Mrs Meldrum #37 Pat and Edgy visit the job centre

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People of colour are discriminated against every day. One of the top stories on the news this morning was about this. Since 2016 there’s also been a documented rise in hate crime. We need to ensure there is ZERO tolerance to rascism. When influencers are rascist, other stupid people feel their rascist views are acceptable, that they are entitled to express their bigotry. This is not acceptable. Everyone need to call out rascism, everyone needs to stop this. If the Meldrums come back from this ANY brands that want to work with them will be supporting casual rascism and I will be sending their advert, the paper stories to my friend who works on BBC documentaries.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
No I am being deadly serious. I am 31 and have two children. I would not know that saying that would be seriously offensive.
Oh dear Jesus! You have been told a few times now that it is, you could also have googled it, read up & educated yourself on the subject. You are being quite ignorant at this stage.

Reactions: 14
Nah, never have occasion to communicate with either of them. Just know who they are and have the displeasure of sharing oxygen with them in the playground
Does a lot of folk in Banchory area know what has gone on and is she the talk of the town ?

Reactions: 2
Day 4 of radio silence. Didnt actually think she would last this long...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
"Casual" racism. IMO racism is racism, nothing "casual" about it.

For those still unsure about white supremecy & "casual" racism - am white supremacist in America was executed last week. He and his friends tied a black man to the back of their truck and dragged him for 3 miles before dumping his dead body in front of an African-American church. A KKK lighter was found among the evidence. This happened in our lifetime, now decades ago.

So, VLBO104 and other Mrs M sympathisers - think about that.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
If this is in reference to me....not knowing it would be a racist remark...I can comprehend others have different views and I am embarrassed that I didn't know.
Not at you directly. It’s the people who know what the KKK are and still don’t think it’s a bad thing to say.

Reactions: 7
Racism and censorship should have no place in our modern society. She is guilty of both and hence any brands who work with her will be condoning this and the people need to speak up to stop it in it's tracks.

Reactions: 10
You know what's really annoying for me, someone who used to love watching her. If you look at all the videos that receive negative comments, just had a look at the food bank one for example... She just ignores all valid criticisms. No "I understand how it could appear a bit selfish' or trying to justify what she did. Instead just 'loves' all the comments sticking up for her. Why can't she take criticism or have the backbone to realise how she comes across.... How she often actives quite insentively .... Even if it's not intentional. Nothing is up for discussion, even if it's a valid point. How can you be a positive role model and strive for change if you are not willing to accept criticism or critically think about the way you have behaved? This is why she continues to make these huge errors. She is not stopping to think... Oh maybe what I did WAS insensitive .....
Another thing that REALLY annoyed me a while back which made me unfollow Lee was a photo of poppy with lipstick on. He had put it as 'gifted' /add for the brand and it was like in the comments he and rebecca were making a point about how 'stupid' the regulations were that they had to tag every single gift. It's like they were trying to make a point about how they think the regulations have gone too far. Well.sorry guys the regulations are there for a reason. Your consumerism puts pressure on other people to buy what you have....people need to UNDERSTAND that not everyone can normally afford to buy a Bobby brown lipstick!!! If they came out their arrogant bubble,they would appreciate more the consumerism pressure their jobs deliver to many watchers. Why couldn't they just stick with the rules and not moan about it. Liking every comment supporting them with people agreeing the rules are too extreme? So they only agree and sympathise with the people who agree with them? I read Lee's post and I unfollowed as I saw they were just doing it to make a point. RANT OVER! I am no troll, a positive person if the meldrums are reading this. just someone who is seriously annoyed with their stupidity and disregard for people's opinions and feelings
Because it’s her space and it’s a place for good vibes, lifting others up, wearing positive pants etc etc only - so she claims. Or in other words, she just wants it to be an echo chamber.

Reactions: 13
Because it’s her space and it’s a place for good vibes, lifting others up, wearing positive pants etc etc only - so she claims. Or in other words, she just wants it to be an echo chamber.
Echo chambers is why USA have Trump.

There's being positive then theres being delusional.

Reactions: 15
Racism shouldn’t be tolerated in any shape or form, this is the 21 century and people need to move along with times. You shouldn’t support any kind or racism by anyone including family and friends. She might’ve not have said it herself but she didn’t do anything about it either, she went along with it, she’s a grown woman and therefore needs to take responsibility for her actions, the latter no better by not taking the video down and trying to cover the racist remark with music 🎵! Selfish, arrogant, spoiled, greedy, and racist! Don’t know if there will ever be a come back from this one, it’s very serious and it should be treated accordingly. Can’t feel any sympathy for her am afraid, the fact that she laughed at that remark and didn’t take the video immediately done does it for me. It’s disgusting, racism has no place in our society!

