be known, and other times blocked it out of screen) when just the other month it was oh we cannot afford a high end car ?‍♀?. A sponsorship from John Clark in Aberdeen? Or business one for Reb....which is allowed. But it was all the bullshit about not affording a car. Buy all the cars in the world that you want. But don’t lie that you can’t afford this and that and then a bmw comes home. Viewers are not stupid. That’s when I started to notice the lies
Took quite a few questions in you tube getting her to admit to 2nd car.
It was seen in meldrums vlogs now deleted.
She admittted it was theres they needed 2 cars but very little details.
Yet vlogged and discussed s max purchase within a inch of its life.
I suspect its because she felt people carrier would appeal to normal average family.
We have a s max. It was cynical move to appear less wealthy and more careful with money than they were.

Whats odd is seldom see her drive these days.

The cosaatto carseats were all gifted.

Some vloggers got joie ones so we may see them appear soon.

Be baffled why garage gift them bmw

Maybe its lease and tax write off

Also makes lee feel posy at the golf club and country club i guess.

Took quite a few questions in you tube getting her to admit to 2nd car.
It was seen in meldrums vlogs now deleted.
She admittted it was theres they needed 2 cars but very little details.
Yet vlogged and discussed s max purchase within a inch of its life.
I suspect its because she felt people carrier would appeal to normal average family.
We have a s max. It was cynical move to appear less wealthy and more careful with money than they were.

Whats odd is seldom see her drive these days.

The cosaatto carseats were all gifted.

Some vloggers got joie ones so we may see them appear soon.

Be baffled why garage gift them bmw

Maybe its lease and tax write off

Also makes lee feel posy at the golf club and country club i guess.
Well in circles in oil industry that bmw wouldn’t raise an eyelid at the golf club!! Ive seen with family that it’s range rovers and possibly for the wife an Audi/merc/mini/ etc too. Then the kids get brand new Audi to drive at 17 along with the private plate!! And even if someone on street gets a new Range Rover the one they have is traded in for something else. Don’t want anyone to be the same as any one else. This keeping up with the Joneses. How can anyone be bothered. I would have thought that the meldrums would have purchased one more suitable for the weather in winter. BMW don’t handle snow that great and s max not the best. They could have paid more for better family car one with 4 wheel drive and had a brand like Vauxhall etc for the second car. That’s what I’d have done. The family car is the most important one you’d want to pick first.

Last edited:
Does Pat honestly think he's some sort of "celebrity"? In reality he's a laughing stock, a bit of a Village Idiot, riding on the coat tails of his wife and showing what an lazy, arrogant, workshy individual he really is.

Reb dont you always take time for your self with numerous holidays kids in club. Spa days. Shopping trips with mum.

Numerous hair appointments

Lees at soft play with f and p.
S is at school
Your mirror is still dirty maybe you need a cleaner.

Your mil and bil have painted your house
A film helped you move.

How much looking after one self can someone do?

So whats the next vlog

House tour
Disney
Self care
Some sort of haul as shes storage shopping

What im buying for xmas with lots of affiliate links

Hello fresh xmas special

Florence and fred party clothes or next maybe.

Matalan xmas tree.

Reactions: 9
Does Pat honestly think he's some sort of "celebrity"? In reality he's a laughing stock, a bit of a Village Idiot, riding on the coat tails of his wife and showing what an lazy, arrogant, workshy individual he really is.
So locals really think that of them. Always been interested to see what they do think

Reactions: 1
Those outfit of the day poses always look like they are desperate for a pee.
I guess that’s how busy they are! Can’t even go to the toilet because they are so so busy....getting dressed and taking a photo but not cleaning the mirror.
I have my priorities all wrong obviously.

Reactions: 7

Reb dont you always take time for your self with numerous holidays kids in club. Spa days. Shopping trips with mum.

Numerous hair appointments

Lees at soft play with f and p.
S is at school
Your mirror is still dirty maybe you need a cleaner.

Your mil and bil have painted your house
A film helped you move.

How much looking after one self can someone do?

So whats the next vlog

House tour
Disney
Self care
Some sort of haul as shes storage shopping

What im buying for xmas with lots of affiliate links

Hello fresh xmas special

Florence and fred party clothes or next maybe.

Matalan xmas tree.
She will be away in shopping at markies in town for housey stuff as their 20% off starts today. If your watching Marks and Sparks . Where’s my commission for flogging your company ??

Try looking after your eldest daughter, supporting her and giving her space and time to do her homework so as she doesn't having to do it on her bed last thing at night!!! very stressful for young children. Sad to see.

Then go and get your nails done

A mental health video, how surprising.

How about a video about being honest and admitting wrong doing?

Reactions: 8
How many self development books does she have to read? Maybe she should read something more useful like a dictionary or a dummies guide to running a business.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.