Mrs Meldrum #33 Basic but clean, they're not selling this. If I were Neilson, I'd be pretty piste.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just gone onto British airways. If flying to London today and returning tonight. For our family we are £1772 😮
That price is for a flight today that you are booking today. Booking in advance is invariably cheaper. When booking you need to apply the '28 day rule' and book at least a month in advance as prices go up not down the nearer you get to departure date. We always fly with BA as by the time you have added in the cost of bags BA usually works out cheaper compared to so called budget airlines.

Living in the Buckinghamshire countryside but only half an hour from Heathrow also helps😃.

Reactions: 5
That price is for a flight today that you are booking today. Booking in advance is invariably cheaper. When booking you need to apply the '28 day rule' and book at least a month in advance as prices go up not down the nearer you get to departure date. We always fly with BA as by the time you have added in the cost of bags BA usually works out cheaper compared to so called budget airlines.

Living in the Buckinghamshire countryside but only half an hour from Heathrow also helps😃.
Aberdeen airport has some of the highest landing fees in the country. Add that to the limited supply and high demand for flights and you have incredibly expensive flights, regardless of how far in advance you book them. We have driven to Manchester and Birmingham before to fly, never mind Edinburgh and Glasgow. I am extremely jealous of you folk all close to London airports for the choice and prices you have!! 😩

Reactions: 8
Oh lord please don't let this thread turn into a tutorial on air travel from Scotland, sometimes I wish there was a yawning emoji 😴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

I know I usually book a year in advance for London , but sometimes trips have to be made at short notice Easy jet were so cheap but we can’t fly with them now to Gatwick. It’s either Luton, London city with Flybe has been cut too. Every turn we make to fly south has been affected. If we were to send staff down to London for the day and also oil companies have men going out on emergency trips abroad and have to fly to London to get to Houston etc. If your then flying down last minute it’s so expensive. Ours were often sent on an oil job where the hydraulics were not working so had to down tools and just fly out to wherever they sent them. It was either KLM To schiphol then the long haul flight or to London with BA. Overheads with these companies will be a lot higher now go send staff abroad. Buckinghamshire is a lovely area and yes so accessible for flying

Aberdeen airport has some of the highest landing fees in the country. Add that to the limited supply and high demand for flights and you have incredibly expensive flights, regardless of how far in advance you book them. We have driven to Manchester and Birmingham before to fly, never mind Edinburgh and Glasgow. I am extremely jealous of you folk all close to London airports for the choice and prices you have!! 😩
It sure has. Inverness is far cheaper. Flights to London in December for £8 with easy jet today.

Oh lord please don't let this thread turn into a tutorial on air travel from Scotland, sometimes I wish there was a yawning emoji 😴
It’s not. People have asked questions about why don’t the meldrums not fly at a much more convenient time for the kids etc. People who don’t know the issues surrounding NE Scottish travel. So just trying to inform them as isn’t nice to see people being criticised unfairly, They don’t control the airlines and times to fly. Just trying to educate those people on issues we have. Yes give the meldrums stick where it’s due, but not when it’s not. Also as it’s a freebie holiday I dare say they are told when to fly (if there was a more convenient time to fly). Neilsons won’t just pay silly money for them. They will try and cap the costs of flying them there. They may think they are famous, but no famous enough yet to fly from signature from the local airport in their private jet at the time that suits them 🤣. If you don’t like it then read on which I do with other topics covered here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Mrs Meldrums does not get ‘so so’ many messages a day about stuff. She reads tattle...it touches a nerve and because she can’t block and delete this site she feels the need to retaliate to the sheep for some moral support!

Queue the anxiety when she gets back home about kids club messages and justifying herself.

Ps Reb lay off the ADs they are shite and desperate.

There’s a reason why there’s x30 on a sky remote to skip the bloody ads!!!

Reactions: 34
If I was a bookie I would be slashing the odds on a woe is me attack happening in the next 72 hours. I bet the "trolls" (us) are going to get the blame for ruining the holiday.

Reactions: 27
I’d love to know what her “screen time” total is on her iPhone. I can imagine they tend to sweat when they can’t access t’interweb. Surprised they don’t disable comments while they’re in the air.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Nana and Mimi must be ready to go into overdrive once the plane takes off and Reb and Pat can’t delete comments for a couple of hours!!!!

This is what makes me think that surely they can’t be earning the sort of money some people suggest. Even they aren’t too tight to make their life a bit easier in certain situations if so???
They didn’t take a single penny with them on holiday. I believe they really are THAT tight.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
If I was a bookie I would be slashing the odds on a woe is me attack happening in the next 72 hours. I bet the "trolls" (us) are going to get the blame for ruining the holiday.