Reactions: 10
Has anyone had any further responses from the companies?

I wonder how the week of line drying is going? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Well, the Meldrum brand has certainly been “hung out to dry”, so I suppose in theory, it’s going ok!

🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Does a lot of folk in Banchory area know what has gone on and is she the talk of the town ?
No idea, I have actual diagnosed anxiety (and am on a waiting list for therapy, not sure how she gets it instantly even if she is paying private fees) so tend to keep myself to myself. The only people I really speak to disliked her before the latest scandal so doubt their opinion has changed much

I would be upset and shocked!!!
This! You know, nobody would have kicked off over this as much ( other than she really does live In Her own little bubble) if she had firstly pulled the vlog down straight away, secondly said I’m so so 😜 sorry, I didn’t hear it or even I didn’t realise it was a racist comment, I need to educate myself! Not then go on to do the blatant (IMO) follwfridays to candice and Laura! She could have put the vlog back up with the lift scene removed and donated the proceeds to charity! Mistakes happen, it’s how you deal with it, we know though that Reb won’t do anything she doesn’t want too! Arrogance and greed will be her downfall.
Any of the other CM crew supporting her are as bad in my book, all liking her crap apology!! Bloody cowards!😡

Last edited:
  • Angry
She shouldn’t have put that vlog up with the racist comment to begin with! She knows perfectly well what it means since she was seen laughing at the remark, so she knows what it means but thought she would get away with it, but the fact she didn’t take it down the soonest people pulled her on it saying it was racist, if she didn’t know, which she totally did🙄, and her comments about she was aware but didn’t want to deleted because she would lose the money?!? She thinks she can do whatever she wants, she does it with ads or the lack of saying what’s been gifted, shes dishonest, we know she’s greedy, but this?! This isn’t acceptable! She gets away with murder she does! She thinks she’s above it all🙄

Oh I know she was aware what was said, I just mean she could have handled the fallout better.

Reactions: 2
In fairness to the Meldrum friend who made the comment and the people in the lift that laughed he wasn't saying that the KKK was a good thing or condoning their actions in anyway. He just said they looked like members of them because they were in white robes. Not fair to brand them all racists because of a silly, poor taste comment.

This issue is she should not have included it in the vlog and if it was a genuine mistake, apologise, remove it immediately and never try and pull the 'I'm not racist look I like this black influencer' card. Her reaction to the situation was the issue not the comment in the life. I would hate to see their friends branded racists and sagged off on here because of the actions of Mrs Meldrum.

Reactions: 21
In fairness to the Meldrum friend who made the comment and the people in the lift that laughed he wasn't saying that the KKK was a good thing or condoning their actions in anyway. He just said they looked like members of them because they were in white robes. Not fair to brand them all racists because of a silly, poor taste comment.

This issue is she should not have included it in the vlog and if it was a genuine mistake, apologise, remove it immediately and never try and pull the 'I'm not racist look I like this black influencer' card. Her reaction to the situation was the issue not the comment in the life. I would hate to see their friends branded racists and sagged off on here because of the actions of Mrs Meldrum.
But the issue for me is that this is the first time we’ve heard it being said, behind close doors, these ‘silly jokes’ and worse is being said. Yeah the friend should get in trouble for saying it.

Reactions: 5
The Meldrum camp are still deleting comments over on her Insta!!!!! They are not serious about this break, they are not using the time to think long and hard about how to put this right. They are keeping their sheep blind and in the dark, preparing for a comeback of Orange filter, bright red lipstick, gifted jumper, Chelsea boots and a backdrop at Murder Mansion.

• Angry
  • Wow

I think short term brands distancing themselves

I think next probably won't work with her again.

Boden understood the issues before this happened.
Joules failed to respond to my previous complaint but when I mentioned latest incident they distancing themselves.
But joules relationship was gifts not a paid partnership.
Never had response from jojo maman bebe.

Ellas kitchen I think see our point and may not work with her again but poppys no longer a baby so that might have happened anyway.

Oxo for say they investigating they removed 1 pic but not all.

I doubt it will bother elemis who gift.
Olay paid partnership
Bobby Brown gifts.

Not sure about neilson as they have another trip with chums booked.
But they dident do a great job advertising ski I feel meldrums getting more than the brand.

I think smaller brands will work with her once attention dies down.
Larger brand partnerships might be trickier.
She has channel mum still they will give her work.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.