I think it's all about here
Not private messages
Was there any negative comments on insta?

Reactions: 8
Would the freebie holiday not include the flight costs? If they do then surely it would be better to take the easiest option with three little kids and fly to London and then London to wherever they are going. Brummy mummy says she always takes first class when the Brand is paying. Otherwise she travels economy.

I think it's all about here
Not private messages
Was there any negative comments on insta?
There were no vile dm's. It's all for sympathy. Playing the victim. Having said that I wouldn't put it past her to make a fake id and send herself one.

Reactions: 13
Would the freebie holiday not include the flight costs? If they do then surely it would be better to take the easiest option with three little kids and fly to London and then London to wherever they are going. Brummy mummy says she always takes first class when the Brand is paying. Otherwise she travels economy.
Flying to London from locally isn’t the easiest option due to time scale involved waiting around at airports and time in the air etc, and then having to get a train from Luton or Heathrow to Gatwick with easy jet. 2.5 hour drive to Edinburgh is no hassle. Plus she also got to see her sister whilst there. Unfortunately no first class with easy jet.

Reactions: 3
Yes they really did buy the murder house. It is easily googled. There's a picture of the house on the BBC website and there it is in all it's glory, including the pink and white slabbed patio outside. They have video'd virtually the whole of the house so it is very easily recognisable. So much for privacy which proves removing the Meldrums channel due to privacy was a load of old blx. Old man Cannon probably got it cheap as an investment for his retirement because there is no way the Meldrums would have got a mortgage on a 600k house going straight from a house worth around 180k and being self employed for such a short time.
Plus the council owned half of the Meldrums old house as it was one of those shared equity low cost houses. Which they tried to hide. Lol

Reactions: 6
Hear hear! Some threads totally derail & turn into a bloody borefest! Along with the really long, spaced out posts - I wish everyone would read the guidelines for Tattle! 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hear hear! Some threads totally derail & turn into a bloody borefest! Along with the really long, spaced out posts - I wish everyone would read the guidelines for Tattle! 🙄
Sorry for being a borefest. I’ll go and read the guidelines again

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4

There were no vile dm's. It's all for sympathy. Playing the victim. Having said that I wouldn't put it past her to make a fake id and send herself one.
Now you have just giving her an idea as she hasn’t enough brains cells to think of that lol

Ok moving away from airports

On neilson holiday Instagram page no recent pics of the Meldrums.
Mr meldrums liked a few things.
Why no pics of their ski adventures?

On another note on facebook

Mrs meldrum jan 2018

If you want to read just why we love Neilson Holidays then read the article below, super proud that our passion & love for these active holidays has finally caught their attention & we now get to work with them :)https://www.neilson.co.uk/beach/family-holidays/articles/the-perfect-family-holiday

Lol at the bit in that article childcare is essential as stay at home work at home parents we spend every day with our children.

So is it safe to assume the italy and greece break were both free last year.
Also they did neilson takeovers.
Working with?
Does that mean paid, gifted or discounted.
This ski one is the only one shes declared as gifted.

Neilson themselves have advertised their social media and you tube channels therefore maybe increased followers.

Im appalled ASA and CMA can't see how sneaky they both been.
Reb never tells folowers costs.
Like the childcare its not all inclusive its an expensive extra.
I dont think shes done best job this time.
Maybe Neilson realise that as they failed to share on Neilson holiday social media accounts.
I do think their business relationships predates 2018 as some aspects of 2017 were very suspicious.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Sorry for being a borefest. I’ll go and read the guidelines again
It's not a bore fest but it was established in the first post that replied about Scottish airports, yet posts are still being made about the logistics of travelling from there and I think all us understand it now.

Reactions: 6
Thread derailment tends to occur when the original subject has been coming very boring.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD REBECCA DO SOMETHING INTERESTING!!

With a bit of effort she could have made that ski holiday look really good. Because contrary to the old saying, it is actually very easy to make the camera lie.

As for people moaning about 'the long spaced out comments' the hide button is your friend 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's not a bore fest but it was established in the first post that replied about Scottish airports, yet posts are still being made about the logistics of travelling from there and I think all us understand it now.
I got the message from the first person who mentioned it was a borefest. I don’t need numerous people telling me the same thing.

How long till she’s booked in for another reiki session...

Actually, totally sums her up, lazy sod. Instead of making the effort to personally manage her emotions, she advocates a method where someone else does it for you.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.